Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone remember Cow RP and/or Cowed?  (Read 2627 times)

PlayerDeer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember Cow RP and/or Cowed?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 11:46:49 am »

What is this byond thing that enables all of this?
Byond is Build Your Own Net Dream. It's a, supposed to be, easy to learn coding language that has online built in and several features like hosting and even a pixel art program (It's crap.)
The coding language is called Dream Maker, often just called DM because it's easier. I've had it described to me as a bad version of C++ and Java mixed together.

You can view all the games hosted on Byond games section of the website but you need Byond to actually play any of the games.

There are actually several games that were built in Byond that are on steam, but don't require Byond to play, NEStalgia, EPΘCH, and TRANSCEND to name a few. Those all from what I remembered required something special to not actually need Byond installed to run though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:31:47 pm »

Oh hey, Cowed and Cow RP are still listed on there. Is it still possible to actually play them though?

E: Just clicked each of them and it said both are unavailable. I assume someone needs to have the actual server files and host a server or something. A shame.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:39:47 pm by Ozyton »

NobleSeagull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 05:21:41 pm »

From what I understand, Cowed is basically dead and gone. CowRP's dev won't release the hosting files due to it sort of going against his stance on rips of his game. So we're a bit deadlocked.
Pages: 1 [2]