Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: make your own Cleganebowl  (Read 13764 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: make your own Cleganebowl
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2018, 03:36:01 am »

Hell the main story even moves on without you if you are not careful...so do some of the side quests once started

happened to me twice now. some stud farm got raided and i went off to get some better equipment, when i came back they had found the culprits and were already leaving, the quest finished without me. some other quest i was supposed to find some priest for a sick guy, i was otherwise occupied and suddenly that guy died.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2018, 04:12:09 am »

Sick guy died for me, too.

The stable quest is pretty good, but I've already seen it in countless different approches in the pre-gameplay. I was kinda worried about it failing, but he did stand around for a week as I slowly made progress.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2018, 11:06:27 am »

There is only one thing I'm completely against in this game, but first only minor issues:
- Some minor random bugs, mainly graphical
- Fuc*in' loading screens all over the place and completely not consistent. Talking to NPC? Loading screen. Finished talking? Loading screen. Cutscene? Much shorter loading screen. Changing graphics option in main menu? By far the longest loading screen in the game, almost as long as starting game + loading a save + all loading screens in 1h gameplay in the town talking to npcs combined. You WILL think the game crashed. WTF? Are they running some benchmarks in the background? Or trying to fund a game by mining cryptocurency.
- Optimisation is all over the place as well. Running around with torch in the night, with all the shadow play - 60fps. Pretty much static talking to NPC - 5fps.

The one thing that puts me off and many other players is a save system. I don't need save everywhere or anything like that, but LET ME EFFIN' SAVE ON QUIT. I'm not unemployed 20 yo, that can play hours at time just to be able to save. Autosaves are irrelevant because of being only in main story.
Saving item being a huge strain on economy and currently only way to save on quit. Oh, and don't forget that using it even moderately often will give you game-changing debuff.
Sleeping is nice and all, but I think it missed the point. More often than not you are sleeping because you want a save, not because you need to sleep. Here is a catch also - you can't sleep when you are not tired. That means to get that save you are waiting to get tired (takes time looking at slow moving cirlce) and then get to sleep.
It looks like the mechanic is annoying just to be annoying and brings nothing otherwise. I'm almost 100% sure that it's there to sell the game. Such annoying mechanics gets talked about and being talked about sells the game no matter what's the tone.

It is so obvious for anyone (including devs) that it will get modded (if not done already), and it's kind of mod that will get more downloads than PC copies sold.

This saving system alone made me discourage people from buying this and convinced me to uninstall and wait for fixes for other stuff.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2018, 11:17:31 am »

They've already stated save on quit is being patched in.

In the meantime, just brew a buttload of saviour schnapps.  It's mildly expensive to purchase outright in the very early game, but can be crafted for next to nothing.  2x belladonna and a nettle.  Nettles grow absolutely bloody everywhere, and if you haven't found a good spot for belladonna yet then herbalists tend to carry a decent stock and charge a pittance for it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2018, 03:31:47 pm »

Uh, belladonna? That flower that's toxic to people and that some idiots made tea from until they figured out it was killing them?

Must be some pretty good schnapps!

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2018, 05:14:46 pm »

na, its a poisonous berry. women during the medival times used eyedrops made from it to deluded the pupils, with was deemed pretty. (bella donna = beautiful women)
anyway, it was always known to be poisonous and a popular poison during the time of the roman empire.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:22:33 pm by motorbitch »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2018, 08:17:02 pm »

so, um, with a bit of practice and a decent bow, arrows are op.

i took out an entire cuman camp out at night, wearing dark clothing and keeping my distance during a rainstorm, picking them off one by one at a distance. even armored opponents take a good amount of damage from decent arrows. they even panicked a bit and scattered to comb the woods looking for me. one did. he met my sword, an improved soul slicer. (ive been leveling maintenance)

also, protip; pick nettles. pick all the nettles you find.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:22:35 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2018, 08:22:47 pm »

New favorite feature, teleport me into a middle of a road brawl which ends up scaring my horse away, midway both teams decided to band together and beat my ass.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2018, 04:56:24 am »

My default story horse died during the first big story battle (well it bled out some miles from it) and I upgraded and dear god its a world of difference. Grab yourself a big horse with big saddlebags and just don't pick up gambersons (those guys are heavy, but they are equally heavy in real life).

It feels like we are only a few small steps away from allowing fully free movement of the sword in this game, that would be nice.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2018, 07:50:18 am »

It feels like we are only a few small steps away from allowing fully free movement of the sword in this game, that would be nice.

I don't think I've seen any non-VR game besides Die by the Sword attempt this. Would certainly be interesting to see, hehe.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2018, 12:11:18 pm »

I don't think I've seen any non-VR game besides Die by the Sword attempt this. Would certainly be interesting to see, hehe.

it wasn't that long ago that Neal Stephenson raised over $500,000 to attempt this, with a haptic feedback controller, and ended up producing absolutely nothing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang/description
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:41:07 pm by ZeroGravitas »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2018, 03:01:20 pm »

I just spent an hour mass murdering every single thing I could find in Ushitz.

Then after I got bored of killing everyone, I surrendered to the guard, who imprisoned me for 10 days. After which everyone in Ushitz loves me again.

Good times.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2018, 06:40:55 pm »

Yeah max sentence you can get seems to be 10-12 days, regardless of how many you kill. most npcs respawn, too...

However, I killed a little guy called Lanky, one of 5 you have to fist-fight to process a quest (the quest has two ways to continue, but one is completly bugged) - every other of the 5 guys you have to fight is tagged as immortal, but this guy wasn't, so I can't proceed and unlike most stuck quests in this one, I can't just look up where I would have to go and force the quest to continue there.

Sooo my main story is stuck for the time being.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2018, 09:55:03 pm »

Ok so I dunno if this was addressed but I find playing with a xbox controller made this game ten times better with combat. I can direct my sword easily with the right stick making feints a piece of cake. Just for shits I destroyed all of Rattay just for how much better I can play now.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2018, 03:04:33 am »

Not fpp, but it has been done - Exanima. Unfortunately, I think it is abandoned, but has cheap, playable alpha-version game. Not really a great game, but Die by the Sword wasn't either.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8