Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: make your own Cleganebowl  (Read 13915 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: make your own Cleganebowl
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 06:42:01 pm »

triple postttttt

so it's out and i hear its good.

the primary cons are:
bugs and optimization (to be expected, it's warhorse studios first game and it's brand spanking new)
lack of random events in the world (traveling places rarely have events happen on the road; maybe bandit attacks and stuff but thats it)
the main characters face (this one made me lol)

i'll be getting started on my lp when i get back home tomorrow night but i wont have time to really play until thursday night. my first posts in my lp will start friday night.

Haven't played enough to say one way or the other about the second con, but have for the other two. Yeah, it's got bugs, I haven't run into any major ones so far, but it seems like a matter of time before I hit something off. The optimization is really poor; I have a GTX 960, which admittedly, isn't the best thing, but I've not been able to keep it at 60 on high. Seems like people with much higher specs are getting the same experience there.

There are also tons of loading screens into dialogue and cutscenes, which really throws me off. Anyone you talk to will cause the screen to go black for a bit before allowing you to actually speak to them.

Henry's face does look rather strange, but so do many of the faces in the game. I'm not sure if it's poor face-rigging, or buggy face-rigging, but a lot of the time they seem a bit... off. Makes certain emotional scenes rather awkward.

Only got three hours into as of this post, so I can't really add more then that for now.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 03:28:01 am »

How is the combat? When I played the beta a couple years ago, the combat was janky and clunky as hell with horrible input lag. If it's anything like it was, I can't imagine myself finding this game enjoyable.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 04:42:24 am »

First thing I saw when i checked twitch on this was a guy punching a unkillable npc to level his stats.

And 7000 people in chat went "Omg just like skyrim".

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 08:55:54 am »

Some of the dialogue overstays its welcome

"What's going on?"
"I don't know. Do you know what's going on?"
"How would I know?"
"I saw you talk with the captain earlier."
"Well I don't know what's going on."
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 09:02:36 am »

I'd agree but I have heard equally stupid conversations here in my office so I cannot in good conscience.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 12:26:41 pm »

Ive only played a bit before i left but yeah, its a generation behind in graphics and could use optimization. The whole faces and bad acting are non-issues to me, its pretty historically accurate so im immersed anyway.

The combat, while a little hard to learn, is hardcore and awesome.

I rate it highly so far. Could use some fps fixing but i changed the voices to german with eng subs and im immersed.

I have been watching the series the last kingdom while ive been away. Its this show about the 800s england and set during the period of king alfred the great and im loving it.
I decided to play my lp as a talker and use wisdom where possible. It wont start that way but i think ill craft a narrative with my playthrough.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2018, 12:30:16 pm »

I'm getting highly annoyed at the frequency and length of loading screens, especially when I have enough spare RAM that the entire game could be loaded into active memory if they wanted and I'm running the game from an SSD. There is no reason for it.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2018, 05:36:53 pm »

Tried the game out for a while on a friends account and boy am I glad I didnt buy it.

The game looks great, soundtrack and sounddesign are nice. And the atmosphere is fantastic, simply because it doesnt do the old "The middle-ages are mostly gray and brown"-stupidity other stuff does. Credit where credit is due.

But that's about where the good ended for me. It takes ages to get out of the cliche and very boring prologue to a point where you are actually doing things. Seriously, it took me around 4-6 hours before I felt like I was playing a videogame, and not just watching a movie that requires you to change seats every 5 minutes. Not helped at all by you having basically no relevant choices troughout, the dialogue system is roughly 80% "Chose WHEN to say something, not WHAT you want to say.", which really starts to grind on me after the third or fourth time the MC get's himself knee-deep into trouble because he cant keep his gob shut for 5 minutes.

And then the loading. By GOD. The loading. It is not hyperbole to say that you will spend roughly 25% of your total time playing staring at loading screens. It loads when you fast travel, it loads EVERYTIME you start a conversation or cutscene. It actually LOADS to open the map. No I am not kidding.

I couldnt get into the combat, at all. There's 5 directions you can have your stance in. Attacks can come from one of these 5 directions. Blocking is simple enough, you dont have to match the exact direction, just the rough side (Meaning left, right or up). The only thing that requires matching stances is a perfect block, which is supposed to open up the opponent for a counter.
But I couldnt get it to work. Either the animations do a very poor job of conveying the actual attack-direction, or the thing ist just broken. And everything OTHER than the perfect block just straight up doesnt work. I can chain, feint and dodge all I want, the enemy just blocks all of it. I had 20 minute fights against random bandits in the woods, just because they couldnt hit me, and would just perfectly block whatever I was doing. I eventually just started jumping on rocks or across rivers and then shooting every enemy to death with arrows.

The final nail in the coffin is the saving system. You save by going to sleep, which takes ages. You have to watch a "I'm lying down now." animation, chose the desired sleep time, watch a clock progress AS SLOW AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, and then watch the character stand back up. The only other way to save manually is by buying "Saviour Schnapps", which is a consumeable item. And I can't even words on how moronic this is in a game like this.

I thought I was fine because it autosaves during some Quests. Or at least, it did initially. But then later on I lost a solid 2 and a half hours of progress, after the game randomly didn't save in between a string of different objectives inside a main quest. If I pressed that deinstall button any harder, my steam library would've probably caught fire.

After looking at the store page again, I'm also fairly certain that the game just straight up does a load of false advertising. The Screens make you think it's gonna be big-scale conflict and a decent amount of well-thought out combat mechanics. I'd say the game is more accurately 10% beating random schlubs to death somewhere in some woods. Maybe I just didnt go deep enough, but I cant be bothered to anyway.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2018, 06:54:00 pm »

If you have loading issues...you need an SSD. Unless you are playing on console...then you are just screwed but what can you expect when playing new games on 4 or 5 year old hardware. I play on PC and didn't even know loading screens for conversations was a thing. In fact I only have loading screens when I load up the game or am teleported somewhere that requires loading...and even then it loads in about 5 seconds.

Also blocking doesn't require directional blocking...you can literally hold Q and block everything until your stamina runs out. Perfect blocking just costs less stamina and generaly opens them up to attack.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:00:24 pm by dennislp3 »

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2018, 03:12:20 am »

4. it's for pc: check

The controls are obviously designed for consoles. That kept me from trying all the recent Elder Scrolls games, and it looks like I'll skip this one too.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2018, 09:56:23 am »

Gonna throw in my worthless two cents.

I kinda enjoy the game so far. Still stuck in the 4 hour intro (as Stuebi mentioned) but I've been enjoying it so far.

The game has a lot of history/story to sift through with the codex(s) that you come across/unlock/however you go about getting them. I like that you can also just walk around and listen to people's conversations, where they'll mention recent events or something going on. It's not the same voice line every time you pass by them (may just not have enough time in game to state that).

The only thing that kills my enjoyment of the game is the bugs/glitches/etc that cause some hiccups in gameplay. The major one that's annoying me the most is repeated dialog and lips not syncing to what they are saying (unless they are animated to go along with a language different than English? Maybe? Probably not.).

I'll be playing a bit more tonight so maybe I'll have a little more input later.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 07:59:17 pm »

4. it's for pc: check

The controls are obviously designed for consoles. That kept me from trying all the recent Elder Scrolls games, and it looks like I'll skip this one too.

Not sure how you got this conclusion...I am playing on PC and it feels like a PC game...the control scheme feels just fine.

That's a pretty shallow way to judge a game...you don't even try it cause you assume the controls are meant for console games...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:47 pm »

The constant loading screens got to be too much. Between that and the bugs, I don't think I can handle this game in current state. Performance was fine, solid 60fps but loading every few steps just takes me out of the game too much and three times I have gotten stuck behind immovable npcs and had to wait for them to decide to wander off. Twice I have seen NPCs pop up through floors or walk through a wall and end up on a building roof. Maybe in a year when it's been optimized and improved a bit I'll reconsider but for now I refunded it.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 08:40:35 pm »

I am glad that it sounds mediocre technically.

I was super intrigued by it, but then discovered the head dev is a neo-Nazi and stuffed his game with his politics. For the curious, there are a few interviews out there already~ basically why it is male protagonist only (dev claims ladies were all slaves with no agency in the Middle ages you see, despite far more progressive property laws than say in the 19th century in the same region, and despite figures like Joan of Arc) or why the only non-white people in Bohemia (next door to the Turkish empire for centuries, and so full of Romani peoples that the notion of a “bohemian lifestyle” literally comes from the pan-European assumption that bohemia is the birthplace of the Romani) are Kumans. The Kumans are represented as subhuman orcs, ofc.

Basically your standard far right revisionist bullshit masquerading as “Real Serious History”

I, as a rule, don’t buy from neo-Nazis, and so was sad to be missing out on what looked like Unreal world with graphics, but if even the combat sucks (and it sounds every but as awful as Morrowind combat) I feel better.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:43:15 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2018, 09:11:55 pm »

So you think women had free social mobility and were able to just pick up a sword and become warrior goddesses because Joan of Arc existed?

Can you provide some actual historical information to support your claims?

The fact that you so casually label someone a neo-nazi with such ease takes all wind out of any serious argument you could be making.

I have been playing for over 20 hours now and haven't noticed any political undertones or anything...Disney movies do a good job of shoehorning politics into stuff but this game doesn't have that.

I think you are creating a story of a problem that doesn't exist....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:13:53 pm by dennislp3 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8