Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: ScrollChat  (Read 9370 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: ScrollChat
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 09:44:14 am »

Hey, this is pretty cool! By the way...
I'm kinda stuck in a dungeon. I mostly ran past all the undead that was here, and got into the treasure room before some tripwire or something locked the door. Actually, this dungeon is more of the caves where all the necromancers are, still around Nodord (My brother lives there, he runs the smithy!). Anyhow, I'm stuck in a room of assorted coins, magical whatevers, and other assorted treasures. Right now, all I have is some chainmail, an iron helm, a short sword, a lantern, and my backup daggar. Yeah, I was kinda unprepared. Could I get some advice?

Avanti!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:14 am »

Uh... well, I'd start with looking for a secret switch before the cieling starts lowering. It's usually in something that looks prominent but also like a trap. Otherwise, don't panic. You have a few days before you run out of air.

On an unrelated note, could I get someone to work as security for a bit? The sudden influx of travelers has been making trouble. I'm preferably looking for an orc or some other "scary" race. Alternatively, someone who can easily stop a fight without getting blood on the carpet would be fine.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:21 am »

Hey, this is pretty cool! By the way...
I'm kinda stuck in a dungeon. I mostly ran past all the undead that was here, and got into the treasure room before some tripwire or something locked the door. Actually, this dungeon is more of the caves where all the necromancers are, still around Nodord (My brother lives there, he runs the smithy!). Anyhow, I'm stuck in a room of assorted coins, magical whatevers, and other assorted treasures. Right now, all I have is some chainmail, an iron helm, a short sword, a lantern, and my backup daggar. Yeah, I was kinda unprepared. Could I get some advice?
I'm half-way across the continent. Sorry! :(

Is anyone near Nodrod? Maybe we can get a rescue party arranged!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 10:14:24 am »

Um... I'd be there now, if I knew where that was. :/
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

Tipsee man!  Can thump heds fr shinies!  Also gud fr pay in bebbis or cowws.  No gotes, too triksy.  Wun troll cummin yr way!  I Grogdogrogbog.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 11:43:26 am »

Hay wut iz this? Y r u having a kova convert conversayshun with yourself payper?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:45:43 am by Failbird105 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 11:58:54 am »

I really need to make sure that these things get to people who actually know how to use them.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 12:00:04 pm »

Perhaps a label of some sort so people know what it is? Just a suggestion.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 12:16:02 pm »

fuck it all. i'll give u to the boss maybee he can figger dis out.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 12:16:22 pm »

Okay, I found a secret tunnel under a big pile of silver coins, but it seems to just go down more. Should I head in? I actually found a leather chestpiece that I put under the chainmail, and a cool scimitar with a big ruby in the grip. Not sure if it's magic, but it sure looks impressive.

Also, the air stinks. Not like sulfur or anything, but just... stale. Like, ridiculously stale. I probably should've mentioned this before, but the treasure room wasn't lit up and my only source of light is this lantern. I might have enough spare oil for a day or so.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:21:27 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 12:26:15 pm »

Testing?

All right, guess this communication thing works. Don't know why anyone would pass it off as a scroll of curse removal, but I guess that's a mystery for another day.

I just pulled off a pretty narrow escape from the Hellsmouth, which I now realize I was in no way ready for. Managed to grab a staff on the way out, though. Looks pretty intimidating, so I have high hopes.

Doubloon, I think I recognize your dungeon. Pretty sure that tunnel is a trap, but there's some good loot down there, if you think you can survive it. Alternatively, rescue team might be a go. Not in the greatest shape right now, but I could play navigator and cast a spell or two if anyone else can help.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 12:28:32 pm »

Well you haven't got much else to do. Although you should be careful if the passage is kind of moist, I hear tentacles set up in places like that and then draw and quarter people that walk by to feed to the main body. Not a fun way to go I imagine. I wouldn't worry to much since you have a lamp though. They hate light, that's why they set up in the dark.

Also, someone left a bag of holding at the Inn. If you don't come back and claim it in a month I'm selling it to one of the nomad shamans. Been wanting some of their herbs.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 12:30:31 pm »

What kind of trap? Also, keep in mind, the most I killed were two skeletons outside the entrance, everything else, I just ran past. The necromancers probably don't know I'm here, until they go to check their treasure. I'm gonna pack my pockets with gold, and head down there. Side note, are they pressure activated? Tripwires? Magic?

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 12:41:16 pm »

A scroll of curse removal?

Please tell me where to find the merchant that sold the scroll to you. I'd like to have a word with them.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 12:42:38 pm »

No problem, mate, be there in 30 minutes. Necroman had some 7-league boots. :)
I guess the elves didn't give you directions, because you're still not here. How about I fly out to Mount Kiahr's crater, so we can meet there instead without any interference from those pests?
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14