Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-glazed only earthenware stockpile  (Read 912 times)

Another Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-glazed only earthenware stockpile
« on: August 20, 2017, 11:20:27 am »

I can't find a way to set up stockpile that would accept only non-glazed earthenware. It always ends up accepting both glazed and non-glazed. So, anyone knows how to set stockpiles in a way that I can have one for non-glazed near my glazer workshop and one with glazed finished goods and whatnot near the depo?

This could probably be done with 'take/give from workshop', but I would like to know how to setup dedicated stockpiles for it anyway.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Non-glazed only earthenware stockpile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 04:18:10 pm »

Since glazing is a decoration, have you tried a stockpile that doesn't accept decorated earthenware?

Another Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:49:41 am »

Tried it but I screwed up something and dwarfs carried away all the earthenware somewhere else (still got no idea where to lol) and I got none left to test it atm. That should be done through allowing one stockpile to have only 'core quality' permitted and other one only 'total quality', with the rest settings the same for earthenware, right? But wouldn't that be still a problem if dwarf decide to decorate non-glazed earthenware with, lets say, bones?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 03:03:46 pm »

It'd be a problem then yeah, and I suppose it can happen on retire/unretire. In that case might have to collect all earthenware in fortress into 1 spot (stocks menu marking for dump) and either sort or crush.

Though at least can still decorate. With cloth and leather images, you cannot make the image if your jeweler or metalcrafter or whatnot made one or dozen first.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:25:06 pm »

Since glazing is a decoration, have you tried a stockpile that doesn't accept decorated earthenware?

That's impossible in the current version.

That should be done through allowing one stockpile to have only 'core quality' permitted and other one only 'total quality', with the rest settings the same for earthenware, right?

No. "Total quality" is not orthogonal to "core quality". All items have a default "total quality" equal to their "core quality"; decorations can only increase "total quality", and only if they are better than the "core quality" of the item.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 11:29:19 pm »

Ah, thought it'd be possible given the settings. Thanks for correcting me (when I decorate, I always use restricted burrows/stockpile links, so never had it come up.)

Another Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 04:08:38 pm »

So in other words, it's not possible, other than carefully setting up give/take from workshop?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 04:25:18 pm »

Aye. Best you could do is finding earthenware with low core quality and then taking from it things with high total quality, I guess.