Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldiers stuck job status "Unreachable"  (Read 370 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Soldiers stuck job status "Unreachable"
« on: August 20, 2017, 11:49:43 am »

I had a miner stuck in a cavern after removing stairs. Then an FB showed up and killed him. Not realizing the dwarf was stuck there from removing stairs, I panicked thinking the FB found access to my fort and ordered a squad to its last known position in the cavern. However, there was no way to reach it and since then they are stuck doing nothing and still say "unreachable" despite having canceled the order to move.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, sending them was a suicide mission and I would prefer to not rebuild stairs to help them find their end faster.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers stuck job status "Unreachable"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:20:46 pm »

You're lucky the FB isn't capable of flying... Regardless, you should plug the hole as as quickly as possible, but do so out of sight of the FB (creatures have a tendency to climb to attack and flee).

I'd try three things:
- Order them to be stationed elsewhere and then cancel that order once they start moving.
- Set their squad to off duty.
- Remove them from their squad and then reenter them.

I'd try them from the top down, as the third one in particular may result in a bit recovery work as gear is shed and recovered.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers stuck job status "Unreachable"
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 01:06:55 pm »

The third option worked and wasn't too hard since it was just 6 dorfs. Thanks so much!

The Accident Prone Abbey appreciates your help too.
Only a simple mind can be certain.