Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles IC  (Read 17398 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles IC
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:10:07 pm »

The seat of Valkain, Grand City Esbellern. Throughout one's life, they will eventually make the trip to the capital, whether on business, visiting, or some for lesser reasons. Some end up making the move to the grand city, in hopes of becoming rich and famous, or simply to further their education. In the last twenty years, Esbellern has revolutionized modern life, the invention of steam power, the automation it has brought, and the new magics developed by it's magicians. Those that desire know that Esbellern is the city of miracles. While home to the Church of St. Esbel, Esbellern is more famous for being the capital of Valkain, and the throne for Emperor James Valka's rule.

Today is the celebration of the crowning of the heir to the throne, Seig Valka, twentieth to his name, and direct descended of Esbel Valka, Founding emperor and Conqueror of Valkain. Everyone has gathered for the event, knowing that today will be a day they will never forget. This, as well, is why you are here. As if by fate or by divine guidance, you have by some means come to attend this event. For not only does today signify the crowning of the heir, but also the announcement of the Emperor's newest conquest.

OOC Link

Everyone is gathered in the main square, the Emperor, his wife, Marie, and the heir, Seig, all stand under the statue of St. Esbel. Behind them stand the seven Mage Knight Lords. Dividing the crowd are the Royal Guards, who create an aisle between the two rows. Though few notice them, among the crowd are several soldiers all wearing the tabards of the Church. Standing near to the Emperor is High Priest Leobol Dukel, though few give him a passing thought. The coronation and the announcement have yet to be started, so for a short moment, the people begin to idly chatter.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:39:06 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:12:52 pm »

A tall man wrapped entirely in a cloak stands with two others, staring up at the Emperor and his family with silentl, burning malice.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:20:13 pm »

Agilulf was standing next to Freyja, having come to see what a crowning looks like up close. He figured he might as well if he was going to try and get himself into the business of doing stuff for these high society types. Gotta know what they do in public and shit. That said, he wasn't very impressed with the sight. He'd expect something grander. Maybe a retinue of knights to fancy up the guard detail.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:21:19 pm »

A figure in a full suit of armor stands off to the side by a building, one of the simple policing knights, but one whose equipment seems to be a wide departure from the norm.  A glass plate sits in their helm, full of a foggy liquid that distorts the upper half of their face.  Their lower faceplate is unattached, leaving their mouth and chin free to see.  They appear to have soft features, though they are set in what many might joke is rigor mortis.  The fact that the armored figure is not moving only contributes to this.

Their armor is the most striking feature, polished copper and brass, gleaming steel welded and riveted to it, gears and pistons jut from odd places, but they seem to serve purposes of some sort.

In their hands, a convoluted work of clockwork and steam masquerades as a Pole-arm, it ticks from time to time, and steam occasionally hisses out of it gently.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 12:29:11 pm »

A hooded figure is nearby, their head kept down as the royal procession advances past, only the slightest glint of shadowed eyes flitting about, like a mother doe searching the woods for wolves. The cloak they wear is rather rough, disguising the form beneath it.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 12:32:50 pm »

Freyja stands alongside Agilulf, hiding beneath her cloak. She didn't need any more attention than necessary, especially around the capital. Too many potential enemies. She crosses her arms.
"I've never liked the capital."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 12:35:15 pm »

Agilulf shrugs at the comment.
"I think it's interesting here personally. But then, It's also my first time here."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:29:07 pm by kj1225 »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 12:37:23 pm »

"Neither have I. A monument to man! How wonderful."

His sarcasm is nearly palpable.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »

Tabitha sadly stands with her fellow seven, unable to idly chat. She must keep up her elegance while in front of the populace.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 01:08:19 pm »

A short woman in a warm coat is at the edge of the crowd, looking thoroughly uncomfortable. Lillian hadn't even known of the coronation when she came to the city - it certainly hadn't been the reason she'd come out to somewhere so... cramped.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 01:10:49 pm »

Abdul covered his nose with a handkerchief. He always heared about how large the capital would be, countless people cramped in such a tight space...but he never realised just how smelly the city was...

He spoke to the next best person to the side

"What is all the commotion about? I am not from here, you see."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:15:35 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 01:54:14 pm »

A robed woman nervously tapped her fingers in her seat, seemingly... sweating profusely?

Pitua wasn't one to leave her chambers for most reasons, but she had heard of this coronation holding great news relating to the state of the capital, and thus, the libraries she adores.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »

A young man in a cloak that probably would have been described as flamboyant had it not been so tattered stood in the crowd, quietly grumbling.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 02:22:09 pm »

Whilst pacing around nervously, Pitua bumps into the man with the flamboyant cloak, toppling to the ground. However, she quickly stands and begins to bow politely.

"Oh dear oh gosh oh no, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you I was just nervous and couldn't see very well a-and..."

She continues ranting to herself and almost curls up into a ball, as much as one can while still standing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:43:44 pm by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 02:48:34 pm »

The man whirled, hand going to the longsword at his side only to relax upon discovering the person behind him was borderline sniveling. "It's, um, quite alright. These mistakes happen - and besides, I wouldn't expect anyone here to recognize my true stature either."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42