Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: ETA for the next release  (Read 22099 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: ETA for the next release
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2017, 09:32:52 pm »

In the latest livestream he did (yesterday/today, depending on your timezone), he said it's "a 50/50" on whether or not it's releasing this month, and that most of the things are already in place and all that's left is fine-tuning and such. Here's hoping.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2017, 06:05:47 am »

Hmm single digits, probably on issue 7 as of this date i guess roughly, ehh, pushing back two day average per nugget. Toad'ys been pretty active on his computer (from more forum activity than normal) so it looks like he's been present at said computer whittling through it

Then again they might just take the weekend off to take a break, then return to it on the working week.

My new guess is the 18th.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2017, 07:39:58 am »

My estimate is around the 20-22ndth.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dalriad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2017, 09:17:23 pm »

At least it won't be nearly as long this time for my requisite utilities to update, I'm fine sticking on 43.05 for a month or two but I don't want to wait for another 64-bit update if you catch my drift :P All their work (and Toady's of course) is very much appreciate, though, no matter how long it takes! Better to get it out as polished as possible, than as quickly as possible.

VislarRn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 09:43:27 am »

My impeccable analysis trying to predict release date followed the next technique:

I took the Bible, opened the Book of Revelations, then took the current month (10.) as a chapter and date (8.) as a verse. The verse had 37 words in it. DF alpha was released on August 6th, 2006. 6+2+0+0+6 = 14. Now let's subtract this from the first number and we get 23.

This is the release date - 23. October.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 11:09:22 am »

My impeccable analysis trying to predict release date followed the next technique:

I took the Bible, opened the Book of Revelations, then took the current month (10.) as a chapter and date (8.) as a verse. The verse had 37 words in it. DF alpha was released on August 6th, 2006. 6+2+0+0+6 = 14. Now let's subtract this from the first number and we get 23.

This is the release date - 23. October.
But won't the release date change every day since every day there's a different Bible verse you have to read?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

VislarRn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2017, 11:38:43 am »

But won't the release date change every day since every day there's a different Bible verse you have to read?
Only if you are unbeliever.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 12:19:42 am »

Given the "yummy, yummy dev nuggets", my estimate has been blown out of the water :-)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 03:54:31 am »

A person can dream...

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2017, 07:52:26 am »

The question is: does Toady have sauce for the nuggets?
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:25 pm »

You are all wrong because you have all failed to use Scamps in your calculations.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:51 am »

Only three days till my prediction is proven right...!

On the other hand, only four till my prediction is proven wrong...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2017, 05:16:30 pm »

November 12th. Because it would suit me. Things never work out so I might as well jinx it the other way for you guys. I call it reverse demonstration effect.
let

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »

Current plan is "October, hmm...".
I predict November 3rd.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 04:33:06 pm »

I smell a bit of bluff in the last dev post, I reckon we could see it by Wednesday!
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13