Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: ETA for the next release  (Read 22137 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: ETA for the next release
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:57 pm »

I'm getting so antsy for this release since I know it's coming any day now. *fangirl squee*

Me too. I don't really feel like playing anything since I will just have to abandon it when the new release comes. Same thing with playing DF now. Everything in life seems pointless or on hold until the new version drops.

Suddenly feeling like my life is sad.

Wouldn't say I'm quite that depressed about it, but I know what you mean. I'm still creating new DF worlds every now and again just to pass the time, but I seldom do anything with them because of the incipient release.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »

Today or tomorrow. Maybe Friday.
I'm thinking its going to drop on the weekend.

Toady does devlogs every 6-7 days. Today is the eighth day without devlogs. He wouldn't do a devlog if he thought he was going to release in a couple days, he would hold it. Maybe I am overthinking it. I always do.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »

7 days. Occasionally 8. The last being November 1st. So at 7 days, it's due today.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2017, 04:09:26 pm »

7 days. Occasionally 8. The last being November 1st. So at 7 days, it's due today.

My math was wrong, though the November 1st one wasn't a proper devlog, and he didn't detail his progress in the monthly report either, so the last proper one was in oct 29th.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2017, 04:25:27 pm »

My math was wrong, though the November 1st one wasn't a proper devlog, and he didn't detail his progress in the monthly report either, so the last proper one was in oct 29th.
Sure, but if you look back, you'll see the rule still applies.
Don't worry, today's update will surely, definitely, almost certainly, maybe be the news that the release is done and ready for community bug hunting to commence.  :)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2017, 04:27:04 pm »

*another fangirl squee*
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »

*vibrates*

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2017, 10:08:04 pm »

Oh, well, that's good enough I guess. Quite happy to wait another week or so to get the damn dorfs out of the trees and not have to deal with invincible undead fluffy wambler hair any more.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2017, 10:53:08 pm »

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2017, 11:10:05 pm »

And on another note, who does Toady make these 'promises' to? I imagine Threetoe meeting with hooded Patreon supporters in a basement every quarter.

- Yeah. We'll fix the dorfs in trees.
- Before the release!
- What...er..yeah..I guess so. OK. And 15 crayon pictures of burning elves, right?
- And a Fluffy Wambler.
Mutters..what other kind is there...Yeah Ok. Anything else?
- Weapon traps.
- That's done already.

Hooded Toad worshipers begin chanting...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2017, 12:15:06 am »

Latest devlog said 2 nuggets and angry treeclimbers, so I guess around Dec 1st.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2017, 12:34:22 am »

Surely companion ai + bug promises = 2 nuggets.
I say Nov 22nd. Right in time for a sweet, sweet 4-day weekend in these parts.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2017, 12:43:51 am »

I bet the promises involve some terrible price...like, say, the hooded bay12ers get Toady's soul for all eternity after 1.0 is released.

Or would it make more sense for Toady to get their souls?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:47:50 am by PlumpHelmetMan »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2017, 01:49:53 am »

This is a finely crafted image of a Toad, some hooded cultists and version 1.0 of Dwarf Fortress. The cultists are devouring version 1.0 of Dwarf Fortress. The Toad is laughing. The world is burning.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2017, 02:51:34 am »

I still stick to my 16th of november statement which seems to be pretty close to the work quota unless a spanner gets thrown into the works, im sort of skeptical on how nessecary your party members speaking on your behalf with 'witty retorts' is (as one of the nuggets) when infiltrating & tresspassing with intent to steal since i think there will probably be a lot of dummy or null responses if your party member can't think of a relevant lie or exception.

Hair creatures being too tiny & unkillable are also going to be bugfixed, not sure what that entails as the 'fix' but hopefully it'll fix the uses & combat of creatures that are extremely small, kittens for instance being a not quite undead example.

Here's the devlog from my phone
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apologies about the poor formatting, it was submitted about 6 hours ago and the bay12 site hasn't been updated yet with the respective changes, im sure on the site it would be more neater.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:00:04 am by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13