Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: ETA for the next release  (Read 21867 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: ETA for the next release
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »

If it's not out this month, then I'm at the very least certain it'll be out within the first few days of December.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2017, 03:02:56 pm »

If it's not out this month, then I'm at the very least certain it'll be out within the first few days of December.
The same thing was said about November.  :P
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2017, 03:38:24 pm »

I remember when Toady released a new edition on April 1st and everyone thought it was a joke.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2017, 04:43:44 pm »

Yes, but come on. Two nuggets (one of which is just a few minor bug fixes) don't generally take an entire month to finish. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2017, 04:46:17 pm »

Yes, but come on. Two nuggets (one of which is just a few minor bug fixes) don't generally take an entire month to finish. :P
Yes, but the other is an AI update. All sorts of stuff can go wrong there.

And I can imagine it'd be pretty tempting to fix 'just one more thing' after realizing just how completely dumb companion AI is right now...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:48:38 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2017, 04:47:46 pm »

I guess you have a point there. Still, I choose to remain optimistic about my previous estimate. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. :)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:20 am »

ETA, I'm going to hold out hope we get a nice christmas gift of a new version around that time.  If not, oh well, I still have my current fortress to attend to.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2017, 05:05:27 pm »

Curse you all for filling me with DF hype every time I wake up!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »

I have the feeling that we're probably gonna get the new edition of DF in the next few days or a week after that.

If you look at the update logs, they're all 7-9 days apart, some very occasionally 5-6 days apart. The last update was on the 8th. So we're talking 16/17th for an update and it should be complete then or the update after that.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:37 am »

Hmm.
Well, I'm going to optimistically predict Nov 22nd release, with an early devblog update on Nov 20th announcing completion of tree and undead skin bugs.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2017, 07:26:52 am »

Quote from: ToadyOne
That took a while

Welp there goes my estimate, bug difficulty might take a few hours, days or a week (really depends on the volume of bugs that are being taken on) yet we are ever guided closer.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:48:48 am by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:52 am »

[quote="ToadyOne]That took a while

Welp there goes my estimate, bug difficulty might take a few hours, days or a week (really depends on the volume of bugs that are being taken on) yet we are ever guided closer.
[/quote]
Plenty of bugs can be sorted out during the bug-fixing phase post-release too. For now it seems to be just teaching dorfs how to climb down trees and nerfing invincible undead skin (and weapon traps which was fixed quite a way back). Hopefully...

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2017, 09:04:50 am »

I hope the people who wanted those bugs fixed before release are proud of themselves. We could be playing a bug-riddled first release RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:23 am »

I just don't give a crap about bugs.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:18 am »

I hope the people who wanted those bugs fixed before release are proud of themselves. We could be playing a bug-riddled first release RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

LMAO don't worry there will still be some  ;D
let
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13