Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: ETA for the next release  (Read 8477 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ETA for the next release
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »

If it's not out this month, then I'm at the very least certain it'll be out within the first few days of December.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2017, 03:02:56 pm »

If it's not out this month, then I'm at the very least certain it'll be out within the first few days of December.
The same thing was said about November.  :P
Melting in a giant, bacon-smelling inferno caused by trying to build a castle out of giant chunks of meat. Overall, not the worst way to go.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2017, 03:38:24 pm »

I remember when Toady released a new edition on April 1st and everyone thought it was a joke.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2017, 04:43:44 pm »

Yes, but come on. Two nuggets (one of which is just a few minor bug fixes) don't generally take an entire month to finish. :P

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2017, 04:46:17 pm »

Yes, but come on. Two nuggets (one of which is just a few minor bug fixes) don't generally take an entire month to finish. :P
Yes, but the other is an AI update. All sorts of stuff can go wrong there.

And I can imagine it'd be pretty tempting to fix 'just one more thing' after realizing just how completely dumb companion AI is right now...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:48:38 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2017, 04:47:46 pm »

I guess you have a point there. Still, I choose to remain optimistic about my previous estimate. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. :)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:20 am »

ETA, I'm going to hold out hope we get a nice christmas gift of a new version around that time.  If not, oh well, I still have my current fortress to attend to.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2017, 05:05:27 pm »

Curse you all for filling me with DF hype every time I wake up!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Max™
Yeah, remember my party trick of smacking someone into the air and cutting their head off?
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »

I have the feeling that we're probably gonna get the new edition of DF in the next few days or a week after that.

If you look at the update logs, they're all 7-9 days apart, some very occasionally 5-6 days apart. The last update was on the 8th. So we're talking 16/17th for an update and it should be complete then or the update after that.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:37 am »

Hmm.
Well, I'm going to optimistically predict Nov 22nd release, with an early devblog update on Nov 20th announcing completion of tree and undead skin bugs.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2017, 07:26:52 am »

Quote from: ToadyOne
That took a while

Welp there goes my estimate, bug difficulty might take a few hours, days or a week (really depends on the volume of bugs that are being taken on) yet we are ever guided closer.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:48:48 am by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:52 am »

[quote="ToadyOne]That took a while

Welp there goes my estimate, bug difficulty might take a few hours, days or a week (really depends on the volume of bugs that are being taken on) yet we are ever guided closer.
[/quote]
Plenty of bugs can be sorted out during the bug-fixing phase post-release too. For now it seems to be just teaching dorfs how to climb down trees and nerfing invincible undead skin (and weapon traps which was fixed quite a way back). Hopefully...

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2017, 09:04:50 am »

I hope the people who wanted those bugs fixed before release are proud of themselves. We could be playing a bug-riddled first release RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:23 am »

I just don't give a crap about bugs.
My mods! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165028.0
Abandoned Lab
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
SpaceStory
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the logs falling on you at the end.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:18 am »

I hope the people who wanted those bugs fixed before release are proud of themselves. We could be playing a bug-riddled first release RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

LMAO don't worry there will still be some  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11