Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How do you indicate to a girl you like her?  (Read 7268 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: How do you indicate to a girl you like her?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »

I once helped a nephew out, "look at the eyes, and not below," and all that.

So, the question(s) become why she'd want to hang around you and why she'd want to hang around you over someone else. The answer is in how awesome you are generally speaking. It's gravity, dude. So she's, generally speaking, going to want a guy who's fun to be around, decent, and that she gets something out of talking to, also handsome. Human beings are insane, but the question is similar to why she'd buy something (or anyone for that matter).

It's a social skills thing and a balancing act that society is woefully bad at teaching and the worst part is it has to be done while not looking like it's being done. Otherwise it looks like somebody is trying too hard. It's talking to people in general, except you're also hoping pheromones kick in here at some point as well.

The best way is to make yourself a fun person to be around that's not trying too hard. I know that might not help immediately, but think about the old saying how people find partners when they aren't looking.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 12:27:28 am »

It's amazing how different my life is from others.

I gotta say tho, the eye contact thing is super legit. I won't go into too much detail but it definitely matters.

Physical contact is also key.

Most of the time if you do number one then number 2 the girl will get an idea you are interested. From there the actual courting begins. Everything else I know only applies for me and I suggest you figure out the rest for yourself.

Good luck friends.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 10:37:47 am »

I'm terrible with eye contact with everyone so staring near there eyes or between them can help.

Anyway is just telling them what you actually admire about them, like perhaps the way they speak, or present themselves or the way they treat people or solve problems, not an option? I ask because I always thought that was a fair place to start. What about mentioning what mutual interests or convictions you have?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 02:18:33 am »

So, my advice is a lot less complicated, but.

Say to her that you like her and want to hang out.

Do so with your words, from your mouth, in person.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 11:04:52 pm »

Hmm, I wonder where th counterpart thread for this is....

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 03:43:44 am »

I'm still of the opinion that the best way is buying tiny heart shaped lights and flashing them whenever you are near her.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 03:00:50 pm »

I'm still of the opinion that the best way is buying tiny heart shaped lights and flashing them whenever you are near her.
Or mood tshirts
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

djsys

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 01:41:07 pm »

Teleport behind her and whisper "Nothin' personnel, m'lady."
hahaha

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 03:47:00 pm »

I think the thread is mature enough to warrant a proper response.

So, I'm sure everyone is familiar with the 'common knowledge', oft-advised by both teen and young adult magazines:

- 'in the dark of the night, when the moon is right, sneak upon her window and make noises not unlike a wounded animal'

But wait! Where a seasoned ladykiller can pull off this move without a sweat or without much strain to their vocal chords, an amateur can easily get lost in the poorly-specified nuances.
For one, when is the moon right? Or, what animal should you choose?

To clarify these vital points, we asked for sagely expertise of Richard '1lobeAnimu' Cox (all names changed for privacy reasons). Dick is a veteran of all things girls-related. He hasn't left his basement in ages, and he's quick to relate his extensive experiences:

Dick: the most important thing is the astrolabe. Without a well-oiled instrument, one cannot hope to properly ascertain the moon phases. Girls, you know, have this cycle where their lady parts go cray-cray every time the moon is 68.6 % full. You don't want to be there when it happens, believe me.
Like, seriously, believe me. The shame, the police... anyway.
You want to pop in earlier, about 24 to 44 % full moon, ideally. This is because before they go into their monthly bitchy phase, the girls have a 'I need a man' period. That's your target.
The astrolabe is absolutely essential for properly measuring the revolutions of the skies, so you better get a good one, pronto. People seriously thinking about getting laid generally tend to buy high-end equipment, in the range of 10-15 Australian dollars (PM me for vendor recommendations). Once you have the tools down pat, and the measurements taken, you can begin your animal transformation.
Choosing the right animal to impersonate while whining under your SO's window is almost as important as being there when she's got high hots for the manmeat.
The literature on the subject is full of case studies, where a hot stud dressed up as the wrong animal for his mating ritual, only to be punched in the face by the father and laughed on by the neighbours. Don't be one of those guys.
You wanna pick a manly, intelligent-looking animal, that lives in its own world and doesn't care about bullies or people telling it to go out more.
You want something like the Naked Mole Rat. Or the Echidna. Some hard-core playas take on the aspect of the Mantis Shrimp, but the sounds it makes are hard to pull off if you haven't practised extensively in your bathtub.
The NMR is especially great, since you can skimp on the outfit, and rely on your flabby skinfolds and protruding teeth to do the job for you.

With good timing and a not-too-shabby makover, you have 90% of the job done. The last bit is making the sounds so that they feel natural, and not just like an out of breath, obese man furiously masturbating. Admittedly, I haven't got that part figured out yet - which is why I still can't claim the sweet spoils of victory.
But remember, even if you just jerk off under her window while dressed as a eusocial rodent, you can still say you're getting more action than any of your pals.'
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:50:10 pm by Il Palazzo »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 04:12:46 pm »

Do not forget your empty box to collect your offerings.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 09:05:00 am »

Invite her to your birthday party and while all your bros are distracted with Mario Kart, get her into the corner of the couch and ask if you can kiss her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 09:48:00 am »

I don't think there's any countries left where a single kiss means you are legally married. Most places need at least three.
Love, scriver~

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2018, 10:02:58 pm »

It was still early in the party, let me tell you what.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 11:16:26 am »

But did she like your astrolabe?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 11:40:40 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 [2] 3