Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: Legends a Farming / Monster Raising JRPG (Kickstarter 24h left)  (Read 2691 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1723653856/re-legend-co-op-monster-raising-rpg/description

Sorry for posting this so late but I tend to think of my tastes as rather esoteric... so you only have 24 hours to decide.

---

Re:Legend is a monster raising focused RPG with features such as farming, fishing, crafting, village building, multiplayer and more on PC!

Washed ashore on Vokka Island without memories, you start a new life and find ways to recover your lost memories. However, you must first learn how to live on the island by cultivating the land, befriending villagers, expanding the village and raising your very own magical creatures known as Magnus.

Venture around the land of Ethia where Vokka island resides to reclaim your memories, but this is no easy task as the world is filled with dangerous Magnus and threatening challenges.

---

Taming and Raising Magnus 

Mythical creatures known as Magnus roam the land of Ethia, and every single one of them is tamable. They will aid you in many ways such as during combat, farming, fishing, traveling and more. They will also grow and evolve depending on your care, so each of them has unique evolution conditions. Once the Magnus has grown enough and you have gain their trust, you can mount them and use their abilities at will. These abilities will be helpful in your adventure in many ways so make sure to take good care of them! 

---

Multiplayer

You can enjoy the game alone, but why not share the fun with your friends and family? Carry out the activities together and share precious memories!
Gameplay wise, there are plenty of activities that you can experience with your friends. One example would be farming, where you can split the workload between the players and everyone could master a specific part of the job. Different Magnus are better at different jobs, so each of the player can choose a different Magnus suited for different parts of farming. If having Magnus do your chores seems too cruel, you can always do it the traditional way by farming manually. Having friends will speed up the progress significantly.

Most of the features in the game are built around multiplayer so you will able to enjoy your friend's company throughout the game.

We believe that games are meant to be played together so we’re focusing on multiplayer since the early stages. These are just some of the features that have been confirmed and there’s still plenty of room for improvement as we are still experimenting with different ideas. More will be added in the future. 

Number of Players: 1 - 4

---

Life Skills

Practice makes perfect! You gain life skills as you practice them frequently. They level-up passively as you carry out the activities so it is crucial to practice the skill that you want to master as much as you can. Example of life skills: Mining, Fishing, Logging, Cooking, Crafting, Farming, Weaponry and much more!

---

Ok that is enough copy and pasting (there is more on the kickstarter page).

The game has ALL its stretchgoals met.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends a Farming / Monster Raising JRPG (Kickstarter 24h left)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:24:01 am »

Looks kinda fun, but something tells me not to donate. (I probably wouldn't play it a lot)
I was about to, but nah.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Legends a Farming / Monster Raising JRPG (Kickstarter 24h left)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:24:12 am »

At first glance it looks kinda like Rune Factory with more focus on the monster taming thing and multiplayer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 07:39:16 am »

Looks kinda fun, but something tells me not to donate. (I probably wouldn't play it a lot)
I was about to, but nah.

That is fair, I am going on a serious limb and there is nothing to suggest it will be anything but a shallow experience.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 08:51:31 am »

From what I can tell after checking the Kickstarter page it will most probably lack the depth that would keep me playing.
But who knows.

They've met 8 times their goal, so I'm assuming it will be finished and I can just get it later if I feel like it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 09:30:03 am »

Yeah I cancelled my Kickstart...

They haven't really shown ANYTHING of substance...

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »

Yeah, I saw it weeks ago, and had Kickstarter remind me. As interesting as it sounds, they've shown basically nothing and the cost for a copy is outside what I'm comfortable tossing into the pot for a videogame kickstarter.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 02:13:51 pm »

What kind of made me distrust them was the immediate bait and switch with monster breeding.

Obviously they never explained what it was in order to make you believe it was one thing or another.

What is it? You can "Breed" (aka: have ONE monster give babies) in order to go up rarity for cosmetic differences.

This is so they don't make breeding necessary... But it is also a huge bait and switch.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 02:22:54 pm »

...Ya know, I didn't even know that. I was originally hesitant because it wasn't passing enough of my checks for videogames. Dev team isn't established, no proof of concept, broad goal, budget isn't large enough to support a project of this breadth, and the cost for the pledge with the game was beyond what I'm personally comfortable with.

...And now that I actually read more of the pitch, I'm really not sure. Their "Why Kickstarter" section is literally "we failed on our first try, only completing half the work, and our investors backed out, but we really didn't want to give up because people really, really like the concept." That's not reassuring.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 03:16:10 pm »

Looks like the best parts of Pokemon and Harvest Moon mashed together. And the trailer shows enough progress to convince me the project will be completed in a timely manner. I would absolutely invest, except...
It looks like the game is really designed to be played with a console controller, and there's no option to get a console copy by investing now. And I refuse to plug my console controller into my PC, even though it's sitting a few feet away and would take literally seconds to do...but it's the principle! I'll buy it on PS4 after it's released.