Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 18836 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!
« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2017, 02:20:44 am »

An uneventful tavern, to be sure, but she lacked the... persuasion, to extract much more useful information.

Top my crystal up, and buy a firestarter. Have a nose for anything that might offer darkvision.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!
« Reply #496 on: September 16, 2017, 08:36:36 pm »

((I will resolve all inventory changes before everyone leaves town. For now I am just making a note of all purchases.

Darkvision: You can buy a skill, or, if you would prefer, I can make a scroll that gives the effect. Of course, you can also hope I forget to apply penalties like the later half of last quest :P Most missions in the north will be above ground, so you won't have to worry about it much for a while.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:44:55 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 17, 2017, 10:11:18 am »

((Could I get a scroll for now.

Unrelatedly, how much xp would it be to upgrade my shadow blink to a move action? ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 17, 2017, 01:01:37 pm »

((Hmm... Without changing its cost or anything? Just swaping from an action to a replacement for a normal move (like Crystis' wings)? On one hand I want to say you need another skill for that, but on the other it is limited to shadowy places and it already costs energy... I'll tell you what, I think you need a new skill for that, but I'll allow it to cover all your special moves (aka, you will be able to phase through walls as a move too). So two EXP.

Unless you would rather have some spear skill? You currently roll 1 die for most attacks.

For reference:
Basic Scroll of Darkvision (5gp) Allows you to see in the dark for a short period of time, generally long enough for an average combat encounter, or 1-2 rooms of exploration.
Advanced Scroll of Darkvision (25gp) Allow you to see in the dark for one full day.
))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 17, 2017, 01:06:44 pm »

Skia buys 1 basic and 1 advanced scroll of darkvision

Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 23, 2017, 01:22:17 am »

Crystis ask around about good hunting spots
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:12 am »

A bit of asking around quickly reveals a simple truth. A good spot is easy to find, literally anywhere (far enough from the edge) is good enough for most of the more valuable beasts. The trick is not finding a beast, it is finding the beast before it finds you. It seems that the most valuable hides and such are from creatures that would be overjoyed to add a hunting party to their diet...

That said, you do get a few pointers as to about how far you can go into the jungle before the really nasty stuff starts to show up.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 25, 2017, 10:09:25 am »

((So, anyone have any preferences?))

Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crystis ask about what creatures make good hunting and what sells well

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Several of the old timers are happy to fill your ears with descriptions and profits. Some may even be true...

In particular, anything with a good fur sells well, jungle fur is often used for trimming robes and such. Scaliey hides are worth less, but are often much larger. Some armorers like the thick parts from particularly large creatures. When asked how large they roll their eys and tell you that if you are in danger of being stepped on without the creature noticing you, then you know it is big enough. Somehow it seems they are pulling your leg...

One of them finally pulls you aside. "Look sonny, the jungle is teaming with creatures. This is the heart of the north after all. There are too many to count, much less describe. A good rule of thumb, if it has an interesting hide, it is probably worth money. Same for horns or any other interesting feature. Teeth and claws are  pretty valuable sometimes too. Also, the deadlier it is, the more it is worth most times. And the farther from the edge you get the more dangerous it is."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Good to know”
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]