Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 23737 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2017, 07:20:58 am »

Can I play?

Name:WaterDancer
Appearance: A blue skinned humanoid nymph with fins on her limbs she wears a dress made of water lilies and has deep purple hair drawn back into braids with flower petals woven into her braid. Scales run along her spine and continue into a shark tail.

Skillsets:
Combat:Water,
Non-combat: Healing,
Nature: Mutation
Secret: PM

Abilities:Combat:Rapids a wave of water sweeps out and washes away victims (lessened damage but will affect an area and will knock over or distance enemies. Higher levels potential to drown?)
Non-combat: Healing soak: A relaxing bath that washes away injuries and revitalizes body and mind
Nature: Water living adjustment: a willing or unconscious being is changed to be more able to survives under the waves (Adding Scales, changing a tail, webbing feet, expanding lungs, adapting eyes to see underwater, ect) limited to changing things (No adding tails or limbs if target doesnt have one) and each cast changes one thing as well as higher levels required for more extensive changes (e.g. adding a gill system)

Please let me know if anything needs changing
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:46:43 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2017, 04:29:01 pm »

The healing soak ability would probably require some degree of setup in order to perform, which I can automatically factor in. I'm not sure how helpful water living adjustment would be, but the ability itself wouldn't cause problems.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 28, 2017, 12:49:54 am »

Nute moves NE to E and plants some weed spores.
Could you please just... stop wasting our mana on weed spores? You've planted several castings' worth already; why not just use/repurpose the ones that you already have?
Weed spores does not use up mana. I bought it for half price by using a lottery, and now it is one of my abilities, which I can use for, well, the opportunity cost of only having one power worth of abilities per turn. And, like, the stuff I already have is soil, and I am not so good at moving soil, at the moment. So after FOR SCIENCE!!ing that I can compost living weed-spore weeds I am planting a new batch on my farm for harvest later on. I mean, I should probably do the tree before my farm, especially on account of not having any crops to plant yet, but still. Of course, if I was to go to the tree to fertilise it first, then I would take the opportunity of being next to the tree to buy another random ability, because random abilities are exciting! Also because you totally reminded me of being able to buy random abilities...

But, in short, I do not believe that using wed spores consumes any of the tree's mana. And if it did, you could vote against it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 28, 2017, 08:28:11 pm »

Nute moves NE to E and plants some weed spores.
Could you please just... stop wasting our mana on weed spores? You've planted several castings' worth already; why not just use/repurpose the ones that you already have?
Weed spores does not use up mana. I bought it for half price by using a lottery, and now it is one of my abilities, which I can use for, well, the opportunity cost of only having one power worth of abilities per turn. And, like, the stuff I already have is soil, and I am not so good at moving soil, at the moment. So after FOR SCIENCE!!ing that I can compost living weed-spore weeds I am planting a new batch on my farm for harvest later on. I mean, I should probably do the tree before my farm, especially on account of not having any crops to plant yet, but still. Of course, if I was to go to the tree to fertilise it first, then I would take the opportunity of being next to the tree to buy another random ability, because random abilities are exciting! Also because you totally reminded me of being able to buy random abilities...

But, in short, I do not believe that using wed spores consumes any of the tree's mana. And if it did, you could vote against it.
Ah. In that case, it's fine, then.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2017, 02:55:00 pm »

Post your actions everyone. I'm really sick of sending out PM reminders about this.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 03, 2017, 09:47:34 pm »

Geos opposes Bob's waste of almost all our mana for undisclosed plans. And he still opposes Bob's use of mana if he discloses the plans, purely on principle. The principle of "You don't get to unanimously decide to waste a majority of our mana on selfish plans, especially not when there are zombies that may have possibly noticed and aggroed on the tree." He watches the elf zombie and fires an Empowered Geode Bomb at it if it attacks the tree, or any other zombie attacking the tree. If no zombies attack the tree, he goes SE and uses Terraforming to gather up stone, especially ones shiny or different from the kind by the tree, to bring back to the tree.
My plan will deal with the zombies, and it will do so much faster than just beating on them will. It took us a ton of turns and mana to deal with the Triankular, which had only 33 health; what makes you think that we can quickly dispose of the Elf Zombie, which (currently) has 43 health and might call in backup later?

Unfortunately, I can't disclose my plan until after I pick up my secret skillset.

"Unlock Secret Skillset: 8 mana - Reveals your secret skillset and enables the purchasing of spells for it. Mutually exclusive with certain future upgrade choices, and cannot be purchased if it is no longer a secret."

Plus, you Geode-Bombed my Triankular corpse. You owe me one for that.
Your Triankrular corpse? Bullshit. You don't get to claim a corpse when you didn't do anything significant to help kill it other than failing to jump at it and succeeding in scratching it with stubby T-Rex arms. You didn't even try to focus it's attention on you, or help out the other Dryads that could hurt it. You sat around and tried to claim the corpse of something that wasn't even dead yet. I owe you nothing.

There are plenty of ways to tell us what you plan to do without telling us what your Secret skillset is. You know, like not using the name of your skillset. What it is and what it can do are, or at least should be, distinct enough that Supernerd won't count it if you tell us what you plan to do without mentioning the name of the specific skillset. Of course, that depends on Supernerd.

And as for why I think the zombie will be easier to kill than the Triankular, it's not nearly impervious to our attacks. It may not feel pain, but its bones can be shattered and its limbs can be severed. And it can be burned if it comes to that, which I hope it doesn't because I don't know if the wall would act as much of a firebreak.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2017, 11:37:33 am »

There are still players who didn't post their action. I may need to start threatening to kick people from the game if this problem is not resolved soon because this is unacceptable.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 14, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »

This game isn't working out for me anymore, so I am officially declaring it to be dead. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to reduce the amount of delinquent players I get in future games? I'm thinking of requiring prospective players to provide examples of games where they had excellent attendance, but that might severely reduce the amount of people willing to play.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #398 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:15 pm »

This game isn't working out for me anymore, so I am officially declaring it to be dead. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to reduce the amount of delinquent players I get in future games? I'm thinking of requiring prospective players to provide examples of games where they had excellent attendance, but that might severely reduce the amount of people willing to play.
Reset it three times when players are trying to do their actions. *cough* Haspen! *cough*

I think that you have to get a feel for players, since there is no mmr system for roleplaying experience. Or maybe some people drop insider lingo. Make complicated ruleset that only a hardcore roleplayer understands or make them read a manual. I dunno! You could count how many pages of posts ppl have before accepting them. Or just automate inactives. It seemed like you were losing interest last month.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 14, 2017, 05:12:57 pm »

Well there is this thing. There are worse forms of intimidation than submitting someone's fictional child to the whims of Bay12...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124700.0;topicseen
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 14, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »

I actually looked at that delinquent player thread. It seemed like it was just some necro-posted thing though.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 14, 2017, 05:37:51 pm »

Well, since the game's dead anyway, I can finally reveal my secret affinity.

It was necromancy. I was planning to seize control of the undead using my necromantic powers and making them help us scout, do manual labor, etc.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 14, 2017, 05:38:59 pm »

Supernerd, were you satisfied with/by my posting frequency in this game?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 14, 2017, 05:43:03 pm »

Supernerd, were you satisfied with/by my posting frequency in this game?

You were mostly good, but there were a few spots where you missed getting your action in within 72 hours.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 14, 2017, 07:15:17 pm »

I actually looked at that delinquent player thread. It seemed like it was just some necro-posted thing though.
There is nothing wrong with necroposting...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]