Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: In The Dead Of Winter  (Read 30683 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: A Grand Beginning
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 12:56:56 am »

"I don't know about you guys, but my parents at least wouldn't let me leave the army unless I was missing some important bits. And gods forbid if I waited until they were dead to leave. They'd roll over in their graves so quickly they'd disinter themselves."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 07:01:52 am »

"Kristijan is right. My parents also retired with honors. I myself plan to serve, oh, a decade or so, and then perhaps go back to further my magical studies."

"There's nothing quite like field experience for broadening one's knowledge, wouldn't you agree? It will certainly add a new perspective to be doing rather than merely reading."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:05:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 01:27:32 pm »

"I would suppose so."
He leaves out the fact that he hasn't really had any field experience to know if that's true or not.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 02:05:25 pm »

"Far better than training and waiting, waiting and training."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 12:49:40 am »

It wasn't long before Cullen returned, standard issue weapons in tow. He briefed his new soldiers on their mission as he handed out their weapons and medicine.

"We're heading to Holshire to investigate rumors of a rebel hideout. While it may not be as glorious as directly meeting them on the field of battle, you should be thankful for the chance to root them out nonetheless. I know it is late; however, if we're to retain some element of surprise we must leave now. But worry not, we'll have transportation there at the very least."

The trip to Holshire was an uneventful one. There were no surprise rebel attacks nor were there stray bandits foolish enough to go after the Astrasian military. But the trip was but the calm before the coming storm. For what awaited the eager recruits and their veteran general at Holshire would speak of a much greater threat than some puny rebellion.

"I've spoken with the town's mayor. Wisely, he informed me that there have been mysterious cases of missing supplies and stolen weapons, along with other valuables. While they haven't managed to catch anyone in the act, he's received reports about a sudden increase in the comings and goings at one man's house. To the point where it raised his suspicions enough to call for us. His dwelling is just down the street, but remain on guard; he's sure to know we're here."

Find the rebels!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
EXP: 0
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:32:46 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:22 am »

Leon felt much more comfortable atop his mount, be it just riding the pegasus around town and listening to the soothing sounds of their hooves hitting the stone pavement or enjoying the wind as they flew through the air. He felt freer and more agile than he'd ever felt atop a wyvern, even when he kept at a lower altitude like now, so that he could hear and follow Cullen's orders.

"No angry rebels, no suspicious agglomerations of people, no action in sight. I will ask questions."

Move to 5, 15 and talk to Villager C, then Canto to 5, 14.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:00:10 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 02:04:55 am »

"I'll speak to that man over there."

Matthias to 3, 9.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 03:08:52 am »

The villager barely notices Leon before he and his pegasus are nearly on top of him, almost completely enamored with an emerald embedded bracelet. Upon seeing Leon he gave a quick salute after a startled yelp escaped him.

"A-ah! You must be the soldiers that were sent out to investigate the town. Lemme tell you, I sure do feel safer with you guys here! Maybe now I don't have to worry about someone stealing this before I muster up the courage to give it to my sweetheart..."

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:43:37 am by I_Like_Pi »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 03:13:24 am »

Leon incredulously stared at the bracelet, then at the villager, then at the bracelet again, then it was back to the villager.

"Your sweetheart, huh? Where did you purchase or obtain that?"
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 03:17:58 am »

"This? My pops gave it to me when I told him I got a sweetheart. I work as merchant, bad legs since I was born, so I haven't been living the best life. But when my pops gave me this bracelet he looked so... proud, y'know? I'd be devastated if something happened to it before I could give it to her."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:23:42 am by I_Like_Pi »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2017, 07:29:46 am »

9-10

Alana started to approach one of the other villagers, hoping to ask him for information.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2017, 08:47:15 am »

Did peasantry really even have the funds for something like that?

"And where's that sweetheart of yours?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:51:36 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2017, 11:32:11 am »

"She's the mayor's daughter. That's why I'm so hung up over when and how I give it to her. I want it to be special so it's more than just a gift to her."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2017, 12:22:20 pm »

The story sounded quite reasonable. Still, Leon had to make sure. Yes, he had to delve deeper.

"Do you know if your feelings are reciprocated or are you just risking it all on a charge?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:24:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2017, 12:41:01 pm »

"We've been seeing each other for a few months now... I sure hope she likes me back after all this time!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44