Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: In The Dead Of Winter  (Read 30569 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: In The Dead Of Winter
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »

[11, 7]
Black lives matter.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 15, 2019, 05:23:54 pm »

~~Map Clear!~~

With the undead soldiers and mysterious phantoms dealt with, the squad of Astrasians were finally able to do what they originally set out to do, investigate the border fortress; after tending to the old man's missing axe, of course. The two border patrol they saved were waiting at the fort by the time the whole squad had gathered. Dain and Elanore hung towards the back, not interested in speaking for them. The two men seemed to be on edge, especially the bulkier one of the pair; both looked to be trying to process what had just happened. After a few moments of silence they  tried to address those assembled before them.

"First of all... Thanks. If you hadn't shown up when you did we'd, well, we'd be like the rest of the patrol. Walking dead... or at least dead. Might not be a mage, but I've never seen magic like that before, and honestly, I don't want to see it again."

"...But anyway, what the hell are you lot doing out here? Not many Astrasians come out this far, especially not during the winter. Seemed too well armed to be travelers, at least."

"You idiot! I know we both saw the unreal earlier, but open your eyes. You can tell by their armor that they're soldiers, just like us. You must be the squad investigating the rebels, right? We'll offer any help the two of us can give you."

(Also Mydis gets a Pugi)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:27:10 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 15, 2019, 05:44:48 pm »

"Oh, I understand your sentiments, but I very much disagree. That magic is FASCINATING. I would like to hunt down that rogue and rip the secret of their spells right out of them. Can you imagine how demoralizing it would be to rebels to make them fight their own fallen? Interesting is the least word I would use for it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 15, 2019, 07:12:45 pm »

Kard was still agitated over the outcome of the fight, not having been able to slay the conjurer. "How about something to eat? If I can't tear that bastard's head from his shoulders, I'd at least like to tear into some bread."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2019, 01:46:52 pm »

The smaller one of the pair seems a bit put off by Leon's comments, but the other nods his head.

"Yeah, that'd probably stop them in their tracks for a bit."

"If you do find out how to do that though, kindly don't show us. Seen enough of that for a lifetime."

Both of them seem a bit relieved by Kard's more mundane request.

"We have plenty of food now that it's just the two of us. 'Course we can share some."

"When you go into town can you request some of the guards be placed here, if possible? We'll send for more soldiers from the capital, but until then we're going to need more than the two of us."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2019, 02:00:58 pm »

"Can do."

Matt turned to the others and raised a hand, palm up.

"We might as well come in from the cold for awhile. Doubtless these fine fellows would appreciate some company while we all eat and warm up, and we could always use some information about the surroundings. That and I do believe Kard is quickly becoming... what is the word people use nowadays... 'hangry'. Yes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 17, 2019, 12:05:12 am »

"No, I'm hungry because I'm angry. Hangry is when you're angry because you're hungry. I know the difference." Kard hurried into the fort after the pair of soldiers.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:48 am »

"You can describe Kard by rhyming anything with angry," Mydis said lightly as she patted the new axe strapped to her hip, her tone not betraying if she was joking or not. "Makes him easy to pick out of a crowd, so I don't complain..."

Too bad about all those dead soldiers. More for the rest of them.

She headed after Kard, softly humming as she went.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 23, 2019, 03:16:42 am »

Kristijan sighed a little, and put a hand to his back as he got up. He had, once again, been chewed up and spit out. That had been a recurring theme... but, oh well, he would simply have to continue on anyhow.
:"Well, what do we do about all of... you know... that? Do we tell somebody?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 23, 2019, 04:45:28 am »

"We'll tell our commanding officer when we report back, and it would be a good idea to warn any civilians we come across. Beyond that, there isn't much we can do."

"More's the pity, that."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: A Grand Beginning
« Reply #640 on: January 24, 2019, 10:05:31 pm »

"It's not exactly something that most people will believe. The dead are walking and phantom men are attacking us. No proof beyond our word. We'll be lucky if our officer doesn't call us crazy. But, we'll do what needs to be done anyways."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2019, 10:47:00 am »

”...I want to bury them first," Sverrand says, out of nowhere. ”The arisen soldiers, undead... whatever they're called."

"They deserve better than to rot in these woods after that bastard used them like puppets."

Black lives matter.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 25, 2019, 06:50:23 pm »

As the group begins to converse, the pair of surviving soldiers lead them inside the fort and through its winding hallways. The small tour is uneventful and the soldiers keep to themselves; all seems to be normal. However, there is no hiding the signs of battle along the walls. It looks fresh, as rubble still litters the hallway. The duo pay little attention to the state of the halls and make no move the explain; as if this is normal. Finally, they arrive at the mess hall and move off to the side, out of the way.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:00 pm »

"They ain't getting any deader." Kard immediately moved to put a plate together- breads, dry sausage, cheeses, anything he saw. "I'll help once I'm out of danger of starving to death."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 25, 2019, 06:59:31 pm »

It was a good point, and so he went along with the others instead of staying, but Sverrand didn’t have to like it.

”Fine.” He seems to grapple with something for a moment, before adding in a stilted tone, ”...and thank you.”

Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44