Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: In The Dead Of Winter  (Read 29864 times)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread. Do not PTW it either.

5. Table of Contents:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:13:51 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire Chapter 1: A Grand Beginning
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 06:44:15 pm »

~Prologue: A Grand Beginning~
Astrasia has once again seen an influx of eager recruits after the most recent rebellion foolishly announced itself. Youths, adults, nobles, peasants and everything in between are eager to prove their loyalty to their country and their Emperor. In a somewhat twisted way, life has come back to the country after a sufficiently long dry spell. However, as the length of a dry spell increases so too does the volume of water increase, sometimes becoming a raging blizzard that erases everything in its cover of white. Can a house whose boards are rotten stand up to the weight such a blizzard leaves in its wake even with the support of innumerable pillars?

~~~

Astrali IV's throne room was a thing of splendor, even when not compared to the modest conditions most of his subjects lived in. Above hung four grand chandeliers made of silver and adorned with uncountable candles. The floor was made from marble and a massive red carpet covered much of the floor. It made kneeling for an hour, maybe more, slightly more comfortable for what it was worth.

With the coming winter, the emergence of the rebellion has put the country into overdrive. And while the army's ranks have been greatly bolstered there is little the new recruits can do until they have proven their worth. One such group, under the supervision of General Cullen, have shown significant progress during their training. As such, and partially because of the general himself, the group has been allowed to officially join Astrasia's active military. Their initiation was coming to a close...

"Now rise and face Emperor Astrali IV!" There was a brief moment of silence as all in attendance stood from their kneel and gave their Emperor their undivided attention.

"Your orders are to crush the rebel resistance and root out their source. They are a festering wound on our country, on your honor, and on me. Leave no chance for them to escape and allow the wound to spread. You may take them now, General Cullen."

"By your leave, my Emperor."

Cullen lead his new recruits to the castle's armory.
"Wait here, soldiers. I'll return with your weapons after I finish getting our supplies in order. Be prepared to leave at a moment's notice."
//Kristijan Dragic, Hallbjorn Athaulfson, Matthias Jaegerschenck, Alana Fardoragh, and Leon Hessel are in!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 12:59:16 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Rotting Empire IC Chapter 1: A Grand Beginning
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 07:04:08 pm »

Hallbjorn for his part looked somewhere between bored and nervous. After all, he knew none of these people. Hell, he'd be helping them kill people soon. What kind of person does it take to do that with any measure of willingness?

... Right, someone like me. I'm going to be doing this with some measure of willingness. I should introduce myself.
Mentally steeling himself for whatever would come out of his comrades' mouth, Hallbjorn spoke.

"So... are you all excited?"
The priest mentally smacked himself for that beyond stupid opening line.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:09:15 pm »

Alana casually readjusted the hat that she had taken off during their meeting with the emperor. Glancing at the man who had just asked a question, she tsked and shook her head. Glancing around at the others, she mentally sighed.

He's either an idiot or a fool. Either way dangerous for this type of things.

"I am Alana Fardoragh. What are your names?"

Despite being one of the shortest people in the room, she had a presence that made clear she wanted answers and expected that she would get them with no issue.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 07:17:39 pm »

A brightly blonde man was one of the recruits, and he looked... well, there was no word for it other than starstruck.
:"Wow! The Emperor! I never thought that I'd get to see the Emperor in my life! Amazing."
:"Just... wow. Oh, my name is Kristijan Dragic. It's pleasant to meet you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »

The look from the woman made him wince. With visions of busting his head open on a wall helping steel his resolve to make a fool of himself again, Hallbjorn speaks.
"I am Hallbjorn Athaulfson ma'am."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:19:25 pm »

"I'm Leon-. Leon." The rider wasn't in the best of situations with his family and cut himself short before uttering its name. He also didn't want anyone who knew the Hessel family to wonder why he wasn't a muscular warrior riding on a wyvern.

Leon was average in height and a bit thin in build, that much was obvious even with the standard-issue armor on. He also glanced at Matthias and his extremely tall figure now and then.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 06:46:10 am »

Matthias smiled politely at Alana's question. He felt a little awkward at just how far some of the others had to look up at him, but that wasn't a new feeling; the other students in his old school had also been considerably shorter. Once the others were done, he bowed at the waist.

"Ah, miss Fardoragh, was it? I believe my father might have served under yours. Matthias Jaegerschenck. A pleasure to meet you all."

"What do you think of our General Cullen? He certainly has placed a lot of faith in us five."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 08:28:08 am »

"Ah, always a pleasure to meet someone who has heard of my father. I hope that your father is doing well."

Alana couldn't help but be slightly intimidated by the man, given he towered more than a foot over her. Still, it didn't matter. She was here because she'd proven her worth, and that was that.

"Indeed. It's an honor to have been advanced already. I respect the man. My father always spoke highly of him and I can see why. I just hope that we can all live up to his faith."

She glanced over at the first man who had talked when she said this. The glance wasn't obviously judgemental, but it was clear from her tone that she was thinking more of some than others when she said it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 08:36:40 am »

"Yes, Konrad is doing quite well last I heard, as is the inn our family runs. Thank you for asking."

Matthias noticed Leon giving him the old side-eye, but didn't comment on it. If the helmeted soldier had anything to say, he would probably say it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 12:15:36 pm »

Though Hallbjorn is a humble man, even he had pride in his abilities.
"Indeed Miss Fardoragh. It may be presumptuous of me to say, but you can rely on me to keep you healed up... within reason."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 02:45:11 pm »

Kristijan turned and grinned at Hallbjorn and Alana.
:"I'm absolutely positive that we'll live up to his expectations! After all, you don't get into an organization as mighty as the Astasian military if you're not up to the task! Working together, there's no way the rebels could stand up to us."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Well it seemed like their side had plenty of enthusiasm on their side if nothing else. Perhaps this would be an interesting group after all. Alana gave the blond man a once over and smiled at him.

"Indeed. We have been given a task that we will see through. No, Halbjorn is our healer it seems. A good thing to have in any squadron. If I had to guess from your look, Matthias are you a mage? What discipline of magic? And you two, Leon, Kristijan, what skills do you two bring to our party?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 02:52:14 pm »

"Correct, I'm an Anima mage."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:54:13 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 03:34:49 pm »

Kristijan replied with pep.
:"Ah, well, I'm a swordsman! I've got a little bit of sturdiness to me, too, or so I'd like to think."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44