Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First date advice  (Read 1965 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: First date advice
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:29 pm »

My suggestion is to text her back. Be honest that you were, in fact, looking to date and not just 'hang out'. Tell her you understand, but that if she would like to do a proper date with you sometime to let you know.

And, unless she does come back and want a proper date, I suggest you give up on it. You don't want to pressure her into dating before she is ready (that generally goes poorly) and it's not fair to expect someone still dealing with the emotions of a broken relationship to be ready for a new one anyway.

For now, you've asked her out and she's not in a place to really date yet. No harm done and hopefully the next time you ask a girl out it'll be easier.
^^
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 06:26:08 pm »

You should keep going for it if she is replying but don't be surprised if nothing comes out of it.

So don't invest too much.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 02:30:39 am »

Let it be known I agree with the let her go don't talk to her anymore walk away sentiment others here have shown.
But I'll dip into other stuff without much context so please bear with my bullshit.
She said the thing about being in a relationship and all that so you could glean that she was wanting that kind of thing from your date and that you have relationship potential.

But its often all crap. Anyone would start a new relationship after another if it was right.
Chalk it up for a loss and chin up.
Id date you on the fact you have a quilava avatar so be yourself.

Advice that never goes wrong: work out get muscle and focus on making yourself happy and confidence and people will be attracted to you.
××××××××××××××××××
Pages: 1 [2]