Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How can I get my dwarves to make out?  (Read 4358 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I get my dwarves to make out?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 02:02:02 pm »

Assigning them to a small burrow was not enough. They were constantly praying, even inside of the burrow. They were praying so much that they didn't have any time left to have sex!  ::) Even married couples, locked up in their rooms with nothing else to do, are spending years praying without getting intimate for a moment.

The only thing that helped was to break down all the churces (removing the areas).

Honestly I think this is a bug, isn't it? I'm playing version 0.43.05-r2

edit: yep, it is a known bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9147
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:35:11 pm by Quarque »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 03:27:23 pm »

It's probably a version of the same bug that causes dorfs to desert their burrows. I've seen them "pray" in the non temple burrows as well, although they tend to stop eventually: I've seen them socializing for a while as well. I might have a little less problem because I don't have dedicated temples, just a general one (dedicated temples screwed up visitors for me).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 04:29:32 pm »

Yeah, got to force them to meet for babies. Being even just half-hearted about it can still halve your babies easily.

I've had two dwarves marry in 3x3 tavern/burrow and have the female get pregnant by the time I zoom in, but I've also seen suggestions of requiring No Job for pregnancy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]