Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132262 times)

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #1005 on: November 27, 2018, 11:15:32 pm »

+ to max health as much as I can please

From there keep attacking the earth mage I guess.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10, 4 Days Remain)
« Reply #1006 on: December 12, 2018, 12:55:05 am »

Spring Night 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Spirit, -Searching/Divination.) 5 Turns Remain.
4 Days Remain. Spirit Mage at +4
Family stuff came up, so sorry for yet another delay. Please see update to Beirus for the changes.

New spell for Abjuration, +1 mana for earth magic.
Eat a bit, bond with Redwing some more, see if Canadia can do any new stuff with our bond, etc. Do some group fishing with the two of them. Think about the “Conjure Simple Monster” spell; can I mix it with Charm Monster to make the summoned monster already friendly to me?
4+2-1 Learn Banishment (5+ Mana, banishes monsters) You bond and fish with your friends. You believe that conjured monsters will already be friendly to whomever conjured them in the first place, so you learn the advanced magic for that.
-1 Cooked Sunfish, Hunger replenished. Bonded with Redwing, gain +1 to Hunting. Obtain Largemouth Bass x5. Fishing Rank 4: 10/30 EXP.
Conjuration Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Learn Spell: Conjure Advanced Monster (1 turn per 2 Mana)

Kite the mummy around the room until I get an opportunity to strike. hopefully winged cat will help a little?
2+1 You and your friend give the mummy the runaround until you can strike. It strikes back afterwards.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 1: 7/15 EXP. Fighting Mummy: 55/60 Health.

Minor leach life him, do my best to avoid the inevitable counterattack.
4+1 You cast your spell and regain some health whilst dodging the next swipe. Health Replenished, -1 Spirit. Fighting Young Blue Dragon: 60/70 Health.
Spirit Power Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Spirit or Learn New Spirit Power

Danea munches on her newly cooked mushrooms, while heading to explore those forest ruins.
3+2-1 You eat up and go towards the forest ruins. There's a lot of stuff covered in vines, so you would need to do a more thorough search.
+3 Hunger, mushrooms depleted. Searching Rank 2: 8/20 EXP.

Harvest berries and... coconuts(?) from by the house. Meditate more upon spell engravings and dimensionalism.
4 You harvest some stuff and learn of the five dimensions: Physical Dimension, Void Dimension, Spiritual Dimension, Celestial Dimension, and Hell Dimension.
-1 Hunger. Obtain Strawberry x3, Blackberry x3, Coconut x3. Foraging Rank 0: 3/10 EXP.

Have the black dragon skeleton continue fighting and try to move away from the monster. Focus and try to draw mana from within to cast a spell. Meditate and recharge until I have enough for Major Harm, and cast it on the wisp!
2+2 You back off, managing to cast a spell whilst the dragon attacks it. -1 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 3: 3/25 EXP. Fighting: Will-'o-wisp, 20/40 Health

+1 Max Health, please.
Keep attacking the earth mage while protecting everyone.
2+1 You deal some more damage to the boss, but it seems he's less phased this time around. He actively destroys more of the ground in another earthquake, making a few villagers fall into the cracks.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 3. Next Rank: 2/25 EXP. -5 Villagers.
Boss Fight: The Earth Mage, 65/100 Health, Weakened in Earth Powers.

+ to max health as much as I can please
From there keep attacking the earth mage I guess.
5+1 You keep attacking the Earth Mage with the remaining villagers, but not without getting hurt by the earthquake.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 3: 5/25 EXP.
Boss Fight: The Earth Mage, 50/100 Health, Weakened in Earth Powers.

+1 Max Mana
Finally, it is time. They will see my power. Use Controlled Power again, then go attack the Earth Mage, using all my mana and Spirit for a void-empowered slash that will hopefully siphon a good chunk his divinity into me or Beary Bob or my sword, if not kill him outright. I think it would be neat for Beary Bob to get some Earth Magic abilities or traits, or maybe make my sword an artifact-level item with Earth/Nature abilities. I missed my opportunity to do that with the scarab and the Spectre, I'm not missing this one. Maybe Beary Bob can eventually get more powerful too. I'll raise my own ursine Dragon-equivalent. I'm hoping void is super effective against God mage types. Also, I'm hoping the extra spirit power will help to keep the void from harming anything other than the mage.

6+5-1 You beckon the void and it is eager to obey. Channeling everything you have and raising your sword to the sky, more of it cracks open as a fountain of darkness pours into your blade and over your skin. You deliver a god-like strike to the Earth Mage and he instantly dies, just as planned... cracks of black split him open and consume his body, leaving only the cloak remaining.
Then, pain shocks through your entire system, and you look down at yourself. The same black marks run over your skin, splitting it apart. The void consumes all... and though you fed it with blood, it was still hungry. It is always hungry.
You are dead. Days remaining drops by 1. The Earth Mage is dead. The Great Dragon rises by +1 Permanent power, the other Mages rise by +.5 Permanent Power.
You will be remembered by the village. Beary Bob will keep the memory of his master in his mind forever. (Which means you can come back as the bear if you want.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10, 4 Days Remain, Spirit Mage at +4)
« Reply #1007 on: December 12, 2018, 12:56:39 am »

+1 max health please.

Continue moderate harming the dragon, try and aim for its eyes. See if I can blind it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 12, 2018, 01:00:00 am »

Danea rubs her hands together eagerly. Searching? Why, that's pretty much one of the only two things she's done so far upon arriving here, and she doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon.

With that in mind, she searches the forest ruins.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 12, 2018, 01:02:05 am »

:|

Fucking 10s.

Whelp let’s contact the god council again. Let’s see if I can get an explanation on what just happened.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 12, 2018, 01:29:05 am »

An announcement since it's come up: Sorry for not specifying the maths before. When it came to Beirus, though there was a -1 to overshoot, he had a +1 to next roll, a +2 to Combat (from him and familiar), +1 by using Spirit and +1 from the Void itself. Glass also would have had a total of 6, so the Overshoot armor went into effect again.
From now on I'll specify in the roll how / where the numbers come from. Thank you for the feedback, as I always strive to improve.
Also since 11 is apparently possible, I added a new rule.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:33:32 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 12, 2018, 03:53:31 pm »

Recover Mana. Read all my scrolls if possible. Need Divination scrolls.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 12, 2018, 05:06:18 pm »

PTW

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:56 pm »

Refresh my mana. Tinker with the void amethyst, and set up a ritual circle such that the power absorbed by the amethyst will be redirected towards closing the rifts.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 13, 2018, 10:46:10 am »

use 3 mana to cast magic fang, then tackle the mummy’s head and start clawing it’s face off.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 17, 2018, 12:10:39 am »

Rescue the villagers up out of the cracks.

Eat something.

Rally the people.

Rest

"They! Will. Not. Break us! We! Will. Win and Live!"

No mana.... Tired. Boss fight over. Need rest. Considering more armed resistance if needed, continued consideration of either fixing sky problems, or evacing civilians, somehow.
Currently don't know how to travel interdenominationally. Not sure if anyone is researching that, or if there is prior infrastructure we can use some way. Somehow.

Glad the Great Dragon and I are doing better here. Glad to see DM is back.

Helping out Great Dragon and Dragoncrown.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 17, 2018, 09:48:58 pm »

I guess I'll try to help the other players and maybe try to learn some magic while I'm at it? (I was thinking fire magic but especially if everyone else knows things and is willing to teach me that might be nice too?)

I dunno. It's a first post.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 17, 2018, 10:11:45 pm »

Yeah, I get people out of the cracks too and thank Ethan the healer. Sounds like a decent time to rest, cause I'm spent too.

Great big woo hoo that the earth mage is dead though.
That guy was a jerk. I'd help out the new guy but I only know healing magic.
Sort of a paladin thing going on. Of course I go for the people in the cracks. It's all heroic and stuff.
I'm sorry. I'm just tired IRL.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:15:38 pm by femmelf »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #1018 on: December 21, 2018, 07:32:53 pm »

Pray to the goddess Sepa for the strenght to end this fight quickly. Command my undead dragon minion to attempt to grab or immobilize the Wisp from behind, and to create an opportunity for me to strike the Wisp for heavy damage. If it fails, just attack normaly with my sword.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 21, 2018, 08:00:04 pm »

((Can Billy Bob have a posthumous statue? Please? I would do it myself, but I'm a bear now who lacks the requisite skills.))

Be the bear.

Try to absorb any leftover energy to evolve somehow. AMD if there is no energy left over, try to expand my Spirit pool.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72