Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 130918 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10, 4 Days Remain, Spirit Mage at +4.5)
« Reply #1035 on: January 21, 2019, 08:25:50 pm »

Try fishing up and sacrificing (cooking) more large marine animals! If any struggle too much, I can use Water to Ice on the water around them!
And on their bodily fluids, potentially. And the water in their gills!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:29:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 21, 2019, 09:40:35 pm »

Mine for more amethysts. Like, a lot of amethysts.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 22, 2019, 06:39:25 pm »

Kill the mummy! show that undead nuisance why the egyptians loved their cats so much!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 27, 2019, 08:11:46 pm »

Fulfill promises with plant based miracles, for starters.
-Create several gardens producing food bearing plants, strawberries, blackberries available for everyone in the village to eat.
-Honestly promise more in the future, growing food, clothing material, possibly medicine.
-Eat some of the food myself, making it available for everyone.
Rally faith: for myself and the great dragon.   
-Talk to willing PCs in Dragoncrown, our two dragon friends and the Great Dragon, ask them what they think is the best course of action with the Great Dragon.

(I might think about making the people plant based (tree) homes, unsure, still have lots of earth powers/success with that. There might even be other humans who want in on our free food village).

To the People: Rally faith.
"We have killed a god. And, if any ask,
"How do I believe when this sky hangs over me?
We have killed a god....
Be everything you never thought you would see.
Hunger, cold, sickness, forget it, forget it, forget it.
We will fix the sky and find some way.
We have done this; we will do more.
We will survive and thrive."

Well, I'll be better for everyone than earth mage ... wasn't. He didn't do anything good or much of anything, so that part won't be hard. Same plan. Feed, heal and shelter everyone, diplomacy support and win. I might ask a couple of other players to do some things if that's ok with them. Totally voluntary. Really, more of a progress meeting and making sure what's happening, so I can try to incorporate stuff into my plan, assuming its not too late for whatever reason. I know some are doing other things, and that's their choice. I figure we're getting dragoncrown and any other people, who want in on this as faith, econ, etc, engine. Plus, we're really helping them, quite a lot.

To recap my plan: Feed, heal and shelter everyone (Dragoncrown Village and pretty much whoever else), diplomacy support. Builds faith.

Question/throwing things out there, just because it's been a bit, and as I understand it/my plan:

1.) How is our plan for fixing the sky coming along?
-Somebody was doing that and trying to store mana along with dimensionalism. (Johiah?)

2.) What is our contingency to evac the civies in case that fails?
-Is there a school of magic or a spell that covers teleportation/planar travel/evac?
-Can there be another place created for them or traveled to outside the disaster zone?

3.) What about turning the mages against one another?
-After all spirit mage said it herself
1+2 She likes you, but nonetheless seems a bit hesitant to reply. Eventually, she speaks thus.
The other mages... they once were my friends. Now we simply work towards a common goal... to try to gain more power. So we hatched a plan and dug into ancient dark magics to tear the Dragon God asunder. But of course, ones so thirsty for power as us would most likely turn on each other eventually... I can trust them no longer.
This may be a good idea to at least delay things. As I asked before, what happens to all the other mages when / if she wins?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:43:14 pm by Transcendant »

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 27, 2019, 08:30:56 pm »

(OOC: I don't know. I'm just playing a paladin who can fight and heal. Sounds like the mages are already turning on each other. Didn't air mage tell the cat (Dustin) to kill a mummy? I'm not even sure who my god is in this game. We've got the Great Dragon, who seems pretty OK, I guess. Then there's the lady who wants to turn this into an episode of the walking dead, and no thanks. That just sounds cliche. The other mages are all also weirdly trying to destroy the world. I'm not seeing a whole lot of good alignment here, except Wren. At least he's feeding people and taught me healing magic and sparred for combat. Plus we did fun stuff together and won. I might as well Worship the Great Dragon and Wren too now that he's a god).

Worship Wren (Most, he is right here) and the Great Dragon (A bit).
Defend Village, cause I'm a paladin.
Practice Combat, teaching any villagers who want to learn, very gently not to hurt anybody.

Honestly, I'm a little scared with the whole sky and undead situation. Only thing I've seen really work is the whole worship thing and fighting with lots of people, so might as well work on that. I don't know how to fix the sky stuff. I'm just a paladin. You need a mage or something. How are we dealing with that anyhow?

I forget. Is dragoncrown village the only humans in this game? I'm sorry. I came later than some people.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:37:57 pm by femmelf »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 27, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »

If people would be willing to help me further depower the water mage we could kill him too.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 27, 2019, 08:50:18 pm »

(OOC: Unsure of my practical mobility. If I want to rally faith/defend I might want to stay here, but support can be given. That is not impossible. Arrangements possible

Fem: I'm flattered. Thanks. I'll do my best to live up to it).

Also, good on Dustan for taking spirit mage back a bit, killing that mummy. If I'm building faith, he's curtailing hers a bit. We might possibly live.

Glass: Where are you? With who? Is it safe where you are (monsters or other people)? What do you need? Can you do what you are doing where I am or is it a static location ("by water").
-If he won't wake up and turn for his own sake, we may have no choice with water mage anymore than we had with earth mage. He needs to wake up and realize it's life or death, or undeath.... Honestly, I'd be ok with the remains of the other mages allying with us if they'd help us stop the freaking apocalypse. I don't get what they're on about. Their "power" plan isn't working for them, except maybe spirit mage assuming she survives everything else going downhill, but water mage is at -1. Air mage is 0 on my level, and fire mage is at 0.5. Air mage is clearly losing at -1, and water mage isn't doing too great, fire's better but not by much. At what point do these guys realize their original plan isn't panning out for them? )
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:59:40 pm by Transcendant »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 27, 2019, 08:59:50 pm »

If I recall correctly, I’m at the same place I’ve always been: right where we all started.

At least, I don’t think I moved to the village at any point.

Also as both the Spirit Mage and the Great Dragon like me and are at high positive power I’m really not concerned about the other mages.
And the water mage just plain doesn’t like me because I’ve been fishin up all his precious water monsters.

EDIT: Anyone particularly concerned about the Spirit Mage should reread my section of the turn before this last one.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:14:13 pm by Glass »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 27, 2019, 09:10:02 pm »

Wait we get to pick gods? Ok I'll jump on the bandwagon and worship Wren and the Great Dragon too. Especially if he can teach magic.

I plan to study some more magic, probably fire magic unless there's some better option.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 27, 2019, 09:52:51 pm »

Beary Bob understands the concept of trade. He offers to hunt something for the Great Dragon if it gives him the power to fix the the tears like Billy Bob had planned to.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:00 am »

(OOC:

Glass: Yeah, I saw it, but frankly, I'm always going to be worried about somebody who:

a.) owns souls, and
b.) actively tried to have me killed before when I did nothing to her.

Nobody can legitimately blame me for not trusting in that circumstance.
Yeah, call me crazy but attempted murder just doesn't make friends like a fruit basket. Plus, she's seemingly close to winning or whatever.

Ideas on taking down mages?

RPL: Awesome, thank you. Again, I will try to live up to it. Sure, I can probably teach you some magic I guess just like Fem. I don't know much fire magic though, my thing is earth and healing. In any event, you won't need food or shelter around me, and I'm sure we can work something out.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:00:12 am by Transcendant »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 4 Days Remain, Spirit Mage at +4.5)
« Reply #1046 on: February 25, 2019, 12:49:42 am »

Spring Night 5: Clear Night (+Spirit, -Searching) 2 Turns Remain.
4 Days Remain. Spirit Mage at +4.5
It's been a month. The reason for my absence is that I've been planning a big trip for the first time in my life. Sorry for the delay. Hope most of you are still with me.
Pretty sure Glass is at the village. I was told to auto Nix. TricMagic hasn't responded in a while. The other mages will all die should the Spirit Mage rule as Goddess.

Danea returns to searching the ruins, now hoping to find food.
5 +1 (Searching) -1 (Weather Effect: -Searching). Total: 5 You go searching and find a grove full of edible mushrooms.
Searching Rank 2: 15/20 EXP. Obtain Brown Mushroom x10

Try fishing up and sacrificing (cooking) more large marine animals! If any struggle too much, I can use Water to Ice on the water around them!
And on their bodily fluids, potentially. And the water in their gills!

3 +1 (Fishing) +1 (Cooking). Total: 5 You catch and cook a whale. You even freeze it for good measure. You can tell that the Water Mage is becoming quite dissatisfied with you, for more than one reason.
Fishing Rank 4: 20/30 EXP. Cooking Rank 3: 5/25 EXP. Water Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Water Magic
Obtain Cooked Whale Meat x5. The Water Mage: Hated.
-0.5 Power to The Water Mage

Mine for more amethysts. Like, a lot of amethysts.
4 +1 (Mining). Total: 5 You get those amethysts. Obtain Amethyst x10. Mining Rank 1: 12/15 EXP.

Kill the mummy! show that undead nuisance why the egyptians loved their cats so much!
2 +1 (Combat Buff). Total: 3 You continue to hurt the mummy. It swings back.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting Mummy: 30/60 Health. Combat Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger.

Fulfill promises with plant based miracles, for starters.
-Create several gardens producing food bearing plants, strawberries, blackberries available for everyone in the village to eat.
-Honestly promise more in the future, growing food, clothing material, possibly medicine.
-Eat some of the food myself, making it available for everyone.
Rally faith: for myself and the great dragon.   
-Talk to willing PCs in Dragoncrown, our two dragon friends and the Great Dragon, ask them what they think is the best course of action with the Great Dragon.

1 +1 (Plant God) +1 (Foraging) +1 (Diplomacy) +1 to Plant Manipulation Spells (Green Diamond). Total: 5
You do all the things. People are rallying faith in you and the Great Dragon. Your dragon friends and the deity say you're doing a great job, and to keep at it.
Miracle performed. Hunger filled. Gain +0.5 Power as a God. Random Boon: Double EXP for Earth Magic.
Earth Magic Rank 5: 32/40 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 2: 7/20 EXP. Foraging Rank 3: 23/25 EXP.
The Great Dragon gains +0.5 Power.

Worship Wren (Most, he is right here) and the Great Dragon (A bit).
Defend Village, cause I'm a paladin.
Practice Combat, teaching any villagers who want to learn, very gently not to hurt anybody.

4 +1 (Combat). Total: 5 You give your friend some more help, recruiting soldiers for his cause.
Combat Rank 3: 10/25 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 2: 10/20 EXP. 10 people become Fighters. Wren Solvec gains +0.5 Power.

Wait we get to pick gods? Ok I'll jump on the bandwagon and worship Wren and the Great Dragon too. Especially if he can teach magic.
I plan to study some more magic, probably fire magic unless there's some better option.
I'll just assume this is your action.
3 You've heard about these new and upcoming deities and start worshiping them too. You're not sure how much that helped, but you practice some fire magic anyways.
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Fire Magic Rank 0: 7/10 EXP.

Beary Bob understands the concept of trade. He offers to hunt something for the Great Dragon if it gives him the power to fix the the tears like Billy Bob had planned to.
5 Your offer is accepted. The next time you hunt something, the Great Dragon will gain Power. In exchange, you'll get void magic. Added Quest.

Use my sword, stab out its eye. Blind the dragon!
3 (Combat boost currently negated) Nix continues to fight the dragon, and it continues to fight back.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 3: 12/25 EXP. Fighting Young Blue Dragon: 35/70 Health, half blind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:50:41 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 25, 2019, 01:26:27 am »

((I'm back :D ))

Minor leech life this sumbitch, dig my fist into its bleeding eye socket.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 25, 2019, 01:36:00 am »

Danea noms food until full, then returns to exploring the ruins, not searching for anything in particular.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 25, 2019, 07:51:30 am »

swiftly! slay the mummy! i’m getting too hungry for this!
+1 health please!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72