Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132270 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 4 Days Remain, Spirit Mage at +4.5)
« Reply #1050 on: February 25, 2019, 09:02:55 am »

First off, new water magic please.

Second, see if I can gain some of the water mage’s power by consuming the meat of the whale and octopus.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 25, 2019, 05:43:16 pm »

I had a new idea and there is no way it can go wrong.
Arrange the amethysts in concentric rings at the cardinal points and halfway in between. Stabilize them so that, once activated, they will not break. Prepare to have said amethysts begin absorbing magic and redirecting it towards the center of the concentric rings.
Once this is done, step in the middle, and turn it on.

UPDATED MOVE:
Arrange the amethysts in concentric rings at the cardinal points and halfway in between. Stabilize them so that, once activated, they will not break. Prepare to have said amethysts begin absorbing void magic, which will be poured into the engraved spell circle beneath and feed back into the rift in the sky, weakening it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:39:33 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 25, 2019, 10:29:51 pm »

As my soul belongs to her, I won't go to the afterlife if it exists. But If my sacrifice would allow Sepa to fullfil her goals, then I must do it for her. My soul, will and heart already belong to her, so giving her my life would make little difference. Isn't this what she wants, after all? I don't want anything else but to have her wish to become the goddess granted.

Ask Sepa to guide me to her altar so I can sacrifice myself to her. Tell her to not worry, as my lifeforce and soul will forever belong to her even after I die. A frail and fleeting human life is a very small price if it's for her.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 26, 2019, 01:33:24 am »

Beary Bob goes to find something to kill. Preferably something to weaken the Spirit Mage. He knew how his master disliked her.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 04, 2019, 12:58:24 am »

Now that multiple gardens solve Dragoncrown's hunger problems for everyone:
1.) Ask about any other humans nearby and if they would like to join us.
*We can expand things, care for more population/faith, marshal more resources, and talents.
2.) Thank Jerra (Femmelf), who is now a commander.
*Speak to Jerra, encourage all.
3.) Tactical scholar: Joran (RPL). Appreciation; application.
*Continue fire magic study (he wants to), and research a school of magic with anything that can help us teleport/planeshift
*Fallback evac plan. He's meditating on magic, fire is fine, some escape and evasion helps? (It's a shot).
4.) More Dragon appreciation and consultation
5.) More buildings: Shelter/community space with some faith overtones.
*Fed populous, happier populous, safer populous, etc.
*More promises kept, more usefulness, more faith rallied, etc.

I.) We can't be the only humans in the world, and everyone has to have noticed the damn sky cracked....  Either this village has always existed in isolation, forever, or something else is out there. Those people could theoretically join us. They would have every reason to do so, and absolutely no reason not to join. Worship the Great Dragon and me and you get food, shelter, protection, and the only real defense against pretty much Armageddon. There ... are other people out there right?

II.) I appreciate Jerra (Femmelf) quite a bit, as she's gotten my power up quite a bit, and is helping quite a bit recruiting villagers as active combatants should the need arise. Even worse case scenario, some ability to defend yourself is better than nothing, for every individual and collectively. It also helps with the faith thing as she's said she is a paladin and it appears we're starting an order of paladins she's going to be commanding. As a suggestion, recommend we focus on defensive fighting formations, shield walls, cover, and being smart about combat. We clearly are going for quality over quantity, and we obviously don't want anything happening to anybody if at all possible. Naturally, we need everyone to function adaptively, but still helpful to be cautious. Living through the battle is winning it. Perhaps a more balanced force? Thoughts? In any event, please keep on keeping the faith up and becoming more and more the paladin you wanted to be. Regardless, we are life protecting life, the barbs bloodying destroyers. We are. She is one of my most accomplished and first followers. They are to follow me, follow the light, in its absence follow her.

III.) Joran (RPL) seems interested in magical research, evidently fire based, but open to other alternatives. I'm hoping he's the tactical research for some kind of school of magic that might provide a backup plan. With fire magic, I'm guessing he's going pyromage aka weapon's platform. No objections. Consider if there is also another school. Example, I did earth and healing. I'm not sure what other school might work as a transportation one, but ... It's a thought. Teleportation/plane shifting seems to be possible, or at least the earth mage teleported that we saw. Also consider learning to fight at some point. You have a sword. No rule says you can't know how to use it and at some point, if you run out of mana, you'll need something. Sounds like your basic plan is artillery, utility, and livability?

IV.) It is wonderful to have the approval of the Great Dragon and our dragon friends. Asking if there is any other intel we can use against spirit mage's usurpation in some fashion. Also ask how the Great Dragon it is doing, certainly better than before in any case. Most of the mages are in the negatives, so it's got to be doing better. Although, never really understood the system. There have to be targets or goals or something we can meet. Looks like I have 3/10 players, and glass (not quite 4/10 but yeah) seems open to the idea of cooperation, although we're still not sure on the details. Progress all the same though. Ultimately, best shot appears to be great dragon and I increasing power and vice versa for Spirit mage. She's killed or killing all her friends and lovers....

V.) Naturally, gardens that make useful plants like food are my thing, and this will have those like everything else. So between plant/earth powers, creating buildings (wood/stone/mud to rock, etc), shouldn't be too far out of the realm of things for miracles, etc. That and the fact that the population no longer has to worry about food, which is huge.... So anyhow, a building designed with a large central multipurpose hall sounds workable. It can be expanded with wings later for different purposes. For now it is shelter for the shelterless. Later, those add ons might be wings of rooms for residence, living in a temple in dragoncrown village for the great dragon and also me. People who aren't starving and have all their needs met are remarkably able to focus on other things like faith, labor and leisure (legitimately, leisure later, now is kind of an emergency, although I'm betting they feel much better). Making the main hall as large as possible. Later if need be, wings of rooms for people to live in solves any shelter concerns.

Generally, we either have to get upon this quickly or knock spirit mage down enough to avoid her winning and killing us all. Been saying this forever. Again, not sure how exactly the rules work, but even if somehow ... one follower who's already sold his soul to you long ago makes the journey to your altar ... somehow gives you .5 a point, eh.... Not great for the rest of us, or him for that matter. There also have to be undead out there to kill off. Honestly, I'm really amazed that mummy is still alive when Tab E Cat (Dustan Hache) has been dealing with it so long, even if it is already/over half dead/undead? Good job on Dustan Hache's part. Do we need a good old fashioned player undead hunt, or do we already have one? I appreciate those players who have worshiped me. I am, again very grateful, and will use it well. Thank you. Honestly these people would have worshiped Earth mage had he not been a great big jerk about everything. I mean, food, shelter, protection. Wow. These people aren't being unreasonable here. I can do the whole "be a god thing," because I'm not the jerk earth mage was.

TL;DR: Any other humans out there? Jerra rocks, is now commander. Joran is starting to ... fire (he knows fire magic) ... and be scholarly mage. Dragons are great. Build more building for dragoncrown's people and faith in me and the Great Dragon.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 04, 2019, 01:19:30 am »

(OOC: Yes thank you DM. I forgot to bold stuff. I hate my phone for that. Have not bern sleeping great. That's why I am up now).

Study and learn more fire magic and however we can deal with the "fallback evac" thing for reasearch.

Sure. Actually that sounds pretty awsome. I mean, pyromancy and teleporting and plane shifting and stuff sound good to me. I was kind of worried about being stuck in one role like MTG's resident planeswalker chandra, but she's been adapting a little lately too. Yeah, I'm all for that if it helps and is fun. I might learn how to fight later but for now, it is kind of a magic thing. So is your fallback plan teleporting everybody to another place if stuff just falls through or ?

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 04, 2019, 12:17:36 pm »

(ooc: Not picky here on form. Basically anything you can come up with to somehow save the population in the event of everything going south would work. If you can planeshift us all out somehow, someway, to somewhere safe, great. If you can open a portal, great. If you can find some means of travel to a place under a sky thst is not cracked.... I do not know how that would work. The plan has been survive where we are (If that means winning to keep everyone alive, then ok), or if the local area / world ends, (or otherwise becomes intolerable) evacuation. It is a backstop insurance policy. We have to have a plan B of some type.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 04, 2019, 03:26:40 pm »

(ooc: Yeah, that kinda makes sense, I guess. If we're screwed I guess better to not be screwed as much or deal with it as much as we can. Helpful works and I did get here late. I mean I would rather be able to roast something than stab it cause who else can. More magic is good anyhow. You're an easy god to worship not even wanting souls and all).

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 04, 2019, 05:37:39 pm »

Just a heads up that I edited my move to be more pro save everyone. I originally switched because I figured I wouldn't have time to actually save anything, but I'm switching back now.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 04, 2019, 06:03:18 pm »

(ooc: Awesome. Much appreciated. Thank you. Frankly, I was always hoping you might find some way to fix / delay the sky breaking completely).

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 04, 2019, 08:41:41 pm »

Yaaay, recognition from God!

Focus on building more combat skill with my 10 existing fighters and also free lessons on self defense to the people. If they want.

We're building up the church of Wren complete with order of Paladins I command.
or yeah.

I am unsure about the exact best way to do unit combat and stuff. Sure the stuff you said sounds good. I'm all about being the paladin, and starting a religious martial order sounds just about right. Honestly fighting in formation doesn't sound like a bad thing with shield walls and stuff sometimes if it will work. We are also the good guys TM. More paladins. Hey, you think we should teach them to heal too like just go for the full order of paladins? I don't even know that we could or that it would be something we could do right away, but maybe. I don't know exactly cause I am rushing around after work but sounds good.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 04, 2019, 08:55:04 pm »

((I'm trying to slow it down but I kept running into bad rolls, we'll see how this turn goes for me. With this many amethysts if I roll well it should do good. From there I can focus on expanding my skill at engraving spells and I can start using void magic/other magic for other helpful purposes. Any suggestions on potentially helpful things that would need a constant mana supply?))

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 04, 2019, 10:16:26 pm »

(OOC: You know there are tons of uses for constant mana supplies. You're basically asking if there's a use for free energy, or if nothing else battery power, at least. If only to regain mana faster and by definition power spells.  I don't know how that would work in practice but the idea is clearly applicable assuming it would work. I don't know if it will fit, etc. That stated, yeah, gathering resources is never really a bad thing, if nothing else.  Then of course there are other possible applications, depending again how they fit. Possibly powering larger spells by means of having mana to cast them in the first place? Labor saving machines, mana batteries, etc, assuming DM allows. I don't think it's necessary for your golems, or at least it hasn't seemed to be so far. The healing aspect applications alone are nice. Then again, I tend to focus on sustainable (defense, building, healing, societal, etc) points. The transit and resource gathering (physical aspects) alone is an interesting point, which could theoretically be applied to land/sea assuming we have any time, later. I think you realize there are tons of potential applications.

At this present time, I am glad to hear you are basically trying for the other research engineering mage position of fixing the sky, or at least slowing it down. I was wondering how that was going, etc. Hopefully we won't have to evac (assuming we even can) if the disaster(s) can be averted. Anything that can fix the sky is something I'm not against. Still uncertain what "void magic" is anyhow, but if it puts this place back together then great. I just don't know enough about it to comment on applications. However we end up saving people....

Ultimately, if we can't flee and the sky pretty much literally falls, we're screwed, so this is ... kind of important. If we don't repair or evade it, it will eventually kill us all.

Seemingly research engineering mage position for you, between the golems and the transmutation. Or at least that was always my interpretation of the direction you went between the transmutation and golems, etc. It seems to fit. There are tons of ways you can take research engineer mage. I think the term might be Artificer, at some point. If you'd like I can suggest tons of ideas of individual applications. The transit, resource production, and manufacturing alone.... Equipping mass armor, weapons, anything really.... Set path golems that go from point A to B and back again on schedules to reduce travel time and allow trade. It's honestly hard to nail down there's so much.

Similarly, Jerra is going martial route with paladin healing and troops. Joran is doing the whole pyromancer/evac secondary plan thing. Glass has always been about fishing (with some enchantment it seems) and appears to be taking a striker role having gone after water mage, a la killing the whale. Similarly, it appears Tab E Cat has decided to go on an undead hunt, and again good job with that. Can never have enough undead hunting.

Speaking of Jerra, I have no objection to teaching troops to heal at some point. An order of paladins who like me will get no complaints out of me. That would be assuming this to be possible in the first place anyhow. I would not be against it. Again, up to the DM, of course. I'm up for adaptive combat, but as you can see I favor defensive and value a strategy where we keep everyone alive. Great job doing more training and faith gathering. Much appreciated.

As for RPL, yeah. I have no use for stealing souls, saving them sounds better to me. Also keep up the good work. Thank you.

Anyhow I have work in the morning).

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:46:01 pm by Transcendant »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, Endgame)
« Reply #1063 on: April 10, 2019, 01:59:07 am »

Spring Night 5: Clear Night (+Spirit, -Searching)
Spirit Mage at +5
I am back from my trip. Here's the long awaited epilogue to the game.

Spoiler: Last Turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Neutral Ending (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Final Stats (click to show/hide)

Congratulations. You survived... but at what cost?

Thank you for taking part in my experiment. See you next game.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, Endgame)
« Reply #1064 on: April 10, 2019, 02:02:44 am »

Twas extremely fun. Thanks Dwayna.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72