Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132273 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Survive
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 12:33:11 am »

Nix

Cautiously climb down mine, see what's inside.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 04:26:58 am »

Forage for Edible Plants (Gathering, maybe leading to farming a bit later?)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:59 am »

(can i join?)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:47 am »

Bring my fish and other stuff to that patch of ground and start setting up a campsite. Once we have a fire, start cooking the fish.
Anyone can join at any time, Papaj.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 08:33:47 am »

Leave the others to set up a campfire, and instead head to the mine.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 01:59:32 pm »

(can i join?)
(Yes.)

Use some of the deer meat to lure a larger animal under a tree, then stab down on its head from above.
2 You use up Deer Meat x2 to try to lure a larger animal in your direction. The animal approaching unfortunately doesn't seem quite as large as a deer. Even worse, when you leap out and hit the thing, you realize it's a wolf. A now very angry looking wolf. -1 Hunger. -2 Deer Meat. Angry Wolf: Health 11/13

Nix

Cautiously climb down mine, see what's inside.
3 This level of the mine definitely seems to be more expansive than the first, and more full of stuff. Most of it is rocks, but maybe some of those rocks could contain ore. You realize you can only see all of this because whomever was down here before built some lights into the cave walls. It's dimly lit, so you can only see the area around you and where the next lights are. -1 Hunger.

Forage for Edible Plants (Gathering, maybe leading to farming a bit later?)
5 You look near the forest and manage to find some strawberry bushes and gather some ripe berries and some seeds. Luckily, it seems that the scrape you got from your fall wasn't as bad as you thought and has already healed over. -1 Hunger. You obtain Strawberry x5, Strawberry Seeds x5. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Lost Status Effect: Bleeding

Bring my fish and other stuff to that patch of ground and start setting up a campsite. Once we have a fire, start cooking the fish.
3 You manage to make a crude campfire and use some leftover sticks to start cooking the fish. You burn a couple, but the rest turn out okay. -1 Hunger. -6 Fish. You obtain Cooked Fish x4. Skill Unlocked: Cooking Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP

Leave the others to set up a campfire, and instead head to the mine.
4 You leave your logs at the campsite and set out towards the mine at a comfortable pace. You see a now empty upper level with the ladder leading down, but luckily it seems the journey didn't tire you all that much. -2 Large Wooden Logs.

As Aaron used one of the logs to make the campfire, the Campsite now has 1 Crudely Made Campfire, 1 Large Wooden Log, and 1 Pile of Leftover Wood.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:22:11 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 02:11:38 pm »

Head on down the ladder into the mine proper. Leave my hoe, watering can, and fishing rod at the bottom of the ladder before proceeding.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 02:15:14 pm »

Look for plants that I could use to repair my fishing line with, repair the line, and resume fishing... all after I eat some of that fish.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 02:39:23 pm »

Name: Jeb
Appearance: A green small bold humanoid with a weird white suit
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
Go and cut some wood
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2017, 02:42:47 pm »

Forage for more plants, preferably strawberries.

Don't know if it's safe here / we're staying yet. If I plant and we leave, then wasted seeds. More food/seeds won't hurt the group. Lumberjacking didn't work; maybe food production will.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2017, 03:08:52 pm »

In?

Name: Arsintoile
Appearance: Light robes, cotton shirt and pants, sandals, rough light brown hair, purple eyes, pale-ish skin,
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10

Go to the river, and contemplate the nature of water, often flowing outward from some point toward another, even in puddles.

Yup, I'm philosophizing. Trying to understand the world on a higher level is the first step toward !!SCIENCE!!. Maybe Magic, too, but we don't know if that's part of the setting yet.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 03:09:50 pm »

Can you fish while you philosophize?
Fishlosophize, maybe?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2017, 03:12:35 pm »

If the wolf is alone I try to kill it with my sword.
But if I see more wolves I run up a tree.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 03:19:16 pm »

Can you fish while you philosophize?
Fishlosophize, maybe?
I could, but I feel that, if I focus on philosophizing rather than multitasking, I'd be more likely to gain something relevant to the knowledge or concept of what I'm philosophizing on. Plus, I might be less likely to lose hunger off my my action. Perhaps, one turn, I could philosophies on the concept of philosophizing, as part of training to allow true multitasking (separate rolls for philosophizing on something I've philosophized on before and actually doing that thing).
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 03:20:28 pm »

Fishing doesn't take much focus.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72