Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132233 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Survive
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »

Nix

Head back up, forage for food.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 04:54:18 pm »

Name: Tab E. Cat
Appearance: It's a light yellow and orange striped cat...
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can (but how is it carrying them?)
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10

Go hunting for mice.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 05:50:11 pm »

Head on down the ladder into the mine proper. Leave my hoe, watering can, and fishing rod at the bottom of the ladder before proceeding.
3 You head down into the mine, and briefly see Nix before they leave. You leave your hoe, watering can, and fishing rod near the ladder. They're heavy tools, so it takes a bit out of you to move them around as such. -1 Hunger. -1 Hoe, -1 Watering Can, -1 Fishing Rod.
On the bright side, your pack is a bit lighter.

Look for plants that I could use to repair my fishing line with, repair the line, and resume fishing... all after I eat some of that fish.
4 You wander a bit and find a patch of jute, which you harvest some and weave together to repair your fishing line. You go back to fishing not long afterwards, catching some more raw fish. Fishing Rod: Fixed. You Obtain Jute x3, Fish x2. Skill Unlocked: Crafting Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Fishing Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.
You eat two of your fish and regain some health. You also feel like you won't need to eat for a little while. +1 HP, +4 Hunger. -2 Cooked Fish. Gain Status Effect: Full

Name: Jeb
Appearance: A green small bold humanoid with a weird white suit
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Go and cut some wood
2 You hack at a tree for a while and barely make any progress. It is a very tiring endeavor. -2 Hunger

Forage for more plants, preferably strawberries.
4 You definitely seem to be better at this whole foraging thing than you were at chopping wood. There happen to be some more ripe strawberries over in the next bush. -1 Hunger. You obtain Strawberry x3, Strawberry Seeds x2. Foraging Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Name: Arsintoile
Appearance: Light robes, cotton shirt and pants, sandals, rough light brown hair, purple eyes, pale-ish skin,
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can

Go to the river, and contemplate the nature of water, often flowing outward from some point toward another, even in puddles.
3 You sit by the river and watch it for a while, thinking about the nature of water and how it works. You feel a strange attunement to it, but you're not quite sure how to harness that yet. Maybe you should try to think on it more. -1 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Water Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

If the wolf is alone I try to kill it with my sword.
But if I see more wolves I run up a tree.
5 Luckily for you, this seems to be the only wolf in the vicinity. You make another swipe at the wolf, and manage to cause a large gash in its side. Skill Unlocked: Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Angry Wolf: Health 5/13, Bleeding
The wolf is too stunned at the moment to retaliate.

Nix

Head back up, forage for food.
6 You head back up and jog over to the forest. Excitedly looking about, you notice that some of the trees have mangoes. You climb up and gather a whole bunch of mangoes. -1 Hunger. You obtain Mango x6. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.
Unfortunately, this leaves your arms full and you crash to the soft ground below unceremoniously. -1 Health.

Name: Tab E. Cat
Appearance: It's a light yellow and orange striped cat...
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can (but how is it carrying them?)

Go hunting for mice.
1 You're a cat. The heavy weight of the tools crushes your tiny body. -1 Hunger, -2 Health. Gain Status Effect: Trapped.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:03:04 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »

Investigate the first level of the mines. Look for flora, ores, and be on the lookout for fauna, in case there are dangerous creatures in the mines. Collect any flora I see, and mine any shinier looking rocks.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2017, 06:01:01 pm »

Push my luck and Try to finish off the wolf.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »

Continue fishing, ask Arsin if he can make my fishing any more efficient. Consider how the water works as I do these things, see if I can maybe figure out any patterns in it and the fish.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:34:14 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »

meow pitifully for help while trying to crawl out from under all these tools
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2017, 06:29:55 pm »

Continue Foraging, preferring Strawberries, but other similar bush berries are ok too.

More mouths to feed; building skill and farming stockpile. Failed at shelter, but am decent at this. Hunger will call; food should answer. No idea how much we'll need, but maybe if I specialize a bit, we could make it? This is best for the group.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2017, 06:33:03 pm »

Hey, I think I can currently handle a decent portion of our food needs. One guy fishing isn't likely to depopulate the area, and I'd say one cooked fish is probably a decent meal. Don't feel like food is entirely on you.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »

"This feeling...is beyond physical comprehension, and metaphysical being, in both directions at the same time. Could this be the mystical working of the world, working their way into me? Speaking of physical being, which, admittedly, is a little late, where did these tools come from? I never built or received them...are they extensions of my being? That can be said for any tool, though..."

"Well, whatever these tools are, this cat also bears them on it's back. Literally, though it means little figuratively. Did it come here similarly to me? Perhaps I could compare it to myself if it was free...Where even IS Here, anyway? Is this some realm within the soul, or mind, of me or another? Am I such a figment, in a vast sea of intellect? Why do I even describe it as a sea, a large body of water? Was I FATED to go 'full circle'? If I continue my liquid thoughts, I should find out. Can thoughts even be considered liquid? No, the other way around; Can liquids be related to a form of thought? Easygoing, adaptable, open-mindedness? If such, then what are different forms of water?"

Get sidetracked into more philosophy about water. Fail to help the cat, on accident.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »

Nothing personal. Variety of food and food source can only help us. Like I said, we have no idea how much food is even needed, because more people keep coming in anyhow. "Too much food" would be an awesome problem to have, because it may be usable in other ways (hunting traps I guess, also alcohol, and maybe cooking?). In any case, specialization should allow the others to gain skill in their areas for better results for all, I hope. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:39:25 pm by Transcendant »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2017, 06:39:24 pm »

Why are you echoing?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2017, 06:45:06 pm »

Try to get wood again
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2017, 06:51:35 pm »

Nix

Eat mangoes until full, try and weave a bag or net to carry them in out of surrounding foliage.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 07:29:14 pm »

(If we're worried about amount of people, we currently have 8 players. I'm definitely willing to cap it off there if we want. Otherwise I guess I'll continue to allow people in?)

Investigate the first level of the mines. Look for flora, ores, and be on the lookout for fauna, in case there are dangerous creatures in the mines. Collect any flora I see, and mine any shinier looking rocks.
4 You note some differently colored mushrooms growing on the floor of the cave, but you're not sure whether or not they're edible. You mine some of the rocks that look shinier. -1 Hunger. You obtain Brown Mushroom x2, Red Mushroom x2, Purple Mushroom x2, Copper Ore x2. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Mining Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Push my luck and Try to finish off the wolf.
1 It's a swing and a miss, in so much that you fall over. The wolf takes advantage of this and bites you. -3 Health. Angry Wolf: Health 4/13, Bleeding

Continue fishing, ask Arsin if he can make my fishing any more efficient. Consider how the water works as I do these things, see if I can maybe figure out any patterns in it and the fish.
4 You catch some more Fish and contemplate the water, and listening to your wizard friend helps broaden your mind. You obtain Fish x3. Fishing Rank Level Up: Choose a Perk: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 to all Fishing checks. Next Rank: 0/15 EXP. Skill Obtained: Water Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

5 You manage to crawl out from underneath your backpack, no thanks to anyone else. It didn't take any energy, you are no longer trapped, and it is laying on the ground. Lose Status Effect: Trapped. Leave Backpack Behind Y/N?

Get sidetracked into more philosophy about water. Fail to help the cat, on accident.
5 You feel the energies of water flow through you. You are one with the water, which cats hate, so of course you're not going to help that cat. -1 Hunger. Water Magic Rank 0: 6/10 EXP. Learned Spell: Manipulate Water. Cost: 1 Mana. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5

Try to get wood again
6 Now you're thinking with axes. You chop down a whole bunch of trees, but it's still quite the taxing task. -2 Hunger. You obtain Large Wooden Log x4. Skill Unlocked: Lumberjack Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP

Eat mangoes until full, try and weave a bag or net to carry them in out of surrounding foliage.
2 You eat some mangoes. They're refreshing enough to fill you, but they don't heal you much due to lack of ripeness. -3 Mango. +1 Health, +3 Hunger. Gain Status Effect: Full.
You reach into some bushes trying to find some useful resources, but instead you find thorns. -1 Health.

Continue Foraging, preferring Strawberries, but other similar bush berries are ok too.
4 You're on a roll. You find some blackberry bushes as well. -1 Hunger. You obtain Strawberry x3, Blackberry x3. Foraging Rank 0: 9/10 EXP

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:51:32 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72