Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132244 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:04 pm »

Wake up from nap, hear things from dragons, ponder what they say. Thank them.
Forage for berries a bit, then go back to sleep for another turn.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize how sleeping works. I figured, night, so ... sleep some, etc. I didn't mean to hold up the game and thought it would be some sleeping time. My mistake.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:50:58 pm by Transcendant »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2017, 07:55:24 pm »

Um...

Try to learn to freeze water.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »

Go to sleep, rest up. Think about what it wound be like to have wings instead of arms as I drift away...
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2017, 10:13:12 pm »

Use my Minor Repairs spell to fix my sword, then go eat again. If it doesn't fix the sword properly, try to develop a better repair spell using the Minor Repairs spell for reference.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2017, 10:45:54 pm »

Sorry about the lack of update until now. I ended up having to do a bunch of things with little time for myself. Here's the next one.

Nighttime: Last turn

Meh.  You're right.  This exploring stuff is a bit dull.
hop In the box and take a nap.
4 You hop into the box and realize that it's a lot bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. That must have been why the whole chest glowed when you looked at it earlier. You rest without issues. Chest data updated.

Tinker around a bit with some copper bars in the forge.
Make something small and useful, but simple.
Maybe the head for a hoe?
4 You create a hoe head out of a copper bar with some careful melting and hammering. Now all there is to do is attach it to a base.
-1 Copper Bar, -1 Hunger. You obtain Copper Hoe Head. Blacksmithing Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Blacksmithing (one time bonus)

Cast mold stone to create a hollow stone spear.
4 You successfully create exactly what you wanted out of some nearby stones. -3 Mana. You obtain Hollow Stone Spear. Earth Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

Try to teach my wolf some divination magic so he might be able to speak
2 You need to bond with your wolf more before it can learn magic. -1 Hunger.

> Locate the nearest source of edible food and eat.
6 You eat up a bunch of the berries at camp. Unfortunately, that means there's not as many for others anymore.
Health and Hunger replenished. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Bushes lose Foraging bonus.

Search for a human being to fight.
4 There are only the other people at the campsite as far as you know. There are also some powerful mages that appear from time to time. Oh look, here's one now! They have a purple cloak.

"I like you," they say, with an evil grin. "So eager to kill for your own benefit. You might be useful yet... but first, a test."

They wave their hand and they disappear. What appears in front of you is a skeleton with a sword. Fighting Skeleton: 10/10 Health

Wake up from nap, hear things from dragons, ponder what they say. Thank them.
Forage for berries a bit, then go back to sleep for another turn.

2+1 You grab some berries and sleep a bit. +2 Mana, -1 Hunger. +1 Strawberry, +1 Blackberry. Foraging Rank 3: 5/25 EXP.

Try to learn to freeze water.
5 You learn quite a bit about ice magic. Gain Spells: Water to Ice/Ice to Water (2 Mana), Frost Orb (2 Mana). Water Magic Rank 1: 7/15 EXP.

Go to sleep, rest up. Think about what it wound be like to have wings instead of arms as I drift away...
3 You rest up and have sweet dreams. You learn something about flight. +2 Health, -1 Hunger. Gain Spell: Flight (1 Mana)

Use my Minor Repairs spell to fix my sword, then go eat again. If it doesn't fix the sword properly, try to develop a better repair spell using the Minor Repairs spell for reference.
5 You manage to repair the whole sword with your magic. You eat up some food after foraging around.
+1 Health, +4 Hunger, -1 Mana. Sword: Repaired. Transmutation Magic Rank 1: 7/15 EXP. Foraging Rank 0: 7/10 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 26, 2017, 10:48:45 pm »

Gratefully accept the challenge. Since Leech Life probably doesn't work on undead, just focus on breaking the skeleton's arms so it can't use the sword.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 26, 2017, 10:58:10 pm »

Meditate to regain lost mana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 26, 2017, 10:59:45 pm »

Since I have Conjure Simple Monster, try to develop an advanced version of the spell to summon stronger monsters or monsters that are loyal specifically to me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 27, 2017, 06:06:02 am »

Grab some if the nearby wood and carefully whittle myself a hoe handle. Attach the how's head to the handle,
and give it to Transcendent.

Also, +1 when blacksmithing please.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 27, 2017, 07:00:27 am »

Try mixing my spells. What if I try to do Stone Skin with ice magic? Could I mix it with Zone of Truth or Peace to give the enchantment to everyone nearby? Can I do that with Control Animals? Etcetera.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 27, 2017, 11:19:10 am »

> Practice divination magic again.
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 27, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »

Add / plant one single plant to the farm: another black  berry bush. Meditate on spirit magic. Sleep a little more.

Lay awake in the dark wondering and trying to sleep. Happy to at least hav

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 27, 2017, 05:41:54 pm »

Try to discover new type of magic
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 29, 2017, 06:50:07 am »

PTW

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 30, 2017, 09:11:53 pm »

Day 3: Rainy (All campfires destroyed, Buried meat rots.)
Detect Lifesigns  Updated: Lasts 3 Turns

Gratefully accept the challenge. Since Leech Life probably doesn't work on undead, just focus on breaking the skeleton's arms so it can't use the sword.
3 You slice into the skeleton, but its bones seem to be a bit sturdy so you don't cut its arm off right away. It slices back, nicking you on your skin.
-1 Health. Combat Rank 2: 2/20 EXP. Fighting Skeleton: 9/10 Health.

Meditate to regain lost mana.
3 You succeed in your task, after spending some time. -1 Hunger. Mana refilled.

Since I have Conjure Simple Monster, try to develop an advanced version of the spell to summon stronger monsters or monsters that are loyal specifically to me.
5 You learn quite a bit about summoning and binding, and though you don't have the ability to bind monsters at the moment, that may be possible later.
-1 Hunger. Conjuration Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Find Simple Familiar (1 Mana, Charcoal, 1 Use Only), Conjured Advanced Monster (1 Turn per 2 Mana)

Grab some if the nearby wood and carefully whittle myself a hoe handle. Attach the hoe's head to the handle, and give it to Transcendent.
Also, +1 when blacksmithing please.
6 You successfully craft the hoe and give it to your friend Wren, but not without nicking yourself. Your hands probably dislike all this punishment.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Crafting Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 to Crafting (one time permanent bonus)

Try mixing my spells. What if I try to do Stone Skin with ice magic? Could I mix it with Zone of Truth or Peace to give the enchantment to everyone nearby? Can I do that with Control Animals? Etcetera.
6 You experiment with combining magic. It doesn't work in quite the way you expected, but you still seemed to get something out of it. On the one hand, you learned a powerful spell. On the other, you temporarily turn yourself to stone, which hurts a lot. You change back within a few moments, but it was still scary. You could've been trapped like that if something had gone seriously wrong.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Water Magic Rank 1: 12/15 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Transmutation Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.
Gain Spell: Stone to Flesh/Flesh to Stone (5 Mana).
This spell could be a blessing or a curse. On the one hand, you could save anyone that has been turned to stone. On the other, you could turn people to stone (and possibly yourself if it backfires.) Use this wisely.

> Practice divination magic again.
4 You practice your divination magic by turning on Detect Magic. You may now Detect Magic for 2 Turns, if there is any in the area.
-1 Mana. Gain Spell: Detect Lifesigns (2 Mana, Lasts 3 Turns). Divination Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Divination Magic.

Add / plant one single plant to the farm: another black berry bush. Meditate on spirit magic. Sleep a little more.
2+2 Your friend Aumrath gave you a fancy new farm tool. You successfully farm your new blackberry bush and meditate peacefully. You then sleep.
-1 Hunger, Mana replenished. -1 Blackberry. Item obtained: Copper Hoe (swapped out for old hoe). Farming Rank 2: 8/20 EXP. Campsite Updated

Try to discover new type of magic
6 You have a sit down for a while and daydream intensely. So many different stars, and some of them are connected to each other. Which star do you want to touch?
-2 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. Choose one magic to learn: Air, Fire, Water, Spirit, Abjuration, Conjuration, Enchantment, Illusion, or Necromancy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:24:15 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72