Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 130898 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #645 on: February 12, 2018, 06:46:12 pm »

Use Mana to Spirit to convert 5 Mana in order to practice my Spirit Power, and do some combat drills.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #646 on: February 12, 2018, 09:09:25 pm »

Thank the dragons kindly and ask if they'd like to sleep a bit after that?

Thankfully drift off wondering what new and wondrous things a world without monsters would be.

What monsters?.....

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #647 on: February 19, 2018, 12:53:23 pm »

Seems only Puppyguard didn't post. We'll have that spot tentatively open.

Nighttime 3 (2 Turns remain)

Try to channel the power again, but get some kind of constant spell instead of an activated spell, like one that keeps going but slowly.
Also, mine some of the iron ore.

3 You manage to learn how it's done this time, but it definitely requires the use of a charged crystal to channel that sort of magic. You do so already, making sure small patches of Earth are going to be transmuted per turn. You also mine a bit of ore.
-1 Mana, -1 Hunger. Iron Ore x1. Mining Rank 0: 9/10 EXP. Transmutation Magic Rank 2: 14/20 EXP. Gain Spell: Earth to Ore (1+ Mana, Requires Charged Crystal). Crystal: -5% Charge.

Danea quickly butchers the corpse with either her damaged sword or her axe, and separates the meat from the chitinous material. She then looks around the floor further for either more creatures or more valuables.
4+1 You get some beetle meat and look around a bit, finding some smaller beetles that you quickly dispatch, collecting their meat as well.
-1 Hunger (Low Hunger Warning). Beetle Meat x5. Searching Rank 1: 7/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Hunting Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

+1 Hunger, ask the dragons about the coins.
4 You manage to catch Auraj before he goes to sleep.
"Oh, the shiny round things? The people in the valley make them. I think it has to do with their local leader or something, but they seem to have value there. Nice to sleep on, if I have a lot of them."

Climb a tree or a tall peak, figure out where I am, then resume trek to the village.
3 You climb up to a tall peak, and see houses at the bottom of the valley. It is still a ways from here, but at least it seems inhabited. You resume the trek. -1 Hunger. No longer lost.

normally I wouldn't do this since I'm alone, but together we should be able to hunt some rabbit. lets try to find a rabbit burrow.
They generally keep two exits, so if we find two burrow tunnels relatively close, I can storm in one entrance while my new winged friend is waiting at the other. If the rabbit tries to run out, they'll either run into me, or meet my friend at the other exit!

2+1 Your new friend helped you out in this endeavor, and you successfully catch and kill a rabbit together. -1 Hunger. Obtain Rabbit x1. Hunting Rank 0: 7/10 EXP.

Nightmare? That was almost a dream, really. Now I should probably go into the mines and search it for the amethysts the mage requested.
If I can't find any, ask anyone currently in the mines for a spare amethyst and try to convince them to lend me one.

3 You go to the mines and jump in despite the broken ladder. It hurts a bit, but you easily shake it off, especially when you find an amethyst nearby. Now the question is how to get back out.
-1 Health. You obtain Amethyst x1. Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 1. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Go to Kalith and say that the statue is done, ask her what should i do next
(Ask for any gift you want, and I will try to give you an equivalent.)
3 Kalith is asleep at the moment, but you get the feeling that now the statue is done, maybe you should pray to it. -1 Hunger.

Use Mana to Spirit to convert 5 Mana in order to practice my Spirit Power, and do some combat drills.
2+3 You feel so invigorated that you spend only half of the mana to convert back to Spirit. You then do some combat drills. -1 Hunger, -3 Mana, Spirit replenished. Combat Rank 3: 8/25 EXP.

Thank the dragons kindly and ask if they'd like to sleep a bit after that?
Thankfully drift off wondering what new and wondrous things a world without monsters would be.
What monsters?.....
1 You suddenly feel like you're having a restless sleep, despite your dragon companions sleeping just fine. The reason why is soon apparent. A green cloaked figure appears and casts a spell, disappearing soon afterward. Rocks float off of the ground, forming a roughly human sized earth elemental, looking ready to fight.

"I tire of you, my rival. Let this be a lesson to trying to steal my power away."

-1 Hunger. The Earth Mage: -1 Favor. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 30/30 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:57:55 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 19, 2018, 12:59:30 pm »

Danea decides to leave the mines, ascending to the surface. If she has enough time left in the turn, she starts chopping firewood.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 19, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »

Zone of Peace on the earth elemental.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 19, 2018, 01:30:33 pm »

Meditate and attemp to use my spirit in some way that could help me get out of the mine, either by finding an exit or creating one. Maybe trying to "feel" the underground area around me or using pure spirit power to create something? Try using Spirit Magic to solve this problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:23:54 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 19, 2018, 05:11:28 pm »

Keep trekking, make good time to my destination.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 19, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »

cast rock to mud on the earth elemental, while gently walking back a bit. Draw sword, if appropriate, swing. Shout to wake up the dragons if that's possible.

"I stole nothing. Rival nothing." I say as I try to soften this elemental's resolve and its shape, from earth into mud, assuming that works, it should be far easier to apply the sword to....
 If that should work, it's possible that next round I'll constrain it with plant growth, though depends on the situation.

I am having a bad night's sleep.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 19, 2018, 07:36:48 pm »

Work on making the charging circle more efficient. Then, head back up top to the forge.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 24, 2018, 07:04:20 pm »

Store that one in my pack for now, and continue hunting. Ask astral cat what his home was like.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 24, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »

Grab some food, then go help fight the rock elemental. If it attacks anyone and my iron sword could damage it without becoming chipped, attack it with my sword. If it attacks someone but there is a chance my blade could break, instead summon a Spiritual weapon for two turns and attack the elemental with it. If it doesn't attack anyone, watch and eat to restore my health. Get Beary Bob to help if he has recovered enough.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:29 am »

Go and pray to the statue
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 28, 2018, 12:19:02 am »

Nighttime 3 (Last Turn)

Danea decides to leave the mines, ascending to the surface. If she has enough time left in the turn, she starts chopping firewood.
6 You manage to jump up to the broken ladder and get out. You chop some firewood, only to break your axe.
-2 Hunger. 1 Hunger Warning. Obtain Large Wooden Log x3. Skills Unlocked: Lumberjack Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Zone of Peace on the earth elemental.
3 The elemental scrapes you with a rocky fist before you cast your spell. It seems to have worked, for now.
-1 Health, -3 Mana. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 30/30 Health. (Peaceful for 1 Turn)

Meditate and attemp to use my spirit in some way that could help me get out of the mine, either by finding an exit or creating one. Maybe trying to "feel" the underground area around me or using pure spirit power to create something? Try using Spirit Magic to solve this problem.
6You close your eyes. The Spirit Mage smiles upon you, keeping her end of the bargain. You feel a tug on your chest, and you're suddenly outside. You drop roughly to the ground, remembering the spell as you stare to the rising sun.
-2 Health, Mana Depleted. Spirit Magic Learned: Teleport (5+ Mana). Spirit Magic Level Up! choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana or Learn New Spirit Magic

Keep trekking, make good time to my destination.
4 You indeed make good time towards the village. The people seem to be just waking up for tomorrow's dawn and seem wary of strangers, but since you're not wearing a fancy cloak, they might be more amiable towards you. -1 Hunger

cast rock to mud on the earth elemental, while gently walking back a bit. Draw sword, if appropriate, swing. Shout to wake up the dragons if that's possible.
2+1 This elemental is actually pretty agile what with the gaps between rocks, so your swipe doesn't seem to do much. You're currently out of mana, and the dragons remain sleeping for the time being.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 1: 2/15 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 29/30 Health. (Peaceful for 1 Turn)

Work on making the charging circle more efficient. Then, head back up top to the forge.
1 You don't know how to do that, it's pretty improved as is. You try desperately to climb up the broken ladder, only to fall back down again. -2 Health, -1 Hunger.

Store that one in my pack for now, and continue hunting. Ask astral cat what his home was like.
5 You hunt down a few more rabbits together. The winged cat describes a realm filled with winged creatures like it, but some weren't winged. Some glowed with strange white lights and were resistant to magic. They felt good to be around, though... kind of like it feels good to be around you.
Obtain Rabbit x4. Winged Cat is now your Ally. Hunting Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Hunting (one time permanent bonus)

Grab some food, then go help fight the rock elemental. If it attacks anyone and my iron sword could damage it without becoming chipped, attack it with my sword. If it attacks someone but there is a chance my blade could break, instead summon a Spiritual weapon for two turns and attack the elemental with it. If it doesn't attack anyone, watch and eat to restore my health. Get Beary Bob to help if he has recovered enough.
1+3 The rock elemental seems somewhat resistant to physical damage, what with being made of rocks. It seems peaceful for the time being, though it did try to attack one of your friends before they pacified it. Beary Bob helps a little bit himself, but his claws are also not doing much.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 3: 11/25 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 27/30 Health. (Peaceful for 1 Turn)

Go and pray to the statue
5 You pray to the statue. The Great Dragon smiles upon you, saying that you can choose to enhance yourself in any way you choose as your boon.
Favoured by The Great Dragon. Choose any one skill, magic or otherwise, to boost in some way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:05:59 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 28, 2018, 01:58:16 am »

Speak to whomever is the highest authority in the village, offer my services as a fighter.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 28, 2018, 06:40:27 am »

Danea cooks and eats the beetle meat until she is full.
If the hunger gets too hard to bear while cooking it, she quickly searches for berries to eat while the meat cooks.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 72