Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132331 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #675 on: March 11, 2018, 10:59:09 pm »

Back up to eat some berries; then attack the earth elemental again.

Starving to death sounds awful. The dragons need to stretch out a bit anyhow. After that, there's the matter of attacking this thing again. I've got a positive combat modifier; may as well use it. At some point, this thing has to make a mistake and leave itself open to attack. This may be a spell I don't know, but it can't be invincible.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 18, 2018, 03:16:51 pm »

Daytime 4 (7 Turns remain)
Only missing Beirus, so I'll update.

eat something, and use the spell see the future
1 You use the spell before eating. Your mind reels with the sight of the destruction of the universe. There's only 3 chances to survive, but in trying to grasp them, you feel pain wrack your body.
-10 Mana, -3 Health, -1 Hunger

I need Zone of Peace on that elemental. If I end up with less than 3 mana after I try it, then I rest.
1 The spell backfires. You feel at peace as the elemental whacks you one. -2 Health, -1 Hunger, -2 Mana. Peaceful

Danea finds a nearby area of exposed stone and sets to work on it with her pickaxe, getting large chunks of stone for later smoothing into blocks.
6 You set to work mining a bunch of stone, getting lucky and finding some ore as well. It is very tiring work, though, not to mention unhealthy.
-2 Hunger, -1 Health. Obtain Stone x10, Copper Ore x5. Skill Unlocked: Mining Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Eat some food, and try to channel Mana into myself from the crystal. Then, head to the forge.
2+1 You eat a fish that wasn't as well cooked and channel the rest of the crystal's power into you. It shatters in the process, leaving only shards. You head to the forge.
+2 Hunger, +2 Mana. -1 Cooked Fish. White Quartz: Shattered.

seeing the others are in danger, I go to help them by casting a lightning bolt on the earth elemental!
1 The lightning bolt you summon hits you instead by accident. Oops. -3 Health, -1 Hunger, -2 Mana.

((Did you draw that? That's fricking awesome.))
Thank Lady Avita for her patronage, ask for the nearest monster to defeat.
(No, that's actually official D&D art that I was inspired by.)
4 "There is a small drake nearby that has been setting things on fire," says Avita. "It should be lurking about town, so please take care of it."
You go in search of the beast, and find it soon enough. It looks like a small red dragon-like beast without wings. -1 Hunger. Searching Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Fighting: Small Fire Drake, 15/15 Health.

Spoiler: Secret Action (click to show/hide)
1+2 You slightly succeed in this endeavor. You still feel compelled. -2 Mana. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 2/15 EXP.

Back up to eat some berries; then attack the earth elemental again.
1+2 You eat some berries. However, you deal minimal damage as you are entirely distracted by the feeling of a harmful spell being cast on you. Who did that?
+3 Hunger, -2 Health. Berries consumed. Combat Rank 1: 6/15 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 25/30 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:30:32 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 18, 2018, 03:28:53 pm »

Danea uses her transmutation magic to shape the stone into blocks, and to convert the largest piece of stone into a forge. She puts wood into the forge and ignites it to get coals for later smelting.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 18, 2018, 03:30:43 pm »

Forge a new pickaxe, half the size of a normal one. Also make a kneehigh golem from basic metal materials, and fashion a basket for him. His name shall be Kosjenka.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 18, 2018, 03:35:42 pm »

Attack the earth elemental with a downward angled sword swing, preferably after dodging one of its attacks. Ask the Dragons to help.

Scream as I'm harmed somehow from somewhere. When it swings, sidestep and strike. There's the sad matter of this elemental; I didn't see it cast any spell, but perhaps it did. Whoever did it, I didn't see it. Unless of course there's some reason to think otherwise right now. Do I see where this stuff is coming from or?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:26:37 pm by Transcendant »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 18, 2018, 03:40:57 pm »

Rest (harnessing the power of peace and ohmmmm...), and then try to use Charm Monsters on the golem to make it a fellow in peacefulness.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 18, 2018, 03:51:04 pm »

Can I play, please?

Name: Jerra Egan
Appearance: Female with short, brown hair and green eyes. Pale skin. More fast that strong, but still strong, determined and able to endure.
Skills: ?
Combat Rank 1
Forging Rank 1
Mining Rank 1
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10

Able to make and use weapons and armor from materials she gathers, Jerra is a sharp warrior with a sharp mind. Determined to protect her people from the the mages, she does what she can.

I guess if you let me play, then what I'd do would depend on where I start? That'd make 10.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2018, 04:47:14 pm »

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 18, 2018, 05:01:21 pm »

Go and confront the drake from a distance where fire will not easily reach me, but it can still hear me. Issue an official challenge and hope it's sapient.

"MIGHTY DRAKE. I CHALLENGE YOU TO AN HONORABLE DUEL. IF YOU REFRAIN FROM USING FIRE, I WILL REFRAIN FROM USING MAGIC."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 18, 2018, 06:01:48 pm »

aagh! Lightning struck me twice! Try one more time to cast it on the earth elemental, then use the magic in my pearl to heal myself.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2018, 10:36:59 am »

sacrifice all of my crystals to the great dragon
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 22, 2018, 05:55:21 am »

Draw off the fervor of battle to replenish my Spirit Power. If that won't work, just hit whatever enemy attacked the others.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 26, 2018, 12:54:37 am »

Daytime 4: Windy (6 Turns remain)

Can I play, please?
Name: Jerra Egan
Appearance: Female with short, brown hair and green eyes. Pale skin. More fast that strong, but still strong, determined and able to endure.
Skills: ?
Combat Rank 1
Forging Rank 1
Mining Rank 1
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
Able to make and use weapons and armor from materials she gathers, Jerra is a sharp warrior with a sharp mind. Determined to protect her people from the the mages, she does what she can.
I guess if you let me play, then what I'd do would depend on where I start? That'd make 10.
You can certainly play, but you start the game with no skills. You earn them by performing actions in game and gaining experience. If that's still okay with you, you're more than welcome.

Danea uses her transmutation magic to shape the stone into blocks, and to convert the largest piece of stone into a forge. She puts wood into the forge and ignites it to get coals for later smelting.
3 You shape some of the stone into blocks, beginning to build a forge. You cut a log and start a small fire in the half-forge, and wait to grab a bit of charcoal.
-2 Hunger, -2 Mana. -4 Stone, -1 Wooden Log. Obtain Small Wooden Chunk x3, Charcoal x1. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Created: Half-built Forge, currently heated.

Forge a new pickaxe, half the size of a normal one. Also make a kneehigh golem from basic metal materials, and fashion a basket for him. His name shall be Kosjenka.
5 You successfully fashion one of your copper bars into a new pickaxe. You smelt the rest of your metals and ores together and build a small bronze golem from the mix, animating it with your magic. You give your small robot son a basket. He is happy.
-1 Hunger. Mana depleted. Bars and Ores depleted. Created: Kosjenka the Small Bronze Golem, 15/15 Health. Carrying a basket.
Building Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Transmutation Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Mana or New Transmutation Magic

Attack the earth elemental with a downward angled sword swing, preferably after dodging one of its attacks. Ask the Dragons to help.
Scream as I'm harmed somehow from somewhere. When it swings, sidestep and strike. There's the sad matter of this elemental; I didn't see it cast any spell, but perhaps it did. Whoever did it, I didn't see it. Unless of course there's some reason to think otherwise right now. Do I see where this stuff is coming from or?
2+1 vs. 4+1 Wren notices that his friend Theron is currently out of his mind, hypnotized in some way. Perhaps it has something to do with that strange black dot on his forehead? Either way, Wren dodges another Minor Harm spell from Theron and plants a firm blow on the Earth Elemental in one fluid motion. The dragons help a little bit, too.
Theron (randomgenericusername): -1 Mana. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 4/15 EXP.
Wren Solvec (Transcendant): Combat Rank 1: 11/15 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 20/30 Health.

Rest (harnessing the power of peace and ohmmmm...), and then try to use Charm Monsters on the golem to make it a fellow in peacefulness.
4 You channel into this inner peace you've found and regenerate some mana as well as heal up a bit. You manage to charm the elemental again for a bit.
-1 Hunger, +1 Health, +2 Mana. Enchantment Magic Rank 2. Next Rank: 15/20 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 20/30 Health. Charmed for 1 Turn.

Go and confront the drake from a distance where fire will not easily reach me, but it can still hear me. Issue an official challenge and hope it's sapient.
"MIGHTY DRAKE. I CHALLENGE YOU TO AN HONORABLE DUEL. IF YOU REFRAIN FROM USING FIRE, I WILL REFRAIN FROM USING MAGIC."
2 The Drake doesn't seem interested in an honorable duel, as it spews some fire in your direction. -2 Health. Fighting: Small Fire Drake, 15/15 Health.

aagh! Lightning struck me twice! Try one more time to cast it on the earth elemental, then use the magic in my pearl to heal myself.
2+1 You dole out minimal lightning damage to the golem, since it's pretty grounded. Terrible puns aside, you heal up a bit.
+1 Health, -1 Hunger, -2 Mana. Pearl Uses Left for Today = 2. Air Magic Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 19/30 Health.

sacrifice all of my crystals to the great dragon
4+1 You sacrifice your crystals to the great dragon. You feel like you will be granted another gift for your efforts.
All gems depleted. The Great Dragon will now grant you random temporary boons on results of 5 or better.

Draw off the fervor of battle to replenish my Spirit Power. If that won't work, just hit whatever enemy attacked the others.
1+1 You try to channel energy into replenishing your spirit power, but something goes wrong in the process. You feel awful. -2 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:04:43 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 26, 2018, 01:34:27 am »

Minor leech life this fukkin drake.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 26, 2018, 06:17:01 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:28:01 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72