Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132318 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #690 on: March 26, 2018, 06:22:57 am »

Use my peacefulness to create a full Zone of Peace! We shall tame this golem yet!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 26, 2018, 06:24:50 am »

Heal Billybob with the remaining two pearl charges, then go find someplace to take a quick catnap.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 26, 2018, 06:25:14 am »

Danea finishes the half-forge then lays some copper ore on it. When it melts, she uses Shape Object on the pure metal to form the shape of a scythe blade.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 26, 2018, 09:45:16 am »

Danea finishes the half-forge then lays some copper ore on it. When it melts, she uses Shape Object on the pure metal to form the shape of a scythe blade.
I don't know if you realized this or not, but I actually made a forge already that you could use.

Fashion a small sign from wood and a piece of charcoal that says "Reserved for Aumrath".
Hand it to Kosjenka, along with the small pick. Tell him to take both down the ladder and place the sign by the crystal circle. Tell him to mine for ores and place said ores under the sign whenever his basket gets full.
Then head back down and fix up the crystal so that it keeps transmuting the ground.

EDIT: A mentoring system would be cool.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:58:44 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 26, 2018, 06:39:23 pm »

Position earth elemental between me and Theron. Cleave it with my sword.

Things are naturally going sideways, so will I....  Position myself on the other side of the Earth Elemental, putting it between me and Theron. My sword isn't cutting it enough; it's still standing; let's fix those issues. I'm going to rub that black dot off his forehead with my thumb later on. Til then, I'm going to work with the dragons to make this thing ground again.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 26, 2018, 07:13:57 pm »

A blunt weapon or a pickaxe might be a better weapon than your sword...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 26, 2018, 07:48:54 pm »

I was around earlier in this game's history. If I wanted to rejoin, would there be a spot?
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 26, 2018, 07:57:11 pm »

Things are naturally going sideways, so will I....  Position myself on the other side of the Earth Elemental, putting it between me and Theron. My sword isn't cutting it enough; it's still standing; let's fix those issues. I'm going to rub that black dot off his forehead with my thumb later on. Til then, I'm going to work with the dragons to make this thing ground again.
((Doing anything to the dot might result in an instakill, just talking would be fine as long as the force in control listens.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 26, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »

Ok, sounds good. Thanks. Other than no skills to start is there anything else? um I guess, can I fight the earth elemental then? Not sure where else to go since that's where this started? I hope this is ok for a first in character post.

Attack the Earth Elemental

Name: Jerra Egan
Appearance: Female with short, brown hair and green eyes. Pale skin. More fast that strong, but still strong, determined and able to endure.
Skills:
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:03:04 pm by femmelf »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 26, 2018, 08:27:32 pm »

((Why is everyone suddenly fighting the damn elemental and making everything harder for me? :'( ))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 26, 2018, 08:38:18 pm »

A blunt weapon or a pickaxe might be a better weapon than your sword...

((Doing anything to the dot might result in an instakill, just talking would be fine as long as the force in control listens.))

My character has no way to know if either of these things are true, or even really think of them. I'm out of mana, and sword worked before. We don't know if an elemental (summoned or otherwise) can be enchanted either. I'm not going to press the issue. As for the dot thing, I have absolutely no idea what that is except that it might have something to do with Theron being nuts or hypnotized and attacking me. No one explained any of this to me and for all I know, removing it might cure him, if that's even possible. Didn't get a copy of "How to Sell your Soul for Dummys" available from Amazon. I will say that selling your soul is usually not in the good things category. I'm not even sure I know he sold his soul to the mages trying to destroy the world or whatever the heck this was that he's probably paying a bit of the price for now:
A weak, mortal soul is a very small price for unlimited power. A life of servitude is included too, right? Even then, it's a pretty good offer. Thank the purple mage and learn this spirit magic.

All I know is that Theron's nuts right now, attacking me, and it might have something to do with a dot on his forehead. I'm not happy he's casting harmful spells in my direction, but the earth elemental seems like the first priority right this second. If that thing bites the dust or becomes dust or whatever an earth elemental does when it's defeated, then we might worry about holding Theron down and getting some sense back into him if he doesn't do something incredibly dangerous to us first.

((Why is everyone suddenly fighting the damn elemental and making everything harder for me? :'( ))

Dude, you sold your soul to the people who attack us and our neato dragon friends. Were you expecting a cookie?

Sorry for the snark, but I'm the one having harm spells thrown at me here. :P What's going on?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 26, 2018, 09:31:26 pm »

((If Billy Bob knew about the traitor and had Spirit Power, he might attempt to do something about it. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't have knowledge of it, and I can only do one of those things this turn.))

Try to generate Spirit Power again, preferably without hurting myself. Oh, or maybe try to develop Spirit to Health/Health to Spirit by using my physical vitality to replenish my inner strength.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 27, 2018, 05:05:43 pm »

ask the great dragon what should i do
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10)
« Reply #703 on: April 04, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »

Daytime 4: Windy (5 Turns remain)

I was around earlier in this game's history. If I wanted to rejoin, would there be a spot?
I suppose one more person can't hurt. You're welcome to come back.

Minor leech life this fukkin drake.
6 You end up spending all of your spirit energy and some of your physical energy into the ability, but it does quite a bit to the drake. It seemed more pissed off at you.
-2 Hunger, Spirit Depleted, Health replenished. Gain status: Fatigued. Spirit Power Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Fighting: Small Fire Drake, 7/15 Health.

Use my peacefulness to create a full Zone of Peace! We shall tame this golem yet!
3+1 You extend a magical branch of peacefulness, and it seems to work a little more potently this time. You feel less peaceful as a result.
+1 Health, -1 Hunger, -3 Mana. Lost Status: Peaceful. Enchantment Magic Rank 2: 18/20 EXP. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 19/30 Health. Peaceful (3 Turns)

Heal Billybob with the remaining two pearl charges, then go find someplace to take a quick catnap.
4 You heal up your friend and take a catnap, replenishing some lost health and mana. +2 Health, +2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Daily Pearl Uses Depleted.

4 You finish the forge and smelt your ore. You fashion a couple of the bars into a scythe blade with magic, admirably sharp.
-2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Stone and ore depleted. Obtain Copper Bar x3, Small Copper Scythe Blade x1. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Skill unlocked: Building Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Fashion a small sign from wood and a piece of charcoal that says "Reserved for Aumrath".
Hand it to Kosjenka, along with the small pick. Tell him to take both down the ladder and place the sign by the crystal circle. Tell him to mine for ores and place said ores under the sign whenever his basket gets full.
Then head back down and fix up the crystal so that it keeps transmuting the ground.

EDIT: A mentoring system would be cool.
4 You make the sign and send your robot son to go mining. You find a new crystal, and manage to regenerate a bit of mana, immediately spending it to transmute the ground again.
-1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. Transmutation Magic Rank 3: 3/25 EXP. Copper Pickaxe transferred to Kosjenka. A 5% Charged Rose Quartz has been placed into the stone circle.
(You can totally try to teach other people skills that you are proficient in if you want to.)

Spoiler: Secret Action (click to show/hide)
5+1 vs. 2+1 Theron's dark mistress doesn't seem to care at the moment. Her ghostly laugh pierces his head, causing him to be useless this turn. Wren also hears her voice, less prominent but still sinister.

"A soul willingly given... A soul I now own. It is useless to try to erase my mark... Theron is mine. Nonetheless... I will release him from this particular curse... for now."

Despite this, Wren moves around to cleave into the elemental with the help of the dragons. Unfortunately, this reduces it's state of peace somewhat. Theron feels the voice of his dark mistress leave him.

Wren (Transcendant): -1 Hunger. Combat Level Up! Choose +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger. MINI BOSS BATTLE Earth Elemental: 10/30 Health. Peaceful (1 Turn)
Theron (Random): No longer compelled to help the Elemental.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks. Other than no skills to start is there anything else? um I guess, can I fight the earth elemental then? Not sure where else to go since that's where this started? I hope this is ok for a first in character post.
Attack the Earth Elemental
(you can do almost anythign you want to do, so long as the dice are on your side...)
2 A swing and a miss. Probably best, as you don't want to make the Elemental further lose its state of peacefulness right now. -1 Hunger

((If Billy Bob knew about the traitor and had Spirit Power, he might attempt to do something about it. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't have knowledge of it, and I can only do one of those things this turn.))
Try to generate Spirit Power again, preferably without hurting myself. Oh, or maybe try to develop Spirit to Health/Health to Spirit by using my physical vitality to replenish my inner strength.
5 You do both of these things, and you get healed by Tab E. Cat! How nice of your small friend.
+2 Health, Spirit replenished. Spirit Power Rank 2: 17/20 EXP. Gain Ability: Health to Spirit/Spirit to Health (1 for 1)

ask the great dragon what should i do
4 There are two things you can do, my apprentice, says the god, projecting into your mind. The first option is that you can continue to work on your magic through me, helping me to gain power and overcome the mages. The second is more difficult... I have seen that the mages have both evil and good in them, and right now they are misguided on their path to power. Perhaps they can be persuaded to work with me instead of against me, but at the moment that seems highly unlikely. Either way, I need to regain some of my power, else this world will fall to ruination. With that in mind, I shall heal you, my child.

Health replenished, -1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:27:44 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10)
« Reply #704 on: April 04, 2018, 07:20:24 pm »

If you wanted me to die, you could have just told me to do that then. The elemental was going to lose and there was nothing that I could have done to prevent it.

Find a place to sit down and meditate about Spirit Magic, trying to focus and adapt my already known spells into better ones. Stay away from the others, for now.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 72