Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 130885 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #720 on: April 14, 2018, 08:07:52 am »

That was a bit more instant than I expected. I was thinking that they would say yes, and then the following turn would become a training montage. Darn it!
Thank them for being such a nice friend, and go looking for something to fight or spar against.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 16, 2018, 09:53:41 pm »

Introduce myself nicely, and I guess ask what the story was with everything that just happened like the earth elemental and the one guy with the forehead dot who was casting spells at Wren.

Get to know the other nearby players and the little dragons. They seem nice.

(ooc: yay).

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:26 am »

Introduce self and dragons to Jerra (New person). I need rest (0 mana, get it). Politely invite inside. Meditate on magic and restoring mana and ... earth magic? because we beat the earth mage a bit?. 

Catching my breath after the elemental drops, ground onto ground, I try to introduce myself and our fantastic dragon friends to the new person and I guess vice versa. Still a little hungry, I'd offer to get us all some food and offer her shelter in the house (built previously). As long as she seems ok, invite Jerra inside the house. Possibly converse and relax a bit.

I'll have to worry about the voice in my head and the weird forehead dot /spells cast at me thing later. For now, he's not around is my understanding. Not sure how I feel about being targeted, but if things look safe for the immediate time being.... Figuring out and dealing with whatever the crap that was is on the concern list, but after regaining mana, and safety matters.

Meditate.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:11:20 am by Transcendant »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 19, 2018, 10:40:41 am »

Go eat and meditate to recover mana and Spirit power Introduce self to the newbie first though. Then rest. And if I can, go practice combat with Beary Bob.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 22, 2018, 12:40:24 am »

Day 4: Windy (3 Turns Remain)
Only Papaj has not posted.
A reminder that your Hunger going to 0 also counts as a death. That being said, from now on I will add a +1 to eating actions if you have food in your inventory. Also, no hunger will be lost on actions totaling 5 from now on, nor will it be lost for at least 1 turn after becoming full. Please keep an eye on your eating habits everyone.
I will also give the Diplomacy skill for making friends with other beings now (that aren't players), retroactively added to characters that already made friends. Thank you for your patience as always. <3

Cut up the Drake, and FEAST. Feast on its magical flesh. Gain its power.
4 You consume the Drake's Flesh and feel more knowledgeable, as well as refreshed. It's not very nutritious uncooked, but it did its job.
+2 hunger, +2 Mana, Lost Status: Fatigued. Skill Unlocked: Fire Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Control Fire (1 Mana). Retroactive Diplomacy Skill.

Return to fishing. Use Charm Animals to make the fish come to me.
3+2 You go back to fishing and charming, more proficient with such things. Retroactive Diplomacy Skill.
-1 Mana. Obtain Fish x8. Fishing Rank 3: 5/25 EXP. Enchantment Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Enchantment Magic.

Mine coal, eat fish, and head back up.
I will assume you took +1 Mining.
1+2 You only manage to find a little bit of coal before you realize just how hungry you are. You scarf down a fish and head back to the surface.
+1 Health, +3 Hunger. -1 Smoked fish, Obtain Coal x1. Mining Rank 1: 2/15 EXP.

+ 1 to foraging, please
Danea consumes berries until either she is full or out of berries, then heads back to the mine.
5+1 You gorge yourself on berries so much that you feel a bit sick after eating them all. You head to the mine. -1 Health. Hunger replenished, Berries consumed. Gain Status: Ill.

Start practicing my combat skills with my axe and sword, focusing on evasion and agility. Then hunt for more food.
6+1 With so little deer left in the woods, you stumble upon a pack of weak-looking wolves. You easily slice through a good few of them before they run away, but not without some collateral damage. Your forearm was bitten into so badly that not only are you bleeding, you are effectively one-handed for the time being.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Gain Status: Bleeding, One Handed (-1 to Combat, Non-Permanent). Obtain Wolf Meat x10. Hunting Rank 1: 7/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 3/10 EXP.

Thank them for being such a nice friend, and go looking for something to fight or spar against.
1 You find an angry, hungry wolf. It gets the jump on you. -2 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting: Hungry Wolf, 13/13 Health. Retroactive Diplomacy Skill: 5/10 EXP.

Introduce myself nicely, and I guess ask what the story was with everything that just happened like the earth elemental and the one guy with the forehead dot who was casting spells at Wren.
Get to know the other nearby players and the little dragons. They seem nice.
4 A man who introduces himself as Wren seems very friendly, as do the small dragons. nother gentleman named Billy Bob briefly says hello as well.
-1 Hunger, +2 Friendship with the Wyrmling Dragons. Skill Unlocked: Diplomacy Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Introduce self and dragons to Jerra (New person). I need rest (0 mana, get it). Politely invite inside. Meditate on magic and restoring mana and ... earth magic? because we beat the earth mage a bit?
Catching my breath after the elemental drops, ground onto ground, I try to introduce myself and our fantastic dragon friends to the new person and I guess vice versa. Still a little hungry, I'd offer to get us all some food and offer her shelter in the house (built previously). As long as she seems ok, invite Jerra inside the house. Possibly converse and relax a bit.
I'll have to worry about the voice in my head and the weird forehead dot /spells cast at me thing later. For now, he's not around is my understanding. Not sure how I feel about being targeted, but if things look safe for the immediate time being.... Figuring out and dealing with whatever the crap that was is on the concern list, but after regaining mana, and safety matters.
Meditate.
2+2 For some reason, you feel it is slightly easier to meditate on Earth Magic, for now anyways. Jerra seems very polite.
-1 Hunger, +4 Mana. Warning: Low Hunger. Earth Magic Rank 5: 4/40 EXP. Retroactive Diplomacy Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Go eat and meditate to recover mana and Spirit power Introduce self to the newbie first though. Then rest. And if I can, go practice combat with Beary Bob.
3+3 You replenish a lot and practice a lot. Unfortunately, you injure yourself during practice.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. Gain Status: Bleeding. Mana and Spirit replenished. Combat Rank 3: 20/25 EXP. Retroactive Diplomacy Skill

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:56:13 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 22, 2018, 12:56:49 am »

Cut off the Drake's head and bring it back to the village as proof of me having killed it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 22, 2018, 07:50:01 am »

New enchantment. Now, go cook half of my fish and smoke the other half, and take a bit of a rest. Invite anyone that needs food to partake in it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 22, 2018, 09:28:21 am »

well, I did ask for a fight, but this is just a crime. Poor thing is starving! Give it a rabbit.

(I just realised that if this counts as a diplomatic action and I manage to befriend the wolf, it would count as cats and dogs living together.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 02:07:13 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 22, 2018, 09:52:53 am »

Try to build something along the lines of a Bessemer converter, for the purposes of steel making. Just a smaller one, doesn't have to be huge.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:48 am »

Danea meditates in the entrance to the mine, surrounded by the earthen walls of the cave.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 22, 2018, 04:10:03 pm »

Tend to my wounds and cook my fresh food. Then meditate on Spirit Magic.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 24, 2018, 06:25:32 pm »

Cast plant growth on berries, share some berries with Jerra, eat some berries so I don't starve. Save some for later, so we don't starve later. Meditate/regain mana.

Well I'm going to get some of the berries off the bushes / berry farm I planted a while back. May as well cast plant growth on them while I'm at it.
I'll eat some and share with the newcomer, Jerra. Food: the friend maker and the not starver. Pretend that was a better sentence than it was.
Anyhow, if its cool with her, I plan to meditate and/or rest to regain the rest of my mana. Might talk a bit. Figure out options. Keep forehead thing having spellcaster in mind.
Also, I think other people in the original group aren't where I am (house by the river). Ask if Jerra wants to look for them, or something else. Take her opinion into account.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:44:52 pm by Transcendant »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 25, 2018, 03:34:02 am »

+1 Spirit, since I don't think I did that earlier
Get some mangoes to eat, then see about using my Spirit Magic to heal my wound. Also, bring Beary Bob and the dragons some of the deer meat I have if they want some.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:39:24 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 26, 2018, 07:31:27 pm »

I guess I'd thank anyone who's giving me food and keep some for later. I wouldn't mind meeting some of Wren's friends. While we're at it I guess I'd ask how I can get better and stuff like fighting. Can it be a sparring thing? That sounds fun.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 29, 2018, 09:56:45 pm »

Day 4: Windy (2 Turns Remain)
Only Papaj has not posted again. I will move to inactive if they don't post.

Cut off the Drake's head and bring it back to the village as proof of me having killed it.
3+1 The gesture is probably more gruesome than Lady Avita would have preferred, but she nods approvingly.
"Thank you, traveler. We owe you a great debt. Your reward is 50 gold crowns."
-1 Hunger. Diplomacy Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. Obtain 50 Gold Crowns. Lady Avita Cinna now considers you a friend.

New enchantment. Now, go cook half of my fish and smoke the other half, and take a bit of a rest. Invite anyone that needs food to partake in it.
1+2 Gain Spell: Zone of Despair (3 Mana)
Fish are a bit hard to cook. -1 Hunger, +1 Mana. Fish Depleted, Gain Cooked Fish x6, Smoked Fish x6. Cooking Rank 2. Next Rank: 2/20 EXP.
+1 to Gathering Food next turn from Aaron (who will consequently lose the resources taken)

well, I did ask for a fight, but this is just a crime. Poor thing is starving! Give it a rabbit.
6 The wolf sees your gesture and devours the small rabbit. Hungry for more, the wolf smells the other dead rabbits on you and tackles you, stealing the rest of the bodies from your inventory. After it is done feasting, it seems to acknowledge your generosity and neglects to attack, simply laying down.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Rabbits depleted. Wolf: Neutral. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, or +1 Diplomacy (one time only)

Try to build something along the lines of a Bessemer converter, for the purposes of steel making. Just a smaller one, doesn't have to be huge.
1 You start building it, only for the metal to suddenly heat up exponentially in your hands. It really hurts, and then it explodes, the shards scraping your body.
Out of the corner of your eye, you see something. A person in a red and orange cloak lowers their hand and disappears.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. Gain Status: Bleeding.

Danea meditates in the entrance to the mine, surrounded by the earthen walls of the cave.
3 You meditate for a bit, feeling the earth energies flow into you slightly. Unfortunately, you still feel sick.
+2 Mana, -1 Health. Skill Unlocked: Earth Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

Tend to my wounds and cook my fresh food. Then meditate on Spirit Magic.
6 You learn a Healing Spell that helps you out. Unfortunately you burn up all of your mana, as well as some of your meat.
-1 Hunger, Health replenished, Mana depleted. Lost Status: Bleeding. Obtain Cooked Wolf Meat x5. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 13/15 EXP. Gain Spell: Minor Heal (1 Mana).
Cooking Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, or +1 Cooking (one time only)

Cast plant growth on berries, share some berries with Jerra, eat some berries so I don't starve. Save some for later, so we don't starve later. Meditate/regain mana.
Well I'm going to get some of the berries off the bushes / berry farm I planted a while back. May as well cast plant growth on them while I'm at it.
I'll eat some and share with the newcomer, Jerra. Food: the friend maker and the not starver. Pretend that was a better sentence than it was.
Anyhow, if its cool with her, I plan to meditate and/or rest to regain the rest of my mana. Might talk a bit. Figure out options. Keep forehead thing having spellcaster in mind.
Also, I think other people in the original group aren't where I am (house by the river). Ask if Jerra wants to look for them, or something else. Take her opinion into account.
3+2 Your new affinity with plants seems to pay off in a major way.
Hunger and Mana replenished. Earth Magic Rank 5: 10/40 EXP. Foraging Rank 3: 18/25 EXP. Obtain Strawberry x5, Blackberry x5. +1 to Jerra's next action.
+1 Foraging for 3 Turns on Berry Bushes.

+1 Spirit, since I don't think I did that earlier
Get some mangoes to eat, then see about using my Spirit Magic to heal my wound. Also, bring Beary Bob and the dragons some of the deer meat I have if they want some.

1+2 Luckily there is a ripe mango tree nearby. You eat a mango and share some of your meat with your friends.
-2 Mana, +1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. Lost Status: Bleeding. -3 Deer Meat. +1 Bond with Beary, +1 Friendship with Dragon Wyrmlings.
Spirit Magic Rank 2: 4/20 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Diplomacy Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

I guess I'd thank anyone who's giving me food and keep some for later. I wouldn't mind meeting some of Wren's friends. While we're at it I guess I'd ask how I can get better and stuff like fighting. Can it be a sparring thing? That sounds fun.
4+1 You decide to spar for a bit. Your new BFF Wren also gives you some berries. Obtain Strawberry x5, Blackberry x5. Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 5/10 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:25:43 am by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 72