Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132104 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #810 on: June 19, 2018, 07:22:41 pm »

ask the deer what I could do to help them repopulate the forest.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 26, 2018, 02:25:40 pm »

Nighttime 4 (4 Turns Remain): Attack of the Ether Scarabs

Staying at the mouth of the cave, loudly but calmly announce my presence and intentions. I don't want a fight. I just want to know where Lady Avita's stuff is.
1 You shout at the top of your lungs, but your message is still one of peace. There's no response at first. Then, you see a small knife flung at you from the dark. It sticks right into your side. Ouch.
-3 Health, -1 Hunger

Im gonna charge the gems
3 You charge the gems very slightly from the residual magic around you. -1 Hunger. All gems charged 1%.

Zone of Peace, give Aumrath (johiah) food, and grab that skinning knife and tell it to stop attacking people and help me skin fish instead.
2+1 You cast your spell. You have plenty of food to give to Aumrath, so you spare a few fish for him. The knife is still, perhaps because of your Zone of Peace. But it may be that whatever magic temporarily possessed it to stab your friend is gone.
-3 Mana, -1 Hunger. -3 Smoked Fish. Enchantment Magic Rank 3: 12/25 EXP.

Eat food, gather materials from Kosjenka. Finish the steelworks.
((My luck kinda sucks right now apparently.))
4+1 Your luck seems to change, as your friend Aaron gives you some of his nicely cooked fish that you quickly scarf down. You go to check on your robot, whom has gathered a good pile of both copper and iron ores. You finish your steel works and still have a couple left over.
Health and Hunger replenished, Lost Status: Bleeding. Obtain Iron Ore x2, Copper Ore x2. Finished Steelworks. Building Rank 1: 5/15 EXP.

Danea uses shape object to "cut" all the gems she has ontained into their refined state, then selects a refined blue quartz and infuses it with pure Mana. She observes the results.
5 You refine all of your gems with magic. You then use the last mana you have to infuse one of the quartz with energy. It now glows with a strange light on the inside. Staring at it for a bit reminds you of the ocean.
-2 Mana. Refined all gems. Obtain Water Quartz (Blue). Transmutation Magic Rank 1: 8/15 EXP.

Thank the mage for that. If I'm allowed to, try asking her more about herself. Like, does she have other subjects working for her? What/who are the other mages I saw in my dream? What does it mean to be a mage and could I someday become one? Apologize if any of these questions get a negative response. Once I'm done talking, ask her if she needs me to do anything else for her and meditate on Necromancy and ways to combine it with my Spirit Magic.
1+2 She likes you, but nonetheless seems a bit hesitant to reply. Eventually, she speaks thus.
"There have been others that I have lent my power to, but not as much as you. The other mages... they once were my friends. Now we simply work towards a common goal... to try to gain more power. So we hatched a plan and dug into ancient dark magics to tear the Dragon God asunder. But of course, ones so thirsty for power as us would most likely turn on each other eventually... I can trust them no longer. There was also the mystery of why you people started showing up... and then drawing down the magic that we were tapping into. But that is another matter... You know magic, so you are a mage. But to become as powerful as I am is no small feat, fledgling. Continue down this path and you may yet learn how. As for what I require... Perhaps a bit more blood. Kill a natural beast of this world and I shall reward you."
She dissipates after your chat. You meditate for a bit. -1 Hunger, +2 Mana. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 2/20 EXP. Necromancy Rank 0: 2/10 EXP

Practice my combat.
6+2 You're good at combat. Perhaps too good. You swing your sword around, and the air suddenly picks up around you. Your motions pierce the very weave of the air, splitting open a seam you didn't know was there. What opens before you is a gaping hole of stars, through which something breathes. A cloaked figure of purple and black appears before you.
"So its true... the veil is falling apart." She seems quiet for a moment, and then looks to you. "How quaint. Those chosen to come here may yet be this realms downfall as well. One should be careful trying to collect so much strength... It can lead to damnation."
She waved her hands over the void, and suddenly strange bug-like beings appeared within, a small swarm of them flying in every direction. One of them stayed behind, its slightly larger blue body glowing with an ethereal light. The void mended itself back together at her beck and call afterwards, and she smiled before disappearing. "Good luck."
It lashes out at you. Whatever is in this things bite will leave wounds open and bleeding.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Gain status: Bleeding (1) Combat Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger. Fighting Large Ether Scarab: 10/10 Health.

Rest with dragons, no one will mess with us  near them; regain mana, pave the street with magic.
If at first you don't succeed, keep rolling and as long as it's a halfway reasonable thing, the dice gods will eventually smile upon ye. Somehow, I am paving that road, hopefully with magic. Sleep for mana first, then that. If possible, I'd introduce the mayor of this village to our dragon friends and request lodging while I regain mana to get her infrastructure improved, but if that doesn't work then I've still got my friends.
2+1 Being near the dragons seems to help. You pave the roads with your regained mana. -1 Hunger, +1 Mana. Earth Magic Rank 5: 12/40 EXP. +1 Dragoncrown Village Approval.

I guess meditate on healing magic and also offer to heal someone who needs it for free.
4 You seek out people in need of healing. There was an individual who had terrible wounds and wasn't sure to make it, but you heal them right up. The family thanks you with a loaf of bread, which you promptly eat out of politeness. It's very good.
-2 Mana, +2 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. +1 Dragoncrown Village Approval.

ask the deer what I could do to help them repopulate the forest.
6 If there was a way you could make more of them, they would wish it. For now, they need to be protected for the rest of the night. The female deer will be with child in the morning. Of course, that will be more difficult with a small, blue glowing bug that just happened to find your location. Its bite really hurts.
-1 Hunger, -1 Health. Gain status: Bleeding (1), Lost Status: Ill. Diplomacy Rank 1: 8/15 EXP. Fighting Ether Scarab: 5/5 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 12:06:37 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 26, 2018, 02:57:22 pm »

Well then. After all, a hunter must hunt.

But I'm not fully ready to take on a beast. My magic might be relatively strong, but my combat is still somewhat weak. Eat something and start training with my axe and sword, trying to wield and fight with both at the same time. Continue training my dual wielding and combat until I feel that I have improved my skills, healing myself when needed.

((Also, my hand healed many turns ago, but the status wasn't removed.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 26, 2018, 03:06:58 pm »

Convince the knife that it's abilities would be put to much better use skinning fish for me. However, if it remains inactive after the Zone of Peace has dissipated, I'll just take it and skin fish myself.
Now, let's bond with Canadia and Redwing by fishing together.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 26, 2018, 03:35:54 pm »

Make another Kosjenka. This one shall be named Tim and forged from copper. He will be humanoid, and big enough to climb a ladder. His job is to gather the ore Kosjenka mines for me.

((Exponential replication isn't banned, right?))

If I can, I am going to make a large number of golems with enchantments attached to them, because golem armies are cool.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2018, 07:14:35 pm »

swat the scarab off of me and bite it! Show that bug who's boss!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 27, 2018, 12:18:12 am »

Head back to town and rest in the cheapest inn. Heal myself as best as possible.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 27, 2018, 03:43:34 am »

Danea meditates for a bit to recover Mana.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 27, 2018, 03:13:49 pm »

((Yay, time to see if that Rank 4 Combat is worth the time put in.))

Billy Bob looks from his bleeding injury to the scarab, gazing at it for a moment before smiling. "Ha. I was just about to go looking for something to test myself against, and something has been brought to me. I reckon this should be fun." Billy Bob cracks his neck before drawing his sword and rushing at the scarab.

Cut that large scarab up. Go for legs, wings, and mandibles. It can't bite me if it can't get to me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 28, 2018, 12:06:27 pm »

((Also, my hand healed many turns ago, but the status wasn't removed.))
Thanks for pointing that out. I edited it accordingly.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 30, 2018, 01:07:27 pm »

Rest and regain mana again while laying with the dragon friends, then magically pave once more to get more street.

This time I make sure to have a little symbol tastefully at the side of the paved area, possibly a curb of sorts: A crowned dragon. It is, after all Dragoncrown Village. I will, however, sign my name in small print, not obviously so, but quietly out of the way. I would like to have something impressive to show the leader and citizenry of this place come morning, exactly as was the plan.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 01, 2018, 03:38:25 pm »

I guess heal another person and gain favor with Dragoncrown Village. Then I guess rest a little but I'm not sure about long term plans.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 13, 2018, 01:26:33 pm »

Sorry for the delay. Real life got in the way again.
Per request, I will include more varieties of fish. I have changed fish caught so far into Sunfish.

Nighttime 4 (3 turns Remain): The Veil is torn.

Well then. After all, a hunter must hunt.
But I'm not fully ready to take on a beast. My magic might be relatively strong, but my combat is still somewhat weak. Eat something and start training with my axe and sword, trying to wield and fight with both at the same time. Continue training my dual wielding and combat until I feel that I have improved my skills, healing myself when needed.

4+1 You eat up and feel much better. You then train for a bit, feeling like you're getting close to having a hang of this combat thing. You don't need to heal.
-1 Cooked Wolf Meat. Health and Hunger Replenished. Combat Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.

Convince the knife that it's abilities would be put to much better use skinning fish for me. However, if it remains inactive after the Zone of Peace has dissipated, I'll just take it and skin fish myself.
Now, let's bond with Canadia and Redwing by fishing together.

6+2 The knife re-animates. Suddenly, it seems to start glowing red with an ominous power. As you go to fish, blood pours out from its tip into the water.
At first, all it does is attract more carnivorous fish. After you've caught a few large Dorado fish with your friends and the knife skins them, the water shifts unnaturally where the blood is. A being made from blood glares at you with unnatural eyes, and shoots some of the blood at you in a tangible spike. It hurts.
-3 Health, -1 Hunger. Obtain Dorado x3, Large Fish Skin x3. Fishing Rank 3: 20/25 EXP. +1 Bond with Familiar and Animal Companion. Skinning Knife: Cursed. Fighting: Blood Demon, 15/15 Health.

Make another Kosjenka. This one shall be named Tim and forged from copper. He will be humanoid, and big enough to climb a ladder. His job is to gather the ore Kosjenka mines for me.
((Exponential replication isn't banned, right?))
If I can, I am going to make a large number of golems with enchantments attached to them, because golem armies are cool.
(Nothing is technically banned.)
3+1 You have some ore and gems with which you make another small golem. Tim will gather the ore that Kosjenka mines and bring it to the surface one at a time.
Copper Ore Depleted, -1 Rose Quartz and Amethyst. Building Rank 1: 7/15 EXP. Created: Tim the Small Copper Golem, 10/10 Health.

swat the scarab off of me and bite it! Show that bug who's boss!
5 You kill it with ease. Luckily nothing happens. You're still bleeding, though. -1 Health. Combat Rank 1. Next Rank: 5/15 EXP.

Head back to town and rest in the cheapest inn. Heal myself as best as possible.
4 You run back to Dragoncrown for a short rest. The room costs a golden crown. -1 Golden Crown, -1 Hunger. +2 Health, Lost Status: Ill.

Danea meditates for a bit to recover Mana.
5 Your true state of peace heals your body as well. Health and Mana replenished.

((Yay, time to see if that Rank 4 Combat is worth the time put in.))
Billy Bob looks from his bleeding injury to the scarab, gazing at it for a moment before smiling. "Ha. I was just about to go looking for something to test myself against, and something has been brought to me. I reckon this should be fun." Billy Bob cracks his neck before drawing his sword and rushing at the scarab.
Cut that large scarab up. Go for legs, wings, and mandibles. It can't bite me if it can't get to me.
6+2 You slice the scarab in half. The body suddenly explodes, knocking you back for quite a bit of damage. What remains behind is a physical tear in the veil, a small void of stars against reality through which anything could crawl.
-4 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 4: 5/30 EXP. Created: Small Tear in the Veil. Monsters incoming.

Rest and regain mana again while laying with the dragon friends, then magically pave once more to get more street.
This time I make sure to have a little symbol tastefully at the side of the paved area, possibly a curb of sorts: A crowned dragon. It is, after all Dragoncrown Village. I will, however, sign my name in small print, not obviously so, but quietly out of the way. I would like to have something impressive to show the leader and citizenry of this place come morning, exactly as was the plan.
6 You pave the remaining roads after a rest. It is exhausting, tedious work. But now the villagers have warmed to you somewhat.
+3 Mana, -3 Hunger. Earth Magic Rank 5: 17/40 EXP. Approved by Dragoncrown Village. +1 Friendship with Lady Avita and Wyrmlings.

I guess heal another person and gain favor with Dragoncrown Village. Then I guess rest a little but I'm not sure about long term plans.
6 Someone is sick with a very serious disease. You manage to channel your Spirit Magic into a cure for the disease. This takes some time, but the villagers spread word of your deeds. You have gained their trust for such selfless actions.
-2 Hunger, Mana Depleted. Learn Spell: Cure Disease (3 Mana) Spirit Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Health, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Spirit Magic. Approved by Dragoncrown Village.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:48:39 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 13, 2018, 02:11:55 pm »

"If I can tear it, I can stitch it back together. I SHALL SEW THE HEAVENS!"

Tailoring time! I've got magic and spirit power for thread, so use my energies to mend the rift. Make the mend stronger than the veil originally was if I can. Oh, oh, or see about using residual energy from the scarab if that would help. Summon a needle if I need to. Then eat to recover some health and hunger.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:31:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 13, 2018, 02:16:43 pm »

Spoiler: Sonia Wind (click to show/hide)

Waitlist me please.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:30:27 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 72