Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132253 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #855 on: August 09, 2018, 03:59:24 pm »

Fishing.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 11, 2018, 10:44:14 pm »

Sleep and meditate on healing?

I guess it is almost morning. At least no more tummy ache.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 14, 2018, 06:09:15 am »

Spring Day 5: Partly Cloudy (+Earth Magic/Foraging, -Divination/Necromancy. 8 Turns Remain)
Weather and season effects are here, with random-ish positive and negative effects on certain skills. I will try to keep things dynamic and change it over time so it's not the same every day (or even every few turns if desired). Nighttime will also have different bonuses, though some may be more frequent thematically with the setting that I've built up around us.

Refresh the crystal in the spell circle if needed. Mine for crystals/ore.
I wonder if I can use magic to achieve cold fusion/100% efficient fission? Hmm..... Possible power source right there?
2+1 You have no mana. You go mining. -1 Hunger. Crystal Charge: Depleted. Mining Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Iron Ore x1, Copper Ore x1, White Quartz x2

"Mostly I just have fish that I give to everyone, but what I really want to do is help you to figure out what you want. An existence of doing nothing but try to hurt people can't be a fulfilling one." Attempt to negotiate with the blood demon, maybe help it with any issues it may be having. Try to help it figure out what it really wants out of life, and offer to help it get established if it doesn't seem like it's unmanageably evil.
Skin, cook, smoke, and offer fish while we talk.

6+1 Your words seem to sway it somewhat. "I am a demon. My purpose is to manipulate and destroy if commanded to... for now, I've decided to entertain this little deal of yours." Without realizing it, the being ate half of the fish you just cooked, including skins. "I shall keep my end of the bargain. Goodbye... for now." It disappears. You just made a successful deal... with a demon. Surely that won't have ramifications... right?
-1 to next 2 actions. -1 Hunger, all fish cooked. +3 Small fish skin, +3 Cooked Sunfish, +3 Smoked Sunfish. Cooking Rank 2: 7/20 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 0: 7/10 EXP. Crafting Rank 0: 7/10 EXP.
The Blood Demon grows in power.

+1 Combat. Drag the corpse to the camp to butcher and cook it's meat. I have plenty of food, so eat some of my already cooked meat, tend to my wounds and rest to recover my health and recharge my mana.
1+2 You eat up a bit after butchering the wolf. Your dark Mistress returns shortly, looking over your kill. "Yes... this will do nicely." As you cook, she seems to siphon the rest of the wolf's blood out of its body, going straight into her. "Here's your daily reward for being so faithful to me." You feel stronger...
+1 Health, +2 Mana, +1 Hunger. Gain Spells: Moderate Heal (2 Mana), Drain Strength (3 Mana, you gain +1 Combat for 2 Turn, draining the opponent's strength in return)
The Spirit Mage gains more power. Current Power boost: +2. End Game: +5 power boost.

"I have no quarrel with you, ghost, unless that purple robed woman sent you to stand in my way. Continue to threaten me and I will cleave you from existence like I carved that rift you came through. Now then, what is your name?"
Try to get out of the ghost's attack range and use Minor Heal to patch myself up and stop bleeding if necessary while talking.
3 "I am Navnik the Spectre. She that commands Spirit may have some power over this realm, but it was you that tore into the fabric of the Veil. Fight me if you must, but know that I shall be your doom." It lets you ready yourself for combat, unwilling to be swayed out of it. You tried.
+1 Health, -2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Bleeding Stopped. Diplomacy Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Spirit Magic Rank 2: 6/20 EXP. Fighting: Navnik the Spectre, 25/25 HP

Danea removes the head of the broken pickaxe and uses shape object on a copper bar to create a new head and fit it to the pickaxe. She then takes another bar and shapes it into a rod with a gem receptacle in the tip, where she fits her water quartz gem.
Danea tries again.
6 You flood a bunch of magic into making this new pickaxe of yours, and insert the water gem. Almost immediately, it seems to frost over, exuding some sort of coldness to it.
Not too long after that, a figure appears before you. Wearing a blue cloak lined with silver, they extend their hand. "What an intriguing way to mess around with Water Magic... care to test it out?" The Water Mage conjures a small slime that seems to ebb with frost energy and disappears.
-1 Mana, -1 Hunger, -2 Copper Bars. Obtain Copper Pickaxe of Frost. Fighting: Frost Slime, 5/5 Health.
Transmutation Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Transmutation.

Head back to the cave, sneak in, try and get an advantage against those inside.
2 You barely manage to dodge another arrow that gets shot right at your face. -1 Hunger.

Ask the deer couple (who I am now friends with) to try and convince some of their own to return to the forest outskirts in return for the favor. The ecosystem is too far out of balance to sustain there without them. After that, go hunting for mice or rabbits to eat.
4+1 They agree and part ways with you amicably, off to try to save their species. You go hunting and get lots of food in the form of rats and rabbits.
Obtain Rat x5, Rabbit x3. Hunting Rank 1: 10/15 EXP. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger.

Sleep while the sleeping Is good. Maybe have a snack cause my hunger isn't full?
It's nearly morning. 5 more minutes. Maybe 5 more....
My hunger is not full? It's ok either way, I'll snack some.
4+1 You find some food to eat with your berries and then sleep. It's a decent day outside. Hunger filled, Berries depleted

Fishing.
I assume this is your action, so...
5 You fish for a while. Obtain Smallmouth Bass x5. Skill Unlocked: Fishing Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Sleep and meditate on healing?
I guess it is almost morning. At least no more tummy ache.
1 You try to sleep, but you have a nightmare where your vision runs red with blood. You wake to see a literal manifestation of a blood monster before you.
-1 Hunger. Fighting: Enhanced Blood Demon, 20/20 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:32:51 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 14, 2018, 06:20:51 am »

Fuck it! Charge in and beat the shit out of the person throwing all these fucking knives at me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 14, 2018, 06:36:34 am »

Start a campfire and cook the fish.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 14, 2018, 06:50:12 am »

...I mean, I didn't give the thing my soul or anything? So I don't think it'll have repercussions that are too bad?
Anyway, let's meditate and try to restore balance to myself, so as to not have that -1 next turn.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 14, 2018, 07:07:03 am »

Danea kneels down with a small, quizzical smile forming on her normally stony face.

"Cute."

Extending her hand, she gives the ice slime a gentle poke, to test its consistency and response to human contact. Maybe she could keep it as a pet.

(Learn new transmutation, please)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:49:29 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 14, 2018, 07:29:55 am »

Replace the depleted spell crystal with a new one. Meditate on transmutation for a bit.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 14, 2018, 12:53:12 pm »

"You seem to think I did so to be destructive on purpose. It was an accident during a fight, and I tried to fix it though I have had nobody to show me how. I will fight you, Navnik, but I have a request. If I defeat you, bind yourself to my sword. Perhaps you can help me to not tear the Veil every time I swing it. And if I die...tell Beary Bob I was honored to have him as my companion. He's a small black bear back at camp."

Time for combat, I guess, if the spectre still wants to fight. Let's cut this Spectre down. And try not to tear the Veil this time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:56:22 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 14, 2018, 01:20:02 pm »

This? This was just practice and lunch. Cast Minor Heal on myself and find a larger beast to make the Spirit Magee proud. A prey worthy for a god!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 14, 2018, 05:22:34 pm »

return to the wolf, share some of my catch with him, and teach him to hunt rats and rabbits too.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 15, 2018, 10:23:33 pm »

Slash at blood demon with sword and then back up, after I scream of course. Also call out for help if my friends are around me.

Just what everyone wants to wake up to: a literal blood demon. Good times.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 16, 2018, 08:16:26 am »

Also swing at blood demon but with axe

Can't have blood demons running around, blooding up the place, donating bits of themselves to the blood drive, driving ... hemoglobin, and blood lab tests? Hetatology.... nope.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 20, 2018, 05:32:09 pm »

Spring Day 5: Partly Cloudy (+Earth Magic/Foraging, -Divination/Necromancy. 7 Turns Remain)

Fuck it! Charge in and beat the shit out of the person throwing all these fucking knives at me.
4 You charge in and beat the shit out of a goblin. It falls to the floor, seeming to be the guard of this cave that goes deeper into darkness. Combat Rank 2: 18/20 EXP.

Start a campfire and cook the fish.
3 You build a rudimentary campfire and cook a couple fish on it. -1 Hunger. Cooked 2 Smallmouth Bass. Skill Unlocked: Cooking Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

...I mean, I didn't give the thing my soul or anything? So I don't think it'll have repercussions that are too bad?
Anyway, let's meditate and try to restore balance to myself, so as to not have that -1 next turn.
6-1 You meditate to calm down your unease about what just happened. You feel quite refreshed. Health and Mana replenished. -1 for next turn negated.

Danea kneels down with a small, quizzical smile forming on her normally stony face.
"Cute."
Extending her hand, she gives the ice slime a gentle poke, to test its consistency and response to human contact. Maybe she could keep it as a pet.
(Learn new transmutation, please)
6 You poke the slime. It hurts, but the slime seems happy. Somewhere, a water mage is mad. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Small Frost Slime: Friendly. The Water Mage: -1 Favor.

Replace the depleted spell crystal with a new one. Meditate on transmutation for a bit.
3 You find a nearby charged crystal and replace the old one. You then meditate on transmutation magic. -1 Hunger. Transmutation Magic Rank 3: 15/25 EXP.
Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Crystal replaced with a 20% charged crystal.

"You seem to think I did so to be destructive on purpose. It was an accident during a fight, and I tried to fix it though I have had nobody to show me how. I will fight you, Navnik, but I have a request. If I defeat you, bind yourself to my sword. Perhaps you can help me to not tear the Veil every time I swing it. And if I die...tell Beary Bob I was honored to have him as my companion. He's a small black bear back at camp."
Time for combat, I guess, if the spectre still wants to fight. Let's cut this Spectre down. And try not to tear the Veil this time.
1+2 Even with your ghost touch sword, it seems difficult to hit this thing for potent amounts of damage. "Fool..." The ghost reaches out and touches you, draining you of some health.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 4: 7/30 EXP. Fighting: Navnik the Spectre, 23/25 Health

This? This was just practice and lunch. Cast Minor Heal on myself and find a larger beast to make the Spirit Magee proud. A prey worthy for a god!
3 You heal up, and go looking for something bigger. Instead, you find a small black dragon near a pond. Giving your dark mistress a feast of dragon blood would surely make her happy.
-2 Mana, +3 Health. Spirit Magic Rank 2: 9/20 EXP. Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 7/10 EXP. Fighting: Black Dragon Wyrmling, 30/30 Health.

return to the wolf, share some of my catch with him, and teach him to hunt rats and rabbits too.
2+2 You bring some of your kill with you to share with your hungry wolf friend. You then teach him to hunt, and he considers you his ally.
+1 Hunger, +1 Health. -2 Rats, -1 Rabbit. Diplomacy Rank 2: 4/20 EXP. Hunting Rank 1: 12/15 EXP.

Slash at blood demon with sword and then back up, after I scream of course. Also call out for help if my friends are around me.
Just what everyone wants to wake up to: a literal blood demon. Good times.
4+1 You slash at the blood demon quite vigorously and call for your friends to help. Combat Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Fighting: Enhanced Blood Demon, 15/20 Health. +1 to Wren

Also swing at blood demon but with axe
Can't have blood demons running around, blooding up the place, donating bits of themselves to the blood drive, driving ... hemoglobin, and blood lab tests? Hetatology.... nope.
1+2 You hit the blood demon with help from Jerra. It shoots a blood needle back at you. -2 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 2: 11/20 EXP. Fighting: Enhanced Blood Demon, 13/20 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:45:12 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 20, 2018, 05:50:52 pm »

Is the goblin dead?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72