Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132264 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #960 on: October 14, 2018, 05:38:21 pm »

ask if they know any powerful undead that I might be able to defeat, then finish my meal.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 14, 2018, 05:45:17 pm »

-.-
You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Go out and use my fishing powers to catch a sea monster, and then skin and cook it.
Because fuck the water mage.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 14, 2018, 06:28:09 pm »

Now properly equipped, Danea returns to exploring, using her searching skill to look for food and resources along the way.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 15, 2018, 07:49:18 pm »

Next turn will be Night
(...)
Can only cast at Night
((How convenient.))

There's no more time to waste, and it's almost nighttime. Turning back to the Black Dragon corpse, use Create Undead to reanimate it. Bring my new minion to the river and challenge the Water Mage.
-.-

Go out and use my fishing powers to catch a sea monster, and then skin and cook it.

If I notice this man and he succeeds at finding a sea monster, help him kill it to anger and weaken the Water Mage. Otherwise, just stab some water creatures with my sword to piss it off until it decides to summon a monster to fight.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 22, 2018, 10:50:46 pm »

Regain mana; if he attacks, hit him with sword
If he attacks in the middle of town, then I'm asking Jerra to help as well as ... hey anybody who will.

At some point, need to think up Plan B, in case we can't save everyone, Evac. Possible?
Worst case senario, these people need to be able to fight and shelter somewhere somehow.

You're draining my god while letting the spirit mage win over you me and everybody.
I tried to build a home; you attacked me with an earth elemental. I killed it.
I tried to worship my god; and help everyone; you threaten to kill everyone.

Really? This is where we are?

To review, I'm trying to help everyone and you're threatening to attack them?
Why? Because they want food, shelter and a place to live instead of die?
You want them to worship you for that? And, you're threatening everyone again?
You could've given them everything, but you gave them nothing. Again.
Why don't they worship you? Why would they. You'd happily kill them.
You tried to kill them and the Great Dragon and endangered the whole world....

I didn't ask or intend to be a god. You did, but your plan was hatred? Really?

(He, is mad at me? He's risking the world and everyone in it for personal power and he doesn't see anything wrong with that?
Any reason why people don't love him for it?

I existed; built a house, grew crops and fed people. He did ... what good thing... that people should worship him for exactly?)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 22, 2018, 11:02:49 pm »

I need a way to control my power. Meditate on my Spirit Power for a means to control my power better (Overshoot Protection). If I can use Spirit Power to increase my strength, I should hopefully be able to use it to refine it or apply it more precisely.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 23, 2018, 07:52:08 am »

Gratefully accept the bread and eat it.
Talk about healing magic with local healer friend
Help Wren by smacking the mean earth mage if applicable.

[Insert comedic effect from Finding Nemo "fish are friends."]

Yeah, still sticking with the guy feeding people and trying to save them. Yaaay for new healer friend. Let's talk healing and swap healing stories and stuff. Are they a bit or a girl healer?

I don't know. Can we planeswalk? Or planeshift or whatever? Can we take all these people the he'll out of here if we have to? Can somebody else? No idea.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 24, 2018, 06:24:33 pm »

I meant to ask if they were a boy or a girl healer, not a bit or a girl healer. Stupid autocorrect on my droid.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 26, 2018, 05:50:53 pm »

Spring Night 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Spirit, -Searching/Divination.)
5 Days Remain
Only TricMagic has not posted this turn. Also I think it's clear the the mages want to rule out of fear rather than anything else.

Fashion another Kosjenka that will mine specifically for amethyst, using the ores gathered by Tim, or shape object on a pile of Earth.
1+1 You have no mana and feel super tired for some reason. -1 Hunger.

Kill the goblin. Eat it and its compatriot until full. Rest until fully healed. Then meet the dragon.
3+1 You kill the other goblin mercilessly and eat their flesh. Resting until healed, you go into the cave and find a dragon sleeping on a pile of gold, its scales like sapphires. It is slightly larger than the other dragons encountered thus far. One of its eyes open, regarding you carefully. "What do you want?"
Health and hunger replenished. Encountered a Young Sapphire Dragon.

ask if they know any powerful undead that I might be able to defeat, then finish my meal.
3+1 "There's a mummy beneath the mountain ruins that might be sufficient," they reply. You finish your meal.
+1 Health, +4 Hunger, -1 Rabbit. There is now a Mummy beneath the ruins.

-.-

There's no more time to waste, and it's almost nighttime. Turning back to the Black Dragon corpse, use Create Undead to reanimate it. Bring my new minion to the river and challenge the Water Mage.
If I notice this man and he succeeds at finding a sea monster, help him kill it to anger and weaken the Water Mage. Otherwise, just stab some water creatures with my sword to piss it off until it decides to summon a monster to fight.
3+2 (Glass) and 4+1 (Random) Aaron fishes up a Giant Octopus. Theron raises the dragon corpse into a skeleton. Noticing Aaron's catch, Theron leaps into action with his new minion by his side. It doesn't take long to eviscerate the Octopus, leaving Aaron able to skin and cook it. You feel the shift in power as the laughing of Theron's future wife fills the night.
Aaron: Fishing Rank 4: 5/30 EXP. Cooking Rank 2: 12/20 EXP. Obtain Giant Octopus Skin x1, Cooked Octopus Meat x10. The Spirit Mage: +2 Favor. The Water Mage: -2 Favor.
Theron: Mana Depleted. Necromancy Rank 1: 8/15 EXP. Gain Minion: Skeletal Black Dragon Wyrmling, 25/25 Health. The Water Mage: -2 Favor.

The Water Mage loses power. The Spirit Mage gains slightly more power, now at +3.5 Power.

Now properly equipped, Danea returns to exploring, using her searching skill to look for food and resources along the way.
3 It seems like searching for stuff is slightly more difficult at the moment. Still, you manage to find a bit of food and resources.
-1 Hunger. Searching Rank 2: 2/20 EXP. Obtain Copper Ore x2, Brown Mushroom x2.

Regain mana; if he attacks, hit him with sword
If he attacks in the middle of town, then I'm asking Jerra to help as well as ... hey anybody who will.
At some point, need to think up Plan B, in case we can't save everyone, Evac. Possible?
Worst case scenario, these people need to be able to fight and shelter somewhere somehow.
4+1 The Earth Mage does not attack directly, at least not yet. Instead, a large plant monster materializes inside the town. You implore people to either fight or hide, and a good number of them decide to fight with you. A good amount of damage is done to the plant monster.
+1 to Jerra. Combat Rank 2: 19/20 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 1: 7/15 EXP.  Fighting: Shambling Mound, 40/60 Health. 50 Villagers helping.

I need a way to control my power. Meditate on my Spirit Power for a means to control my power better (Overshoot Protection). If I can use Spirit Power to increase my strength, I should hopefully be able to use it to refine it or apply it more precisely.
3+1 You meditate on a way to control your power. You manage to come up with something that might work.
Spirit Power Rank 3: 13/25 EXP. Learn: Controlled Power (3 Spirit, reduces next overshoot by 1. Can only use up to 3 times per day.)

Gratefully accept the bread and eat it.
Talk about healing magic with local healer friend
Help Wren by smacking the mean earth mage if applicable.

1+3 Your friend introduces himself as Ethan. He has blonde hair and blue eyes and appears to be human. When the Shambling Mound appears, you help deal some more damage to it. Unfortunately, its large fist comes down and seriously injures some of the villagers helping out.
+4 Hunger, -1 Bread. Combat Rank 2: 10/20 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 1: 8/15 EXP. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 12/15 EXP. Fighting: Shambling Mound, 30/60 Health.
5 Villagers Wounded, 45 Helping to fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:02:10 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 26, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »

"I seek the Lady Avita Cinna's necklace. Barring that, an honourable death fighting a being as strong as yourself."

Ready myself to dodge in case the dragon refuses to give up the necklace peacefully.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 26, 2018, 06:05:53 pm »

Cool. :)
I want octopus leather and then octopus-leather armor. And then I want it enchanted with overshoot protection. And also cook and skin the various fish that I have that I haven't cooked and skinned yet, and make leather out of their skin too.
I can do all that, right?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:12:24 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 26, 2018, 06:40:05 pm »

Oops...

+2 Health, +2 Hunger, -5 Mana. -1 Cooked fish. Divination Magic Rank 0: 6/10 EXP. Ruins in the mountains registered.

Head for the mountain ruins, pack the scrolls and some rations.

Also, Retroactive if you'll have it, if not, I'll wait.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 26, 2018, 06:48:52 pm »

Danea continues exploring, but instead of searching for anything she simply wanders, looking for landmarks of interest.

If she locates a stream, lake, or waterfall, she stops there and meditates on the theories of water magic. She also attempts to channel a connection to the water mage, to apologize for her disobedience, but also to argue in favor of her decision to spare the slime.

If she locates civilization, either the player settlement or Dragoncrown, she warily stays on the edge of it and observes what is going on within.

If neither of these are located, then she meditates as she walks on the practice of air magic.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 28, 2018, 01:24:06 pm »

Meditate on dimensionalism, replenish mana.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 28, 2018, 01:51:11 pm »

Ask astral-cat if they want to hunt a mummy with me. Regardless, start heading in the direction of the mountains to find the ruins.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72