Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133808 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #450 on: October 12, 2017, 12:53:01 am »

Go eat, then ponder a way to tame the monsters that show up at night, through Spirit Magic.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 12, 2017, 05:11:14 am »

+1 hunger please.

Forage a little more then sleep a bit.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:07 am »

I will try to get the wolf as my animal companion
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 12, 2017, 11:36:00 am »

Eat a few strawberries and a carrot, then gather twigs and such on the way back to the Campsite, so that I can make a small nest for Atemia.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2017, 10:42:44 pm »

Custom Critical has not replied in a while.

Nighttime: 4 Turns Remain

an entire chest was glowing? Interesting. Nap for a bit, and then go looking for it again.
4 You nap for a bit and wake up, looking for that chest. You easily find it via memory alone, and inspect it. The chest isn't locked, but it seems to be empty. Perhaps it has some kind of enchantment on it?
Mana Replenished.

We're all fishing now! (that is, both me and Canadia)
2+2 You and your familiar work together and catch a bunch more fish. -1 Hunger. You obtain Fish x4. Fishing Rank 2: 14/20 EXP.

Smelt the copper ore into bars. Try to channel my transmutation magic to make extremely pure bars.
5 You smelt the copper ore into bar shapes, thinking about magic to make them pure. Usually to purify copper ore, a process called electrolysis is used. However, with magic, anything can be accomplished quicker. Since that does technically fall within the category of changing things into other things, you learn some new Transmutation Magic along the way and cast the spell.
-2 Mana. Copper Ores turned into Pure Copper Bars. Blacksmithing Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Transmutation Magic Rank 2: 10/20 EXP. Gain Spell: Purify Metal (2 Mana)

Continue digging my hermit cave.
2 You don't make a whole lot of progress this time around. -2 Hunger. Warning: Low on Hunger.

+1 to health please. Sit and meditate, focus on purging the poison from my bloodstream.
6 You meditate for a bit and the poison seems to siphon away from your system after you gain 'divine' inspiration from a cloaked figure. Unfortunately, that took a lot of time.
-2 Hunger, Lost Status: Poisoned. Skill Unlocked: Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Cure Poison (3 Mana). Gain Mana Bar: 2/5

Go eat, then ponder a way to tame the monsters that show up at night, through Spirit Magic.
4 You eat up some berries and ponder ways to tame monsters. So long as they aren;t mindless, they could be effected by a Charm or Control spell, but it's highly likely that no monster would eventually agree to become a familiar or companion. However, You also gain the insight that it could be possible to summon monsters from nowhere, and perhaps that has been what is happening to this place the entire time.
+2 Hunger, +1 Health. Choose one: Learn Enchantment Magic or Learn Conjuration Magic.

+1 hunger please.
Forage a little more then sleep a bit.
2+2 You forage for more berries and then fall to sleep. You catch a glimpse of what seems to be a glowing green diamond hovering above you. You feel pulled towards it, feel it's connected to Earth Magic somehow... and then you wake up.
+3 Mana, -1 Hunger. You obtain Strawberry x3, Blackberry x3. Foraging Rank 3: 3/25 EXP.

I will try to get the wolf as my animal companion
4+1 It seems that whatever powers that be have smiled upon you. Your already forged bond with the wolf as well as some inspiration allows you to have it as your animal companion. Name the wolf? Y/N
-1 Mana. Animal Companion: Wolf, 13/13 Health. Enhanced Smell (+1 Hunting), Natural Hunter (+1 Combat).
Skill Unlocked: Earth Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Simple Animal Companion (1 Mana, 1 Use Only)

Eat a few strawberries and a carrot, then gather twigs and such on the way back to the Campsite, so that I can make a small nest for Atemia.
3 You do exactly what you wanted to do, with no repercussions. +1 Health, +2 Hunger. -1 Carrot, -3 Strawberry. You obtain Small Pile of Twigs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 14, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »

Eat some nutritionally dense bear fat, rest as well to heal up.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:14 pm »

Cook/smoke my 5 fish.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 14, 2017, 11:58:18 pm »

Eat my deer meat and start carving some stone furniture.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2017, 12:23:46 am »

put one of my fish in it, and go hunting for more food. Maybe one of the humans might be able to move it somewhere useful?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2017, 09:34:01 am »

> Practice divination magic.
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2017, 11:25:50 am »

Ask dragon Friends about green diamond, socializing with dragons a bit. Cast plant growth on the farm. Then sleep some more.

Sleepily striving straight shape... Called to it and it called back. I can't help but wonder what it means, or help waking up....

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2017, 01:07:07 pm »

Let's start with something simple. How about...
Forge myself a jointed metal gauntlet. Going for something iron man-y without having lasers or whatever.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2017, 02:59:10 pm »

Learn Conjuration Magic, then continue combat training while trying to develop a Steel Skin spell through Abjuration magic.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2017, 05:55:58 pm »

Nighttime: 3 Turns remain.

Eat some nutritionally dense bear fat, rest as well to heal up.
6 You eat up all your bear fat, which certainly fills you up, but it's definitely not very healthy. You have a slightly restless sleep due to stomach pains. They're gone when you finally wake up.
Lost all Bear Fat. Hunger and Mana refilled. Regain no health.

Cook/smoke my 5 fish.
4 You successfully cook up your fish. -1 Hunger, Cooked Fish x3, Smoked Fish x2.
Cooking Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or Gain Permanent +1 to Cooking.

Eat my deer meat and start carving some stone furniture.
6 You eat up all your deer meat and try to carve out some furniture from stone. As the only 'carving' tool you have is your sword, you break it. Sword: Broken. Health and Hunger refilled.

put one of my fish in it, and go hunting for more food. Maybe one of the humans might be able to move it somewhere useful?
3 You put a fish in there and go hunting for more food. You catch a rat. -1 Fish, obtain Rat x1. Hunting Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

> Practice divination magic.
5 You not only practice the art, you learn something new about it without wasting too much time. Divination Magic Rank 0: 7/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Identify Magic (1 Mana, Owl Feather)

Ask dragon Friends about green diamond, socializing with dragons a bit. Cast plant growth on the farm. Then sleep some more.
5 "Thessse dreamsss ssseem to be connected with magic sssomehow..." speculates Kalith, at which Auraj perks up.
"I remember! The Great Dragon was always said to be surrounded by ten diamonds. Each of the five elements had two different diamonds attached to them or something like that. If you're seeing that, it must mean that you're gaining the Great Dragon's favor, specifically in the element of Earth! If you keep doing it, maybe you will be able to steal the domain away from the mage."
This seems to ring true when yet another cast of the spell ripens all of the berry bushes at once. -1 Mana. Earth Magic Rank 4: 10/30 EXP. Bushes: +1 Foraging for 3 Turns.

Let's start with something simple. How about...
Forge myself a jointed metal gauntlet. Going for something iron man-y without having lasers or whatever.
1 You throw some of the copper bars in hastily. You seem to have a penchant for burning yourself, don't you. -2 Health. Warning: Low Health. -2 Copper Bars.

Learn Conjuration Magic, then continue combat training while trying to develop a Steel Skin spell through Abjuration magic.
Conjure Simple Monster (Lasts 1 turn per Mana spent)
1+1
You waste some time swinging your sword around, and seem to come up empty for spells. -2 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:15:17 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2017, 06:01:25 pm »

Meditate some more, to restore my health.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 72