Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132329 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #630 on: January 31, 2018, 08:41:28 pm »

Hello, everyone. I have been waylaid by real life obligations for some time now. What I would like to know is if everyone would still be interested in participating should I be able to post again soon. Thank you all for your patience.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2018, 08:41:59 pm »

I'm still interested.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2018, 08:43:39 pm »

Of course!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2018, 09:45:27 pm »

This is one of the coolest games I've been in, hell yeah I'm interested.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 31, 2018, 10:46:09 pm »

Still ready and willing to be the team's token animal member/mascot.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 01, 2018, 05:13:51 am »

hi. :)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 11, 2018, 09:17:06 pm »

Finally had some time, hopefully such will continue. I will update for everyone, and decide from there whether or not to put people into 'cold storage' or not.

Nighttime 3 (3 Turns remain)

Continue fishing. Maybe I can fish up some non-fish valuables?
Also, eat some fish.
4+1 You go fishing and one of the times you cast your line, you snag something a little bit different. You pull up a small cloth bag, inside of which are three golden coins. One side seems to display the symbol of a dragon, whilst the other displays the symbol of a crown.
-2 Cooked Fish. Hunger filled. Fish x5, Cloth Bag, Gold Coin x3. Fishing Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Maximum Health.

Danea executes a downwards strike with the sword onto the beetle, hoping to end the fight.
6 You manage to kill the beetle outright, but you slam it so hard that your sword is broken. Whoops. -1 Hunger, Sword Broken. Combat Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

A weak, mortal soul is a very small price for unlimited power. A life of servitude is included too, right? Even then, it's a pretty good offer. Thank the purple mage and learn this spirit magic.
3 The Spirit Mage grins. A line of black energy sprouts from her and slams into your forehead; and you feel yourself change. She is your Mistress now, and you will obey.

"Find an Amethyst and sacrifice it to my statue near the ruins, my pet. I shall release you from this nightmare... don't disappoint me."

You wake up. When you look at your reflection, you have a black circle on your forehead that won't wipe away.

Spirit Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EX. Gain Spell: Spiritual Weapon (Lasts 1 Turn per Mana). Remove Status: Nightmare.
Gain Permanent Status: The Spirit Mage: Soulbound (-2 to resist requests from Spirit Mage, +1 Spirit Magic per day)

Try again.
3 You manage to change some of the ground to iron ore through the crystal, but you don't remember how you did it.
-1 Mana, -5% Crystal Charge. Transmutation Magic Rank 2: 12/20 EXP.

Thank Kalith once again, and then get stone to build the statue and the circle
3+2 Her guidance seemed to have helped you a great deal. You craft a statue that looks a lot like the dragon depicted, and insert the ten gems in the order that Kalith instructed. Overall, you did a great job, specially thanks to the high quality and rarity of some of the gems.
-1 To all gems. Skill Unlocked: Building Rank 0. Next Rank: 5/10 EXP. Created Great Dragon Statue of Worship (+2 Favor with Great Dragon, may ask for 1 boon)

Go eat some food to restore hunger, then use Moderate Enhance Self for 2 turns on myself and train my Spirit Power alongside Beary to strengthen our bond.
2+1 You eat a bit, and then use the skill. Beary feels like resting right now, mainly because he got a bit hurt in that fight.
Spirit Depleted, -1 Deer Meat. +3 Hunger, Spirit Power Rank 2: 12/20 EXP. Beary's Health replenished. Gain Buff: +2 on all checks for 2 turns.

Head through the mountain pass, munching on rabbit meat while doing so.
6 You eat some rabbit meat, feeling a lot better. Unfortunately, you were so focused on the eating that you got yourself lost.
Health and Hunger replenished, Rabbit Meat depleted. Lost in Mountain Pass.

snack on the rat that was in my bag. Ask astral cat if it wants to hunt, and offer to try and get it back to it's home.
5 You snack on the juicy rat Winged Cat appreciates your offer, but is unsure how to get back home. It agrees to hunt with you, accepting that this could be its new lot in life.
+3 Hunger, Rat eaten. Winged Cat: +1 Friendship

Green Diamond Please.
"Rival who? Who are you? Why does it even ..." my voice fades as the vision of them does to be replaced by the Dragon.
"I..." Taking a small moment to consider before I gently take the green diamond in hand, "Thank you?" Still confused
What spirit, stone and sprout will come of this? Faith before fear. When the time seems right, after holding the diamond for a moment, I may ask the dragons more of the people in the mountain pass, and why they fear the mages, as well as what else they know of them.
4 You hold the diamond for a moment, before it seems to flow into your very being. You wake up from your dream, and find it marked into your skin just at the bottom of your throat upon further inspection. It glimmers and shines slightly, as if truly special.

The dragons now seem to bow their heads a bit lower to you. "The mages are the ones that broke the world, Blessed One," says Auraj, the title said with reverence. "They made the monsters appear, and have occasionally attacked us just for sport or otherwise. They are leeching life from the Great Dragon, an unbalancing everything. We fear this world may not be able to hold them much longer."

+1 Favor with the Great Dragon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 11, 2018, 09:23:28 pm »

Yay I am so happy this was updated!
Try to channel the power again, but get some kind of constant spell instead of an activated spell, like one that keeps going but slowly.
Also, mine some of the iron ore.

Coolrune I can make you a steel sword if you want.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 11, 2018, 09:28:08 pm »

Danea quickly butchers the corpse with either her damaged sword or her axe, and separates the meat from the chitinous material. She then looks around the floor further for either more creatures or more valuables.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 11, 2018, 10:21:39 pm »

+1 Hunger, ask the dragons about the coins.
Yay it's back :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 11, 2018, 10:26:57 pm »

What boon exactly can i ask for?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2018, 12:48:48 am »

Climb a tree or a tall peak, figure out where I am, then resume trek to the village.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2018, 06:35:57 am »

normally I wouldn't do this since I'm alone, but together we should be able to hunt some rabbit. lets try to find a  rabbit burrow.
They generally keep two exits, so if we find two burrow tunnels relatively close, I can storm in one entrance while my new winged friend is waiting at the other. If the rabbit tries to run out, they'll either run into me, or meet my friend at the other exit!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2018, 09:49:34 am »

Nightmare? That was almost a dream, really. Now I should probably go into the mines and search it for the amethysts the mage requested.

If I can't find any, ask anyone currently in the mines for a spare amethyst and try to convince them to lend me one.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:33:58 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 12, 2018, 05:08:39 pm »

Go to Kalith and say that the statue is done, ask her what should i do next
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72