Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 132407 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10, 4 Days Remain, Spirit Mage at +4)
« Reply #1020 on: December 24, 2018, 11:56:33 am »

Hum, Let's see.... Friends with Dragons, yes. Did not do stupid thing with spirit mage, yes. Hum, yes, I believe we can work something out.

Of course you realize St. Billy Bob is going to have his symbol be the bear serving my common cause of dragoncrown village with the great Dragon, right? There is going to be berries for the dragoncrown growing around the, smaller than the dragon, statue too you know? It not only would piss off earth mage, who shall be forgotten, screw him, but also beary Bob is berry bob. This must happen. :)

Need mana.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:58:50 am by Transcendant »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10, 4 Days Remain, Spirit Mage at +4.5)
« Reply #1021 on: January 01, 2019, 01:28:46 am »

Spring Night 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Spirit/Void, -Searching/Divination.) 4 Turns Remain.
4 Days Remain. Spirit Mage at +4.5
Happy New Year, everyone. I have written up a character sheet for Beary Bob, and accepted the other new application. Random is still on a luck streak.

+1 max health please.
Continue moderate harming the dragon, try and aim for its eyes. See if I can blind it.

2 +1 (Weather Effect: +Spirit). Total: 3 You hit its eye, but it isn't blinded by the hit, just damaged. It claws you back yet again.
-2 Mana, -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 9/10 EXP. Fighting Young Blue Dragon: 55/70 Health.

With that in mind, she searches the forest ruins.
3 +1 (Searching) -1 (Weather Effect: -Searching). Total: 3 You search the forest ruins and find another small slime. This one is green in color and attacks immediately.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Searching Rank 2: 10/20 EXP. Fighting: Small Green Slime, 5/5 Health.

Whelp let’s contact the god council again. Let’s see if I can get an explanation on what just happened.
4 +1 (Diplomacy). Total: 5 The people most willing to talk to you appear before you again: the Great Dragon and the Spirit Mage. She seems happy.
"Ah, it's you again... yes, it appears that one of your friends tried to siphon too much power into themselves at once," she replies. "However, we should rejoice. One of my old comrades is dead, which means less trouble in the long run."
"Since the Mages are siphoning power from me, I am the immediate beacon for their power should they die," says the Great Dragon. "Thus I generally have power over Earth again, since the Earth Mage died. However, I understand that this one's servant has slowly been undermining the others as well..."
"Not long until I am the one true Goddess," she says, with a large grin. "Not to worry. I still very much intend to keep my word. I will save this world... and who knows. I may be persuaded to keep The Great Dragon around as well." She at least seems to like you now as well.
+1 Favor with The Great Dragon. Now Favored with The Spirit Mage. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger

Recover Mana. Read all my scrolls if possible. Need Divination scrolls.
5 -1 (Weather Effect: -Divination). Total: 4 You read the scrolls and discover that they will give you a boost to Divination. Exactly what you wanted.
+4 Mana, -1 Hunger. Divination Magic Rank 0: 9/10 EXP. All Scrolls are now Divination Scrolls (will give +1 to next Divination Roll when used). +1 to Next Divination Roll

Refresh my mana. Tinker with the void amethyst, and set up a ritual circle such that the power absorbed by the amethyst will be redirected towards closing the rifts.
3 +1 (Weather Effect: +Void). Total: 4 You channel your mana into a ritual involving the Void Amethyst, hoping that it will mend the gaps in the sky. Amazingly, it seems to work, but the Amethyst is dissolved from the effort. However, this hasn't seemed to solve the world ending problem. Maybe more needs to be done.

+4 Mana, -1 Hunger. Lost Void Amethyst. Skill Unlocked: Void Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

Weather Change: Clear Night (+Spirit, -Searching)

use 3 mana to cast magic fang, then tackle the mummy’s head and start clawing it’s face off.
2 +1 (Ally). Total: 3 You cast magic fang and get ready to deal some damage with your ally, the winged cat. It deals damage back to you.
-3 Mana, -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting Mummy: 50/60 Health. +1 to Combat for 3 turns. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP.

Rescue the villagers up out of the cracks.
Eat something.
Rally the people.
Rest

Yeah, I get people out of the cracks too and thank Ethan the healer. Sounds like a decent time to rest, cause I'm spent too.
Femmelf 6 and Transcendant 1 +1 (Diplomacy) +1 (Help from Jerra). Total: 3 You drag up the people that fell down, but it appears that they have died. Ethan and the townsfolk are a bit upset, but they understand that you can only do so much. They gather up their dead for a funeral service, and pay thanks to Wren and Jerra both.
Jerra: Mana Replenished, -1 Hunger. Obtain Bread x5. Diplomacy Rank 2: 5/20 EXP. 5 Townsfolk have died.
Wren: +1 Health, +1 Hunger, +1 Mana. Obtain Bread x3. Diplomacy Rank 2. Next Rank: 2/20 EXP.

I guess I'll try to help the other players and maybe try to learn some magic while I'm at it? (I was thinking fire magic but especially if everyone else knows things and is willing to teach me that might be nice too?)
6 You learn some fire magic, but you accidentally burn yourself doing it. Ouch.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Fire Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Control Fire (1 Mana). Mana Bar Unlocked: 5/5 Mana

Pray to the goddess Sepa for the strength to end this fight quickly. Command my undead dragon minion to attempt to grab or immobilize the Wisp from behind, and to create an opportunity for me to strike the Wisp for heavy damage. If it fails, just attack normally with my sword.
2 +1 (Combat) +1 (Favored) +1 (Minion) Your goddess answers your prayer and gives you strength once more. With this extra power, you easily dispatch the wisp. Its power flows into Sepa, to which she smiles with glee.
"Just one more guardian, my beloved, and I shall ascend to the heavens," she says. "The Earth Mage is dead thanks to his own stupidity. Defeat a powerful fire beast, and this world will be ours."
Combat Rank 1: 10/15 EXP. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger or +1 Diplomacy
+0.5 Power to The Spirit Mage, -0.5 Power to The Air Mage

Be the bear.
Try to absorb any leftover energy to evolve somehow. AMD if there is no energy left over, try to expand my Spirit pool.

5 You are now Beary Bob. The townsfolk are erecting a statue to your owner in remembrance of his sacrifice. You, on the other hand, try to pull on the residual energies from the fight, and learn a few things.
Spirit Pool extended to 2/2. Spirit Power Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Skills Unlocked: Earth Magic and Void Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:30:21 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 01, 2019, 01:36:18 am »

Whelp, let’s see if I can get some more power directed to the Dragon in the last moments we have before... whatever’s coming next. Maybe I can find some more Water Mage-affiliated sealife, fish them up, and send them up as a burnt offering to the Dragon?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 01, 2019, 01:45:40 am »

Danea stabs the slime with the Frost Slime Sword, hoping the FSS will absorb the slain slime's power.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 01, 2019, 01:52:17 am »

Use my sword, stab out its eye. Blind the dragon!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 01, 2019, 03:17:54 am »

Petition the Great Dragon for Earth powers, because Billy Bob died for it, and Beary Bob believes it is what he would have wanted.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 01, 2019, 04:02:50 pm »

Find another amethyst. Use a modification of purify metal to make a "pure" amethyst, which can hopefully channel more energy without drowning. Repeat the previous spell construct, but try to limit the flow rate of energy so that the crystal doesn't break.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 01, 2019, 05:47:16 pm »

tear that mummy apart! do not let it live another turn!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 03, 2019, 11:31:46 pm »

Study fire magic some more.

I guess ask the other players at the village what they think I should be doing or if there is another type of magic I should study (I chose fire, because it is somehow the least studied I think).

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 04, 2019, 11:47:18 am »

+1 Health.

Eat something, rest and meditate under the protection of my undead dragon minion to restore my mana and health. Ponder if starting a forest fire might work to call a fire beast or if it would instead make the fire mage stronger. While I might like the idea of just burning the whole forest down, it could give more power to the fire mage or create a fire beast far stronger than the last beasts.

Ask Sepa about Power. If all she needs is the strenght of a powerful being, would taking my own strenght she has gifted to me enough for her to become a full goddess? I fear I might just not be fast enough to kill another beast before it's too late, and if sacrificing myself to her would give her enough power, I would do it.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 05, 2019, 07:21:25 am »

((Just a heads up, not going to be able to access Bay12 for the next few weeks. Just please auto my character to try and kill this dragon, I really don't mind dying against it, as long as I die attempting to kill it. If I win, and I'm not back when the fight is over, feel free to do whatever with my character. Thanks.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 06, 2019, 05:44:33 pm »

Attend the funerals and meditate on healing magic, offering to heal whoever needs it now that I can.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 06, 2019, 10:36:38 pm »

Attend funerals, thank and comfort families, remember then as yet another reason to provide food and necessities for this place and these people.

Regain mana.

Casualties. Not good. At some point, they are getting statues, probably with food growing plants around them. A garden of martyrs. Damn it if mastering earth magic and killing an earth god doesn't let me save them, it can at least preserve the memory if not the martyr.... And although broken, never defeated, although gone, never forgotten, your memory will live on, and carry on. Until and after the end.

Heroes remembered forever; tyrants forgotten whenever.

(I, for one, don't want this to just end. If Theron somehow manages to find a fire beast easily [despite none of us ever having seen one]), is it just straight out over? Are the other mages and great dragon just going to die/be killed? What about everyone in Dragoncrown Village? Do I dare ask about us? ).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:39:04 pm by Transcendant »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 21, 2019, 08:05:36 pm »

Spring Night 5: Clear Night (+Spirit, -Searching) 3 Turns Remain.
4 Days Remain. Spirit Mage at +4.5
Sorry again for the wait. January seems a busy month. Also if this does end, I can promise there will be an epilogue post to say what happens to everyone.

Whelp, let’s see if I can get some more power directed to the Dragon in the last moments we have before... whatever’s coming next. Maybe I can find some more Water Mage-affiliated sealife, fish them up, and send them up as a burnt offering to the Dragon?
3 +1 (Fishing), +1 (Cooking) You fish up a small shark this time and immediately throw it on a fire as an offering to the great dragon.
Fishing Rank 4. Next Rank: 15/30 EXP. Cooking Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Hunger or +1 Max Health. Favored by The Great Dragon, Disliked by The Water Mage.
The Great Dragon gains .5 Power. The Water Mage loses .5 Power.

Danea stabs the slime with the Frost Slime Sword, hoping the FSS will absorb the slain slime's power.
2 +1 (Enchanted Sword) You stab the slime with your frost sword. It freezes and then crumbles into bits of ice. The sword doesn't seem to absorb anything extra from it, but you killed it.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 7/10

Use my sword, stab out its eye. Blind the dragon!
6 +1 (Combat) You finally stab the dragon right in the eye, hot blood spraying everywhere. It roars in pain and throws you away, inhaling and spraying out electricity. It hits you and rattles the very bones inside of your body.
-5 Health, Shaken (-1 to Combat), -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 3. Next Rank: 10/25 EXP. Fighting Young Blue Dragon: 40/70 Health, half blind.

Petition the Great Dragon for Earth powers, because Billy Bob died for it, and Beary Bob believes it is what he would have wanted.
3 You soon feel the knowledge of Earth flowing into your mind. It seems the Great Dragon heard you.
-1 Hunger. Earth Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Spells: Plant Growth (1 Mana)

Find another amethyst. Use a modification of purify metal to make a "pure" amethyst, which can hopefully channel more energy without drowning. Repeat the previous spell construct, but try to limit the flow rate of energy so that the crystal doesn't break.
3 -1 (Weather Effect: - Searching) You waste some time looking around, but find nothing. -1 Hunger.

tear that mummy apart! do not let it live another turn!
4 +1 (Spell Bonus) You tear into the mummy with vigor, doing a whole bunch of damage. It's still alive, but you did a number on it.
Fighting Mummy: 35/60 Health. Combat Rank 1: 12/15 EXP.

Study fire magic some more.
5 You study some fire magic and gain more knowledge without hurting yourself this time.
Fire Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Learn Spells: Fire Orb (2 Mana), Cone of Fire (2 Mana)

+1 Health.
Eat something, rest and meditate under the protection of my undead dragon minion to restore my mana and health. Ponder if starting a forest fire might work to call a fire beast or if it would instead make the fire mage stronger. While I might like the idea of just burning the whole forest down, it could give more power to the fire mage or create a fire beast far stronger than the last beasts.
Ask Sepa about Power. If all she needs is the strength of a powerful being, would taking my own strength she has gifted to me enough for her to become a full goddess? I fear I might just not be fast enough to kill another beast before it's too late, and if sacrificing myself to her would give her enough power, I would do it.

2 +1 (Favored) +1 (Food in Inventory) You eat some of your cooked meat. Sepa seems hesitant to answer at first, but eventually nods her head.
"Yes... sacrificing yourself upon my altar would give me power." She clearly doesn't want you to do it, but she's not exactly stopping you, either.
+1 health, +2 Hunger. -1 Cooked Lizard Meat. Learned the truth.

Attend the funerals and meditate on healing magic, offering to heal whoever needs it now that I can.
1 +1 (Weather Effect: +Spirit) +1 (Dragoncrown Approval) The villagers give you encouraging words and thank you for your service.
-1 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 2: 2/20 EXP.

Attend funerals, thank and comfort families, remember then as yet another reason to provide food and necessities for this place and these people.
Regain mana.

4 +1 (Dragoncrown Village Approval) They praise your name in thanks of your service. Many people say that you were the answer to their prayers. You feel power flow through you.
The people of Dragoncrown Village now worship you as a God. You gain domain over Plants and may now manipulate them as you please for only 1 Mana.
Wren Solvec, Plant God: 0 Power

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:07:58 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 21, 2019, 08:10:00 pm »

Danea returns to searching the ruins, now hoping to find food.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72