Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: X4 Foundations - Revenge of the EGO: Vendetta of the Split  (Read 41135 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X4 Foundations - Revenge of the EGO: Patches. Patches everywhere.
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2018, 10:53:57 am »

You even get a "quicksave" key. It's not that quick.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2018, 08:00:37 pm »

Sooo... I've clocked up 43 hours in 5 days... I think I'm enjoying this game.

Had a couple more crashes, but didn't lose much progress either time.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2018, 11:02:49 am »

Anyone running this on a system that is below the minimum specs? I have an i5 2.6ghz, but the minimum calls for a 3.3ghz i5. The game looks right up my alley, but I'm not sure if my system can handle it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2019, 04:53:58 am »

Anyone running this on a system that is below the minimum specs? I have an i5 2.6ghz, but the minimum calls for a 3.3ghz i5. The game looks right up my alley, but I'm not sure if my system can handle it.

It gets pretty processor heavy later on so it might be ok if you simply want to run around in a ship and shooting stuff up...but if you want to develop stations and a trade network (which you will want to) it will probably die via FPS death for you....

The also needs some optimization work anyways so until that gets done I doubt you have much of a chance because even with proper specs it can get choppy later on if you aren't careful

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2019, 02:47:53 pm »

Huge 2.0 patch is out. Lots of fixes and Player-Owned Shipyards, Steam Workshop Integration and Fight/Econ rebalance being the big upfront changes.
I still haven't tested it yet, but it seems they gave a good pass on stuff I really bitched about for a long time, mostly regarding to Combat balancing and Combat AI when fighting stations and capships.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:53:22 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2019, 10:05:18 pm »

and along with that the 3.0 boron dlc expansion is probably coming very quickly as well.  Egosoft may have had a medicore soft launch, but unlike studios such as frontier developments and the devs behind starmade, egosoft move pretty darn quickly to fix things up - and then a crazy modding community

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2019, 03:21:25 pm »

I'm impressed with adding in steam workshop support, and also with the idea of a Boron expansion.

I like the idea of them releasing optional content DLC's as a model. In the past it's been huge game-changing stuff that you can take or leave. Seems like a more positive approach this time around.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2019, 03:52:58 pm »

x4 is on sale on steam for 25% off. between this and the recentish 2.0 patch, i decided to finally to dive in on this.

downloading now, will edit or double post with my impressions later but im a longtime egosoft fan so i'll probably be very lenient on it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:05:31 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2019, 03:57:31 pm »

Probably going to pick this up as well, thanks for the heads up!!!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2019, 08:08:38 pm »

started a beginners game, only have the basics down. been spending some time hunting xenon and criminals around black hole sun. controls are modified from x rebirth so im fairly familiar.

graphics are pretty, the game says i may have performance issues but in space im perfectly fine. even in combat. some hiccups when i land and walk around.

what sells me on it, other than the ui (both simple and inscrutable at the same time somehow) is the fact that i landed in a nearby chip plant, right behind a npc trader. i then noticed a npc run to the trader, then run around the station a bit, then use the transporter and disappear and then the ship in the stall next to mine lifted off. dont know if that was the npc i saw but damned cool nonetheless.

got my ship painted (cuz its free and im broke), the ship mechanic menu is simple; i like that it highlights modifiable modules on the ship, like guns and engines and stuff.

while i was in space, i noticed some npc ships talking to each other, freelancer style. its a little disjointed but a nice touch. a mod that tightens that up a bit would add loads to the atmosphere of the game
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2019, 11:12:15 am »

Man it's annoying trying to buy ships in this game. Their queue system is ridiculously broken.

I wanted to buy a fighter. The shipyard I want to use to get the fighter I want is missing hullparts. I order my ship at the minimum preset and it says it needs 120 more hull parts. So I go elsewhere and buy a basic freighter and bring it 300 hull parts. It still doesn't build. So I bring it 300 more. Still nothing, still showing 1st in line. I queue up another 300 hull part delivery and I cancel the ship and try to build again - it's missing nothing according to the thing, so I order it again. Still it doesn't build. A few minutes later I cancel and order again. It says it's missing 26 hull parts. My ship arrives with another 300. Still nothing. So I cancel, and add it again. Still nothing happens.

Then suddenly the station vanishes off the map, but my ships are still showing as docked there. Can't select it. So I have to fly all the way out there and find that the station still exists. I order the ship again.. missing 60 hull parts. Here comes my freighter with another 300, sell them, and try to buy it again. Five minutes later, nothing has happened.

I literally brought it 10 times the amount of hull parts it said it was missing, and flew all the way out there to order in person, and still don't have a ship...

Scanned the station and I'm sitting here watching NPC ships jump ahead in the queue as I deliver hull parts with all of my ship orders dumped to the end of the line each time I put more hull parts in...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:22:28 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2019, 08:39:12 pm »

Maybe those ships were queued before?
One thing is certain though, on the current version, probably all shipyards are bottlenecked at the start, and it is indeed very annoying. They need to crank up the ability for shipyards to grow more storage and feed/requisition more resources.

At least it's cool you can help wars by starving empires out of their economies, but eh. The game still needs work. Every few patches they put out, I start a new game and play for about an hour..if I notice things aren't still good, I stop and wait again.
I mean, after the release week I "finished" the game by building up a fleet and three station-complexes. I just couldn't beat my enemies because they were literally invincible. Now you can kill stations at least (IC or OOC) but econ issues still get in the way.

Note that they stated very clearly that they'll look into everything econ-related on the next patch, so there's some hope. I do think the game should've been released in Early Access tho, as it was missing a full year of work at the very least. Maybe a bit more if you count that adding more lore/storylines would be better for the franchise.

For long-term players, followers or fans of Ego, we all knew what was gonna happen. But they may lose a whole batch of new followers because of it. They did Early Access before with their VR stuff AFAIK, no idea why not do the same with X4. I think it's just because they feared selling less due to EA and the high possibility of some new scifi/space sim being released and stealing their thunder in the future - scifi and space is the new zombie and WW2, so would be a justifiable worry. Still, as a dev in a market filled with potential new fans, I wouldn't consciously shoot myself in the foot like that.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2019, 09:07:53 am »

It showed my ship as #1 in queue and showed other shops behind it, but kept moving them ahead of it every time I dropped off parts. I finally queued up two of them and the next time it built the second one (but still not the first). Other shipyards build every ship in order so I'm not sure what to think. Went back wanting miners and ordered 3 and delivered parts. It spit out two of em.

My game seems to like randomly becoming modified too. Wanted to try the ventures thing so I have to keep a close eye on it and not save once it randomly decides its modified.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X4 Foundations - Revenge of the EGO: Vendetta of the Split
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2020, 04:58:42 pm »

The 3.0 Update and Split Vendetta is out!
It brings back the Split which, just like the Paranid, broke down into two factions.

I've started the game over and am glad to see some plotlines thrown in. I believe there's 3 new plotlines, which I imagine one involving the Split, one is about the Hatikvah Free League faction seemingly trying to get out of crime and cutting its ties with the Scale Plate Pact, and another one involving diplomacy missions to pacify relations between warring factions. I'm not 100% sure yet, because I only found and started the HFA one.

There's of course the whole Split economy and ships making a come back, but I'm not sure what they involve or what their paradigm is. I still have to find the Free Families (oppressed Splits) territory, but once I do I'll grind the rep and monies to get myself a Dragon, which used to be my player-ship for a long time in X3. I really want to see the specs to see how it compares to the Paranid Nemesis, which is currently my ship of choice.

I still see some weirdnesses in the game I'd rather not see. I'm pretty sure Mining Ships (gas/mineral) spawning out of nowhere is a scripted encounter, and I have no idea why there's such things in the game - the philosophy was to avoid spawning ships from thin air, and having Antigone or Argon miners deep into far-away hostile Split Territories makes utterly no sense and pisses me off. I don't want to mod this time around due to the online stuff requiring unmodified game, though.

Gotta play a little more before feeling if this was supposed to be the release version and all that, but right now I really appreciate the expanded variety of missions. I had almost 10 accepted missions with just little time put into the save, so there's always lots to do.
Unfortunately, it feels to me crystal mining (spawning) has been nerfed or something, so I cannot shortcut my way into a Nemesis anymore.  :'(

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X4 Foundations - Revenge of the EGO: Vendetta of the Split
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2020, 10:21:07 am »

Raising from the dead, this has been sitting in my backlog for awhile.  Is 3.30 now.

Apparently Split engines allow Medium military ships to go faster then the fastest Small scout ship.  With the same tier engines.  All my wut in this balance oversight.
Cause with ignorance, I was happy with my 200 speed budget Eclipse Vanguard serving as my main military.
I really didn’t appreciate a KHK Medium ship running down my kitted out Pegasus Vanguard.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16