Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Viewer Events and General Questions  (Read 589 times)

rickygarske

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Legends Viewer Events and General Questions
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:32:06 pm »

Greetings,

I am a relatively new user. I have been generating worlds and looking at them in Legends Viewer. One in particular has gone to year 1050 and has 28 Fallen Civilizations. I think I found the world I want and had a few questions.

• When I go into any civilizations, fallen or not, the event log only goes so far before it says, "Too many events! Please filter the events in the events tab." Is there a way to view all the events on a specific civilization chronologically without filtering?
    • Is there a way to generate things past year 1050?
    • Is there a way to take an existing world and have it continue on from the year that it is capped for the initial "Age of Myth"?
    You can see a sample on the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmptcspkviqcp2g/DoorOfMonastaries.PNG?dl=0

Thanks!

[/list]

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • Spooky cart at distance
      • View Profile
    Re: Legends Viewer Events and General Questions
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:49:32 pm »

1. Don't use Legends Viewer so don't know.

2. Advanced worldgen, set year end date to larger.

I find worldgen slows down substantially past year 2200 or so, but it depends on gen of course.

A: If you want to just go past the 1050 years, just export the parameters in legends mode and generate world with longer time.
    B: If you already did something and want to use world activation instead of worldgen type generation, a walled-in 1x1 fortress with 1 or 2 dwarves self-sufficiently caring for themselves will pass time very quickly.