Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr  (Read 10584 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 07:12:20 pm »

I think the only system you haven't unlocked are Warzones. No idea what they are other than they require a really high Inquisitor level to access.

It does get a bit clunky if I switch up my weapons from 2h staff to dual wielding (especially since you can't move the weapon attacks to other slots), especially if I do both, one in each set.

It's the moving weapon attacks to the other slots that's a PITA. For example, I have Mouse 1 and 2, and then Insert, End and Left arrow on the keypad for my other abilities. (I'm an arrow key gamer, fuck off.)

So if I put a Force Rod in one hand and a Force sword in the other, my one Force Sword attack, the slash, ends up bound to my Left Arrow key when I really want it on my right click. And I can remap keys to make this happen, only it will jack with my setup if I switch to my alt gear set with a 2 handed staff.

It's just odd. There should be a drag and drop system for assigning abilities to buttons.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 09:51:47 pm »

So how's the co-op play like? Has anyone tried it? I was thinking of getting the game but I'm wary of the somewhat mixed reviews it's been getting.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 10:53:10 pm »

I haven't played coop since beta. But I enjoyed it. It doesn't do much to change the formula. But guys scale up, there's a lot of them, enough for a good scrap. There's no fighting over loot or inoculator charges or supply refills: each player gets their own drops. Some posts on the Steam forum indicate poor performance in coop, but some have reported the opposite. I can't stand by Martyr's performance. In beta I was getting decent overall FPS but obvious slow down in enemy animation FPS. But this was at max settings. Maybe it's improved by release. The general coop player finder interface is pretty sloppy from what people have said, but playing with a specific person is fairly easy. You just form a party and go do a mission.

I will get around to making a Cabal when I can put some time in. Any thoughts on names? The Microcline Order, perhaps?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:00:12 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 01:52:01 am »

Just learned that the Symbiosis rune for the Psyker, which is supposed to extend the effect of buffs it's slotted in to allies, currently causes the buff to *only* affect allies - the caster no longer gets the benefit.  So that puts a crimp in my plan to bring an array of buffs to the co-op table, at least until they fix it.  (I mean it'd probably still be worth it in a full party, but makes it less fun for me :p)

The Microcline Order -> Ordo Microclinus?  I dunno.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 02:53:43 am »

The Microcline Order -> Ordo Microclinus?  I dunno.

yeah was thinking the same, more in line with the setting etc.

does coop handles well players of different power levels? I've just started and I'll be out for the weekend so I'll be quite weak in comparison if I can ever find time at a common slot with u guys.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 03:50:09 am »

From what I've heard for coop and different power levels, it only looks at the mission host (not sure if that's party leader or what) for the power level when determining the mission modifiers to damage dealt/taken.

The example I saw was a power level 534 character taking a power level 655 mission - this gives a modifier of -30% damage dealt and +48% damage taken.  If that character is in a party when they take the mission, all party members get that same modifier regardless of their actual power level.

Of course, you'll still have the difference in how much stuff you've unlocked and presumably the magnitude of stat bonuses your gear is giving, but you won't have to worry about the kind of penalty your power level 60 character would incur if they took that power level 655 mission solo.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 04:14:10 am »

COOP is being done through their servers and, for me and my buddies at least, is really on/off again laggy. They are hoping to evaluate this by 'increasing server capacity', but at this time I recommend waiting till they iron it out for multiplayer.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 10:11:14 am »

In the meantime I'll get the cabal going, I got my Psyker out of the tutorial missions last night. Ordo Microclinus it will be, in His name.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 05:18:28 pm »

I just learned that you can't play the campaign/story missions in Co-op which is a bummer. SkullUp did a video on the game and I was considering picking up up again. Maybe I will soon...

Is there a place for you to 'warhammerify' names that way, like a generator or something? Or are you just good at doing it naturally? =p

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »

it seems the investigations supports coop

I wonder how they generate those.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2018, 11:28:53 pm »

I just learned that you can't play the campaign/story missions in Co-op which is a bummer. SkullUp did a video on the game and I was considering picking up up again. Maybe I will soon...

Is there a place for you to 'warhammerify' names that way, like a generator or something? Or are you just good at doing it naturally? =p

Story missions make up a small fraction of the game. Most everything else in game is coop. The reasoning is canon to me, at least. Inquisitors rarely work side by side.

And yes, after spending enough time with 40k, you too will learn the power of Fake Latin.

I will have the Cabal up soon, but I lack the Fate to do it atm.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:44:49 pm by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 04:25:29 am »

The Cabal is ready to accept members. I've left its recruiting closed for the moment. Post your account names and I'll get invites out.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2018, 04:34:00 am »

I'd like an invite - account name Biowraith

edit: is there a reason for the underscore in the cabal name?  I see others with spaces in theirs.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:37:43 am by Biowraith »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 04:50:09 am »

I can't figure out how they're doing it, it's not space and it's not an underscore. If we can figure it out I can change the name at any time.

Hrm. Can't find you by your account name. But I can find myself by mine.

I've opened recruiting up on the Cabal, so you can find it in the Cabal list and make a request to join that way.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:53:30 am by nenjin »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 04:56:27 am »

I think it's maybe a region thing - I see the cabal is set to NA region, while I'm apparently "Alpha", whatever that means.

I've applied in any case.

edit: apparently you can get a space in the name by copy-pasting instead of typing it direct.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5