Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr  (Read 10581 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 05:04:20 am »

Ok we know the application system works...mostly. But make sure to post here as well in case you're going by a diff account name than your forum name here, so I know who is Bay12 and who is a rando.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 07:16:53 am »

Might play for a bit today and try to join the thingymajig. Account name should be Ozyton.

E: As an aside do you typically play using keyboard for movement or the mouse? I don't really play these types of games often at all but is there any benefit to using the mouse for movement over the keyboard?

Also, is there a way to reassign skill points once you've used them?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:29:47 am by Ozyton »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 07:56:58 am »

Accepted you into the Cabal (though it may take a while for the server to figure that out and let you e.g. use Cabal chat).

There's consumable items ("Mind Reset") that will allow you to reset the points spent in 1 skill tree.  They can show up as random drops/rewards, or sometimes the vendor sells them for 100k a pop.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2018, 02:16:20 pm »

Got the name changed. Apparently you have to paste it in to the name entry window because spaces were being filtered out by that field when typing. The devs commented so apparently they will fix it later.

I'll promote B12 people up to Lord when they populate in the member list. The servers seem really slow to deliver or update Cabal info.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2018, 11:39:36 am »

applied as LoSboccacc. apparently I cannot change my character name.

are we doing a color scheme thing, or shall I keep my angry marine all yellow?

also, I'm up for some coop until canada gp starts sorryirl issues
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:08:47 pm by LoSboccacc »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2018, 11:40:16 am »

So I've been pretty much bingeing this since release and finished the main campaign today around level 30 (though I still have Chaos Undivided to finish after it).

All in all I've been enjoying it, but good god is it buggy.  Nothing show-stopping so far (I've crashed twice in 40ish hours, plus one major graphics corruption thing during a single mission), but so many little things not working as they should, from the wrong audio playing during a cut scene to missing info in tooltips (variable names instead of the value) to abilities that say they have a DoT component yet apply no DoT to a skill node that says it adds 1% damage to area attacks for each enemy the attack hits, but in practice is adding more like 50% per enemy (Optimal Dispersion, should you want to abuse it before it's fixed - one shot almost any spawn, including the smaller bosses).  But still, fun.

They're gonna need some more content for 30+ though because as it stands it's a massive grind with nothing much new to unlock.  The missions are very samey given how many you need to do, and while campaign missions are decent xp the random missions and co-op matchmaking missions are not.  I'm looking at 10-20 of them per level just now (xp per level is increasing, xp per mission not so much) and they're pretty much exactly the same as all the missions I did for levels 1 through 30.  Which I suppose is true of all ARPGs to one extent or another, but usually you have something to grind towards besides level cap alone (both loot and skill points are primarily boring 1% increment type upgrades, rather than doing anything new or interesting).  I'm in two minds as to whether to tough it out to 50 for when the supposed endgame is introduced, or just play alts instead for a bit more variation in gameplay (or, I suppose, just play something else until they add more stuff).

In the meantime if anyone wants to co-op outside of the underwhelming random matchmaking, give me a shout (GMT evenings mostly) - I've not had any real problems with lag and such in the co-op games I did play and it'll maybe be more fun than doing random missions solo (though if you want to advance, the solo-only campaign is better xp... or throwing fate points at Impossible tarot missions with an xp booster consumable).

are we doing a color scheme thing, or shall I keep my angry marine all yellow?

There's only 4 of us so far (including you) but if we do a color scheme it'll get costly since you have to (pay to) recolour your armour each time you get a new one.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:41:51 am by Biowraith »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 01:08:29 pm »

> you have to (pay to) recolour your armour each time
ah didn't know that

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2018, 01:18:23 pm »

The cost's actually pretty cheap if you stick with the basic design (about 3-4k).  But it gets pricey for the third tier design (75k).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2018, 04:21:25 pm »

ok I'm up for coop if someone's there. can't talk tho.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2018, 07:10:42 pm »

Cheers for the games both of you (I was too slow in saying it in-game :p).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2018, 07:37:11 pm »

Was fun. Hopefully they will get their servers sorted so the rubber banding isn't so bad. But all in all....I was surprised by my overall performance. When there wasn't lag I wasn't having serious slow down most of the time, even with the whole screen exploding.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2018, 04:01:41 am »

coop is definitely fun!

can't wait to have some time to put in a coop short campaign (the investigations thingamabob) to see how it goes in practice.

that said, the game presentation is quite confusing at time. with all the explosions and effects becomes super difficult to understand whether the flashes are from enemy of friendly and whether you're taking damage or not.

also, enemies with a dps weapon are annoying as hell and have no counter except just kiting them which is annoying. inoculator should at the very least cut the status effects timer or reduce damage.

oh and psyker op plz nerf XD

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2018, 10:06:19 am »

inoculator should at the very least cut the status effects timer or reduce damage.
It looks like there are innoculator effects that reduce damage, but they're not unlocked until very high level.  There's also ones to replenish Suppression Resistance; not sure if that'll affect an existing status effect though.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2018, 10:26:00 am »

saw jocan playing around too, we should send him an invite or smth.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 12:15:51 pm »

can't wait to have some time to put in a coop short campaign (the investigations thingamabob) to see how it goes in practice.

They're pretty standard. A couple "choose what you're going to do" options then a string of missions. Unlike regular missions on the map you can set the difficulty modifier so it will produce harder missions if that's your bag.

oh and psyker op plz nerf XD

Are you saying we should nerf the Emperor? Cause that'd be heresy. Also the end of mankind.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:22:33 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5