Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr  (Read 5012 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 06:29:32 pm »

Skulls For The Skull Throne 3 Steam event is on.

Martyr's contribution is that, if you log in before the event ends, you get a skull-faced Cherub pet.

Wew lads.

(Also I'm now like a 1900+ pskyer that can solo red difficulty missions in about 6 minutes. All the endless events that yield loot chests with Relics? Yeah, I can walk out of those events with 7 chests at a time. Damn psykers are broken.)
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2019, 12:23:19 am »

I figured I'd revisit when they do that 2.0 redesign (which I think is due at the end of the month).  Not that I expect they have a clue what they're doing with it :p

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2019, 04:29:00 am »

lol kinda completely forgot about this game

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2019, 10:52:26 am »

Can't blame you. Their updates have been pretty tepid.
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:32 am »

it's more like the game had me doing the same thing on repeat for hours with tiiiiiiiiiiny bit of story interspersed here and there, and ain't got time for that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2019, 11:39:59 am »

Still pretty much the same. I've been grinding out the fate to unlock all the fate-locked content, and by and large it's the same thing each time. A bit of story, the same combat. I did this season and while they did add like 4 or 5 new Khorne-type enemies, not much else was improved. There's more Knight gameplay but that's not terribly exciting either.

W/e though, I suppose I play it because it's a 40k game and less because it's great. But I won't deny that vaporizing entire packs of enemies at a time with my Psyker IS pretty satisfying.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2019, 12:59:23 pm »

Took a bit of time to try out 2.0 and it was kinda fun, though I'm not sure all that much has really changed. 

They say they've speeded up the gameplay a bit but it felt the same to me (though it's been a while since I last played). 

I did like the changes to Tarot where you don't need to spend fate to do special Tarot missions, you just get to apply 1-3 Tarot cards to the regular random missions instead. 

Crafting/gear has some new stuff to modify your items with, but it seems slow & expensive to accumulate compared to how quickly my gear becomes obsolete so I've not made use of it yet.  I did get a blueprint for making Relic eye implants though, so end-game crafting may at least be worthwhile (for the most part that might be the only time it's worthwhile, from what I can tell).

Level cap has been raised to 100, but the vast majority of it is dead levels where you're just getting another skill point for those passive 1.5% bonuses.

Void Campaign is another option for a set of random missions, but this time with ramping difficulty and a limited number of losses - further through you get the more keys you get to open the loot chests at the very end.

Psyker still seems to be far more powerful than the rest.

I gather they adjusted the Warzone thing, but I haven't tried it yet.

And they're still as bad as ever about dealing with bugs - I had two missions I was unable to complete because of bugs, one where the npcs I was to rescue didn't register that they'd been registered and refused to follow me to the exit, and one because a bit of scenery was just slightly in the way preventing me from interacting with the objective.  Both of which were bugs a year or more ago.

No idea if multiplayer is any better than it was - it was telling me it was unavailable when I tried queuing for coop with randoms, and I saw on the forums people complaining that a bug is eating their loot in coop, so yeah...

All in all about what I expected.  It was fun to run through and smite some heretics again and I'll probably spend a bit more time in it here and there, but outside of the 40k feel there's several better ARPGs to be playing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2019, 04:12:19 pm »

Yeah, Martyr is never going to be Path of Exile or even Diablo 3. Smiting heretics is the entire reason to play it.

Looking back on thing I think they really messed up on is that you can't move and shoot at the same time with the exception of one or two weapon abilities that do specifically that. I think that's part of the reason the gameplay has never really felt like it flowed. You're either moving or shooting but almost never doing both. Which is why Psyker's "Click to Vape" abilities and power makes them the most broken class. They don't have to stand there and wail on guys, or shoot slow RoF weapons at single targets. They just drop AoE nukes all day and that is enough for 80% of the enemies in game. I have a side Crusader I've been working on and the gameplay experience is night and day between them. Having to actually mouse over single targets to shoot them versus clicking in their general area, without even targeting a specific mob, makes playing my Crusader so much more tedious than my Psyker.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]