Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: make-baron/count/duke please? 🙏🙏🙏  (Read 1650 times)

chillerwhale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
make-baron/count/duke please? 🙏🙏🙏
« on: October 12, 2021, 02:42:49 pm »

So I ran into a problem where I managed to get the monarch to move in before I had any holdings, and now that the outpost liaison has moved in too he won’t have the meeting with the mayor in order to appoint a baron. I’ve read that sometimes you’ll get a baron when the monarch moves in but all I got was the consort and liaison. I’m now 9 holdings deep and still no baron. I tried making changes to the make-monarch script but all I did was replace the instances of monarch with duke and it didn’t do anything, I have no idea how to really work with scripts or the gm-editor unless someone posted instructions here, so could someone help me out please? Seems like a script is the only way to do it since editing the nobility raws post worldgen does nothing.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: make-baron/count/duke please? 🙏🙏��
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 02:54:16 am »

Getting a mandate spewing monarch is bad enough, and not having to put up with nobles as well should be a blessing, as the leaches don't contribute anything, only demand fancy private facilities, spew mandates, and make demands. They also skirt what should be their military duties.

However, if you really want these parasites you'd need to look into the data structures. The monarch is appointed at the civ level, but I suspect the nobility are appointed at the site level, i.e. the site government entities, rather than at the civ level. Note that there may well be a number of references that have to be set up in multiple structures to get things to work correctly.

chillerwhale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: make-baron/count/duke please? 🙏🙏🙏
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:54:34 am »

This is just my first fortress I’m really proud of and I like the flavor of having all the nobles, despite their silly requests. My queen doesn’t even seem to care when I don’t meet her mandates. I have a gremlin citizen that I spent a lot of time messing with to get working correctly, and would love to elevate them to the position. I already filled her rooms with the requirements, all in her favorite rose gold, all masterwork. I just have no clue where to even start trying to “look into the data structures” which is why I was hoping there would just be a script included in dfhack for this, or a thread here explaining how to do it with the gm-editor. It’s definitely something that I could see being reproducible, just export a ton of wealth and get to 140 pop before getting a holding. I found a few reports of this happening to other people, but they seemed unresolved. Should be a way to make-baron the same way as make-monarch, for the dummies like me who are just going to corrupt their save trying to figure it out as they go.