Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DFHack Script: Unbutcherable Sentient Workaround for fortress and adventure mode  (Read 19593 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Does this still work? Just wondering.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:56:04 am by Ultimuh »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this still work? And will it require that I edit the entity file beforehand?

It doesn't actually rely on ethics, but it fits with the intent and theming with other objects the civ can export and is expected to use when not bugged.

I suppose this should still work if you move the relevant lua to the right place and activate once per session (ideally at the paused start of the game so you don't miss any action) since anything that drops dead or is butchered before activation off and on-screen then is disqualified from having dead_dwarf=false enabled on it to be used.

Intrinsically nothing we know of has actually changed, the only way Toady could break it is if he fixed the bug it was meant to be applying and it flipped back to dead_dwarf=true.  :o

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile

I have not done anything for 3 years and forgot things.

Uh... To have this work, I take the dfhack.init file and add the fix-sentient-butcher line to the end, right?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have not done anything for 3 years and forgot things.

Uh... To have this work, I take the dfhack.init file and add the fix-sentient-butcher line to the end, right?

You can either turn it on when in session if you start the game paused from dfhackpanel command-line or Onmapload.init would probably work better to apply automatically. (like Lethosor has explained inside this url.
Pages: 1 2 [3]