Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's play JParanoia  (Read 1429 times)

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's play JParanoia
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:11:44 pm »

Paranoia is a tabletop game where you are a Troubleshooter in the future. With the help of glorious Friend Computer, you shoot trouble.
Types of trouble to shoot include:
  • Those dirty commies.
  • Mutants!
  • Secret Societies, including the dirty commies and mutants.
  • "Innocent" bystanders.
  • The poor.
  • Your own teammates who have turned against Friend Computer!
There tends to be a lot of both humor and friendly fire, as well as humorous friendly fire and friendly fire resulting from a poor sense of humor. Unfortunately, I have no friends in real life! But, thanks to the glory of the internet, it is possible to play JParanoia, which is Paranoia, with a J! The J stands for internet, so you can play it online. If you click on this link right over here it'll take you to a dropbox where you can download a funky fresh folder with Jparanoia on it. Then you can follow these instructions to make your own character, or follow the directions in the readme provided to abandon me and host your own game.

To make a character:
1. Open the Fresh Paranoia Folder
2. Open the JPChargen folder
3. Run JPChargen.jar
4. set a name for yourself, of the format "something-R-SOMETHINGINALLCAPS", like Cit-R-ZEN, or Com-R-DOM.
5. Hit roll all, and don't change any of the stats, societies or mutant powers(I'm trusting ya'll to be good about sticking to what the RNG gives you)
6. Hit "Adjust Skills" and adjust your skills to your liking. EDIT: Because I'm mean, no skills over 6.
7. Hit save and exit, then look in playerdata for your character. It will be "Yourname.txt"
8. Upload that wherever I can download it easily for GM purposes, and PM me the link.

Post in this thread to tell me if you wanna play some time, and we can discuss what times/dates would work best for everybody. There's no limit on players because Chaos is Fun!, but I'd like at least 3.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:29:06 pm by TinFoilTopHat »