Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (coming soon) Broken Arrow - A large-scale Slitherine game  (Read 2182 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: (coming soon) Broken Arrow - A large-scale Slitherine game
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 04:49:22 pm »

I dislike Slitherine because their wargames feel very cheap to me. Yeah, mechanically they're just good ol fashioned hex-based wargames. I think it was the 40k one that really tore it for me though. It was a very quick and dirty 40k skin on the same kind of games they've been cranking out for a while. Or at least it seemed to me after it left a bad taste in my mouth and I went to do some research.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: (coming soon) Broken Arrow - A large-scale Slitherine game
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2021, 06:36:32 pm »

I dislike Slitherine because their wargames feel very cheap to me. Yeah, mechanically they're just good ol fashioned hex-based wargames. I think it was the 40k one that really tore it for me though. It was a very quick and dirty 40k skin on the same kind of games they've been cranking out for a while. Or at least it seemed to me after it left a bad taste in my mouth and I went to do some research.

I actually felt the same way and then I played Armageddon (assuming that's the one you're referring to?) and I have to say, I think it is much better than Panzer Corps in general (especially with mods)--it's actually a really good game and I completed the campaign, which I cant say I've done for any other game in a while.

Not defending Slitherine, just the one game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 [2]