Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Chapter 2 - Blades in the Dark]  (Read 20745 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Chapter 2 - Blades in the Dark]
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:41:26 pm »

— — [Prologue - Moving Right Along] — —

[ OOC THREAD ] - -

Years ago, during the very brief height of the Caermoan Civil War, a great number of military fortresses, outposts, and keeps were abandoned as their members marched out to join the fighting. However, after the last battle was fought, there was nobody left who could - or would - return to them. So they remained, slowly moldering away... until now.

Both the Caermoan Defense Force and the Shields of Caermo have taken it upon themselves to occupy several of these forts throughout the country, although heavy bandit resistance has made taking more than this number very difficult. Upon joining the Shields, most recruits are directed to begin training wherever they joined, to ensure their fighting abilities are as good as one may say they are.

Right now, in Fort Raivo, only a few days' travel from the fringes of the Verdaani Forest, one group of new recruits has just finished the last of their orientation. They only have one last task to complete before they're ready to join the battle in full...

The leader of Fort Raivo's division, Captain Einion, stands before the members of this group - Squad Eckert was their name. Their ranks consist of a dark-haired young man, a woman astride a horse, someone wearing a full set of soldier's armor, a tanned boy with a tome, and their leader: a very incongruous young lady holding a staff.

Although the Captain was clearly getting on in years, his performance on the battlefield hasn't suffered one bit - nearly anyone could tell you that. The man is well-respected among Fort Raivo, although Squad Eckert has only ever seen him in passing. He glances briefly over the group, doing an internal headcount.

"...This is all of you, right? I wouldn't want to get things started only to find out halfway through we'd forgotten about someone."

//Bleddyn Einion, Ennis, Henry Rougemont, and Ruth are in!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:14:58 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Prologue - Moving Right Along]
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 08:43:52 pm »

Henry snapped off a proper salute.

"I believe so, sir!"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:47:48 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 09:04:55 pm »

Bleddyn nods, and seeing Henry salute, did the same.
"Yes, Captain."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 09:09:07 pm »

: "Sure is! Squad Eckert, all present an accounted for, sir!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 11:37:51 pm »

"Ready and waiting, sir."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 12:25:56 am »

"Yep, we're all here."

"Good, good. I like your enthusiasm! I have a feeling I know who's coming out on top of this spar."

"Squad Brenhart should be with us very soon and then we'll begin. Feel free to discuss strategy and what have you, I'll just wait here."
He walks a few yards away and stands near the entrance of the fort proper.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:19:18 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:36:11 am »

Henry bounced in place a few times and stretched.

"It feels like we've been in training for ages. It'll be good to spar with another squad again."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 12:46:36 am »

"It definitely will be. I hope Squad Brenhart is as good as people say... We could learn a lot from them, I think."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:19:10 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 01:05:50 am »

"So... tactics, right? I think we should just keep me and Henry in front and stay together. Ennis can stay just behind us and sweep forward when there's a good opportunity, and our magic users keep behind Ennis's place."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 01:18:02 am »

"That sounds good to me. I can still use a bit more work on defense anyway..."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 01:21:45 am »

"Good idea. I'll go first and test their defenses. Hold on."

Henry reached up and took off the helmet.

"It was getting a bit stuffy for my liking. I'll put it back on when we're ready to fight."

She shook some of her hair from her face and pushed her bangs back with the hand that wasn't holding the helmet at her side.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:41:32 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 01:50:36 am »

: "Sounds like a plan to me, though I don't reckon Ennis will be fond of sittin behind much of anything."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 01:55:15 am »

"I'm good with anything, but....I don't think staying behind on a horse is a great idea, just sayin'."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 02:07:14 am »

"I didn't say stay behind the whole time. When there's a good chance, you ride up and pick someone off or smash the enemy line."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 02:18:00 am »

"Right, what he said. You can cover more distance than we can in the same amount of time, so it's best for you to use hit and run tactics."

Henrietta idly swung her helmet back and forth, dangling it from her fingertips.

"Ruth, does this sound good to you? You're our squad captain."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35