Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 37524 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »

according to the future of the fort update, no matter how far away a civ is we can send squads out to them. And if we harass them into war then they will attack despite the distance.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »

I have an idea for this fort.

Suppose there is some sort of a  capitalist "resistance" force, basically just a group of random dwarves. What if we caused an intentional loyalty cascade that made this resistance force hostile to the other dwarves? We could have a challenge where you have to make sure to keep the two factions separated or all hell would break loose. Roleplay is as trying to keep the peace between two groups of different ideologies. Encounters, when they do happen, will also need to be meticulously managed to prevent more dwarves from getting caught up in the quarrel.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2017, 08:57:22 pm »

we made something like that a while back, capitalist dwarves that act like vampires to weaken the communist dream in our loyal dwarves until they try to rebel. Look for the full description, it was actually really cool.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2017, 10:29:45 pm »

according to the future of the fort update, no matter how far away a civ is we can send squads out to them. And if we harass them into war then they will attack despite the distance.

Beautiful. MUWAHAHAHAHA!

I have an idea for this fort.

Suppose there is some sort of a  capitalist "resistance" force, basically just a group of random dwarves. What if we caused an intentional loyalty cascade that made this resistance force hostile to the other dwarves? We could have a challenge where you have to make sure to keep the two factions separated or all hell would break loose. Roleplay is as trying to keep the peace between two groups of different ideologies. Encounters, when they do happen, will also need to be meticulously managed to prevent more dwarves from getting caught up in the quarrel.

Comerade. We are here to destroy filthy capitalist and fascist and anarchist pigs. Not keep the peace between them. Commisar Ivan hunt capitalist scum down and give them the beating they deserve!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2017, 10:55:43 pm »

I'm more in favour of one type for each civ, with something more subtle like [NAME:elf:elves:fascist], so while they show up as 'the fascist civilization of xxx' in Legends, but still appear as elves when you meet them in creature mode. Also prefer hostile dwarf civ to be the royalists (bourgeois) since it's more thematically appropriate :P.

It might be possible to make the capitalist spies attempt to trigger loyalty cascades (capitalist subversion!) amongst your population, but that might be a little too much to deal with for poor Komissar Ivan, who'll have to deal with all the mods we've laden upon him.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2017, 09:45:52 pm »

I'm more in favour of one type for each civ, with something more subtle like [NAME:elf:elves:fascist], so while they show up as 'the fascist civilization of xxx' in Legends, but still appear as elves when you meet them in creature mode. Also prefer hostile dwarf civ to be the royalists (bourgeois) since it's more thematically appropriate :P.

It might be possible to make the capitalist spies attempt to trigger loyalty cascades (capitalist subversion!) amongst your population, but that might be a little too much to deal with for poor Komissar Ivan, who'll have to deal with all the mods we've laden upon him.

Hmm. I like that best. :D And yes, that is more thematically. Maybe make an edit to the capitalist one that gives them royalist allies in a similar fashion?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2017, 10:28:52 pm »

would it be possible for me to be dorfed[insert question mark]

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2017, 07:59:10 am »

Absolutely Comerade. I've got a list in the first post. What profession and name would you like?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2017, 08:28:49 am »

You know, I notice that I don't seem to be on the list. Did I forget to ask? I thought I had.

Well, anyway. Comrade Spin wishes to be your mild-mannered bookkeeper / secret head of the Bureau of Wet Work, who arranges for the cataloguing, summation, and, when necessary, subtraction of party assets.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2017, 09:45:39 am »

Sanctume; unknown for now

Sanctume would like the one wields the axe who chops the heads of anyone.  Someone has to enforce orderz.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2017, 02:01:25 pm »

You know, I notice that I don't seem to be on the list. Did I forget to ask? I thought I had.

Well, anyway. Comrade Spin wishes to be your mild-mannered bookkeeper / secret head of the Bureau of Wet Work, who arranges for the cataloguing, summation, and, when necessary, subtraction of party assets.

Could have sworn you're there. I'll check. *checks* Oh. Huh. I thought I did. Well, I was planning on Kommizar Ivan to do all managering and bookkeeping, but I'm sure he'll look for someone to take over some duties. As long as they're in the same room so he can keep an eye on them.

[Edit] You were put in the 'helped with stuff' part, not the dorfing part.

Sanctume; unknown for now

Sanctume would like the one wields the axe who chops the heads of anyone.  Someone has to enforce orderz.

You can be Chief of ElfChopping. And train the ax-dwarfz.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2017, 02:22:29 pm »

I wish to be engineer dwarf for glorious Communist motherland.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2017, 02:24:55 pm »

Absolutely Comerade. I've got a list in the first post. What profession and name would you like?
Peter, sounds like russoified version of paxie, or close enough, I would love to be a metal smith if possible.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:51 pm »

Peter, sounds like russoified version of paxie, or close enough, I would love to be a metal smith if possible.
"Peter" in Russian would be Petro (or Petya when talking informally).

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2017, 03:07:03 pm »

"Peter" in Russian would be Petro (or Petya when talking informally).

That's fine, I assumed I was being asked that because Paxiecrunchle would not fit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20