Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 36216 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2018, 06:16:39 pm »

You gotta do something weird to enable dumping, I don't remember what it is but it's a long sting of menus and hot keys. As for the vampire, look at all the migrants to see if anyone is ludicrously skilled in a bunch of useless skills, like a legendary tracker or observer. Or you can look to see if anyone has a giant list of kills. I'm not sure if this can happen, but you might be able to find the comrade who just died in someone's kill list.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2018, 06:26:53 pm »

o-r-o toggles to take refuse outside, which also affects dump. 

My recent vampire hunting consisted of 2x2 room dug down a ramp and locked by a hatch. 

I put a lever in each room, profiles to each suspect, and and Pull now! 
When the dwarf goes in, the hatch is locked. 

The one who don't get thirsty, hungry, or sleep is a vampire.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2018, 06:37:11 pm »

My recent vampire hunting consisted of 2x2 room dug down a ramp and locked by a hatch. 

Ok! I'll go fiddle with that.

Well I don't mind too much if he snacks on the useless migrants for a while, but that does seem like a communist thing to do. XD I can turn that into prison cells. Maybe build them deep next to the magma to make them uncomfortably hot? For lulzies? And couldn't I use burrows for the same thing instead of levers?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2018, 07:08:16 pm »

You might be able to, but I think when a vampire is going to feed he ignores burrows.

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2018, 07:22:48 pm »

Brilliant!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2018, 07:45:39 pm »

You might be able to, but I think when a vampire is going to feed he ignores burrows.

Ah right... Wait. Are 'breaks' still a thing? Or is it now 'no job'? Because if they're still a thing I could probably follow whoever takes a break, since they're most likely the vampire.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2018, 06:02:06 pm »

Ok komerades! There's a new poll up for what to do with the vampire when found.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2018, 08:09:23 am »

I SUMMON THE NECROMANCER!

Wow. It's been quite some time since I've been on the forums... Sorry for just up and vanishing. Got distracted with other things. ^^; Namely YouTube, planning/writing a story, YouTube, playing From the Depths, and YouTube. Uh. Should I continue this fortress (if the LNP is updated for the newer releases and saves are compatible) or make a new one? I'm thinking of a caste system with as separate layers as possible. In a super savage, high monster world. The last part is totally not inspired by Kruggsmash's (Krugsmash?) Latest LP...

Quick edit: If it's a new fort, should I try and mod in dwarves needing to 'make themselves comfortable' so we need sewer systems and such? I'm gonna look in the mod forums to see if that's already been done and slap it in.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:31:41 am by speciesunkn0wn »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2018, 07:07:01 pm »

I mean, as long as we finally get that communist greeting reaction to work I don't mind what you do.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2018, 11:15:28 pm »

I mean, as long as we finally get that communist greeting reaction to work I don't mind what you do.

Well this one won't be communist. It'd be a caste system. Could probably make it facist though. All woodworkers and plant and animal peeps are in a camp on the surface with no shelter besides a dirt hole where their stuff is tossed down to the Stone caste to keep the rain out of the underground. No cooked food, possibly no booze. Have wooden weapons aside from some copper axes. Wood and bone armor if they're lucky. Deal with surface threats before they get down to the fort proper.

Stone layer is all the stone peeps besides Legendary engravers. They'll be in the middle. Layers of the map. Bronze armor and weapons. And gotta deal with the first two caverns? Possibly just the first.

Metal layer: nobility and metal workers. Best armor and weapons, biggest rooms, etc.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2018, 09:06:59 am »

Ok. I think I'll start a new fort in a new post. Be on the lookout for it in a little while! :D

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]