Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 36205 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2017, 08:21:04 am »

Of course ze great Mother mountainhome shalll be guarded exclusively by many trained bear, no?

By Comrade Armok! It iz brilliant comerade! The Kit-1 LIVEAMMO Fortress Defense System shall be made! (Living Intelligent Vehicular Ejected Animals Maiming Motherhome Opponents). Also probably going to be useful in executing the Enemies of State by hurling them at sieges to give one last fight. If they survive 12 sieges, they may be allowed in to fight with actual weapons and armor as simply Suspect. It shall be placed to activate just ahead of the entrance to the Parade Grounds.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2017, 02:32:08 pm »

It wouldn't take much to mod in Mother Mountain home starting with tamed bears, I'd definitely be into that

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »

It wouldn't take much to mod in Mother Mountain home starting with tamed bears, I'd definitely be into that

Make them cost 1 embark point for the lulz of bringing a crap ton of war bears for early defense?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »

That would be good, but we would also have to make them a common domestic, or set dwarves to tame anything in the area. I forget exactly what the tag is, but it's the things that elves have. We would need to do this so that the Mountain home has access to bears for us to bring. Then we can mess around with the descriptions and such to have it say that they are "fighting for communism" and such.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »

That would be good, but we would also have to make them a common domestic, or set dwarves to tame anything in the area. I forget exactly what the tag is, but it's the things that elves have. We would need to do this so that the Mountain home has access to bears for us to bring. Then we can mess around with the descriptions and such to have it say that they are "fighting for communism" and such.

Muwahahaha. I'll go poke around in it when the update comes out.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2017, 09:32:30 pm »

Wait, can you name animals? If yes, can I be "dorfed" as a cat?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2017, 07:18:03 am »

Wait, can you name animals? If yes, can I be "dorfed" as a cat?

Sadly no. I can make you someone who owns a cat though.

Swompy Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2017, 04:59:11 am »

Hey !

You need a rule for breaking down writer, poeter and "intellectual".

For the glory of da Parti

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:03 am »

Hey !

I think there was "realistic art" in USSR, it involved farmers working and such. So art is still allowed, but it should be about labor.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2017, 05:40:34 am »

Easy. Any named dwarf with incidental skills in Writing, Reading, Art or Poetry is automatically classified an Intellectual and considered Suspect. The only way to prove their dwarf's loyalty to the Party is to write a freeform passage, poem, song, drawing or stanza praising the Glorious Party and Mother Mountainhome. Failure to comply would of course lead to the suspected dwarf being sent to the GULAG. Upon complying with their Duty to the State, said named dwarf will be permitted to continue their existence as an Party Intellectual, albeit under the tight scrutiny by the Party and its related members for the production of materials or speech considered Seditious and Harmful to the Greater Good of the People. In the case of such reports, the named dwarf is once again required to perform their Duty to the State to prove their unwavering loyalty to the Glorious Cause.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2017, 10:42:54 am »

Hey !

I think there was "realistic art" in USSR, it involved farmers working and such. So art is still allowed, but it should be about labor.

Easy. Any named dwarf with incidental skills in Writing, Reading, Art or Poetry is automatically classified an Intellectual and considered Suspect. The only way to prove their dwarf's loyalty to the Party is to write a freeform passage, poem, song, drawing or stanza praising the Glorious Party and Mother Mountainhome. Failure to comply would of course lead to the suspected dwarf being sent to the GULAG. Upon complying with their Duty to the State, said named dwarf will be permitted to continue their existence as an Party Intellectual, albeit under the tight scrutiny by the Party and its related members for the production of materials or speech considered Seditious and Harmful to the Greater Good of the People. In the case of such reports, the named dwarf is once again required to perform their Duty to the State to prove their unwavering loyalty to the Glorious Cause.

Yez. The party approvez. Say Bearskie, would you like to train the war bear defenses with KittyTac?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2017, 11:30:30 am »

Da, Comrade. As ze Soviet Bear I will bear ze great responsibility of arming our bears.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2017, 07:21:31 pm »

Da, Comrade. As ze Soviet Bear I will bear ze great responsibility of arming our bears.

*sniff* Zo beutiful. Maybe I zhould edit bearz to be able to pick up weaponz?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2017, 08:44:12 pm »

Or some elite Grizzly Bear-man civ.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2017, 09:07:12 pm »

Or some elite Grizzly Bear-man civ.

Bigger maybe, comerade. But maybe. XD

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20