Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarf therapist not launching  (Read 3702 times)

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarf therapist not launching
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:51:55 pm »

everyone

I have downloaded the game and the lazy newb pack. i have gotten in to the game and started a fort. however i can not seem to launch dwarf therapist. I tried it both before I launched and after I am all ready in the game. neither work . from what i an can tell auto labor is off. is there any thing else that would effect  dwarf therapist?

sorry if this is the wrong forum,

sunhear

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: dwarf therapist not launching
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 04:31:34 am »

There is a thread for DT posts in the "DF Modding/Utilities and 3rd Party Applications" section of forums. There might be a thread for LNP in the Modding section.

If it is failing to find the DF process or failing to connect due to an unrecognized DF version, it would reply with a message box. If there is no message box, there should be log output from DT (possibly fed to a text file by LNP so check the LNP directories for a logs folder; or you should see that log output if you open DT at the command prompt).
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:16:37 pm »

Windows?

Go to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7530106#msg7530106

You probably need the mingw version. Use LNP to open the utilities folder, make a backup of therapist if you care (doesn't work anyway, right?), then extract all the mingw files into that folder.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:18:40 pm by Thorfinn »

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »

mingw? can you elaborate more? 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:30:35 am »

You ought to describe how you fail to launch DT, i.e. what you do and what happens (it can fail by nothing happening at all, starting but immediately closing, starting but claiming not to connect to DF, etc.). With the LNP there is an option to lauch DT together with DT, although there is also a way to lauch it manually (e.g. to restart it after closing it down), and it can also be launched directly by activating the exe file.

DT is known not to work properly for everyone, and the original author is no longer available. A few other people are trying to get it back on track

The LNP thread is in the DF General Discussion sub forum, by the way.